By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you think you're really good at gaming?

Before I ranked 13th in Project Gotham 4 leaderboard ranked 2nd in soul calibur hd remake in survival leaderboard and ranked 1st in worms xbl arcade I never get defeated from Demons Souls players invasions .... but still I sucked at all FPS & RTS games ! And I dont think myself that much good there is monsters nerds in gaming world !.

Around the Network

I used to be a great gamer, then I took "Demons souls" to the knee.

Definitely above average but not amazing. KD in mp games is usually 1.50-2.00, hard modes generally aren't that hard for me.

To me the only skill you keep between different games (especially different genres) is your eyes.

To most valuable skill of a gamer is its capacity to read to screen fast, and analyse the situation.
But if the best starcraft player was to play aginst a good street fighter 2 player (given starcraft player does not usually play street fighter), he would get his ass beaten in a blink.

So the question is not do you think you are a skilled player, but in wich games are you skilled, and how would you rate your skills ? IMO

I can beat Contra in 15 minutes WITHOUT dying once.

So yeah, I'm pretty damn good at gaming.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

I think i am a average gamer... i play all types of games and i rarely replay a game so i do not get super good at it... back in the days i was very good in cs source but it took me several months playing daily with my leet friends... now i have too many games in backlog too waste too much time in a single game.

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Hardly anyone is that good at all games. My best performances were Resistance 2 (always at top 8-10 in 60 players matches), The Last of Us online (participated in some tournaments, usually win almost all the matches with my team and good k/d ratio) and some fighting games, specially KoF. In the rest, I'm pretty much average.

Actually, I'm only good at those games because I played or play them a lot, more than any other. Usually, people who are absurdly good at one game play it much more than others (or just play it). If you just play new games and keep with some variety, you won't be that good in any of them.

No, I know that I'm really good at gaming because I have evidence to back it up. Here is a list of some of the feats I have accomplished through the years:

- Completed Dead Space 1 on impossible mode with no deaths

- Completed Dead Space 2 and 3 on hardcore mode with no deaths

- Completed Halo Reach and Halo 4 on Legendary with no deaths

- Beaten Guitar Hero 3's Through the Fire and Flames on Expert with 93% notes hit

- Ranked number 42 on Guitar Hero Van Halen's overall Leaderboards (Xbox 360)

- Completed Super Smash Bros. Melee's Classic mode on Very Hard with one single death (which was luck based; a wooden box exploded)

- Completed The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D with three hearts, no sword (except when requird to inflict damage), no fire/ice arrows, no fairies and other restrictions that I can't remember

Hopefully this clears out any doubt that you otherwise might have had.

As a whole I'm okay.

I've made some VERY impressive achievements in Mario Kart, Super Smash, Super Mario games, Legend of Zelda, and other Nintendo games alongside Roller Coaster Tycoon.

I'm still terrible at shooters and non-Nintendo adventure games.

Overall, I would say they balance out and make me okay. Essentially, if I put in the effort because it's extra fun for me, I'll get REALLY good, but I start out kinda sucky.

just average really,
Although many years ago when soul calibur was out in the arcades i was super good at that. I had the game on home console and practiced there for hours as i loved the game and then used to go to the namco arcade i'd play against people there. I was unbeaten and it literally got to the point where people were wanting to play me at it so they could try and be the one to beat me. One day on my dinner at college i went down to namco to do the usual and the manager told me about some soul calibur worldwide tournament and he wanted me to enter it but i never did. Sort of wish i did now just to see how far id of got.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website