By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you think you're really good at gaming?

I'm better than average at most genres so I'd say I'm pretty good.

I also play a lot of games though, so if I play against someone who is good at games but constantly goes back to the same couple of games, more than likely I'm not going to do well against those people.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
I'm better than average at most genres so I'd say I'm pretty good.

I also play a lot of games though, so if I play against someone who is good at games but constantly goes back to the same couple of games, more than likely I'm not going to do well against those people.

You have a tippy bird who is further into Lightning returns than me... I feel ashamed.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

No. Not by any stretch of the imagination. Maybe I used to be, but these days I just...don't care. I'm good enough to beat most games I play, and I'm content with that.

I don't like to consider myself "the best" on any games I play. It's not like I'm in a competition. I go at my own pace. I always start the game on Normal difficulty, try to accomplish the challenges, try to discover everything, get the rest of the trophies after I complete the game... I'm not in a rush to be #1. Although, I have a pet peeve: try to complete the game with no deaths.

Now, when I see a game I love for some reason, I try to push thru the limit. I always loved to kick ass in MGS PW Versus Ops. I won a lot of games, but I got beaten so many times. But there was something on the game that kept me playing, not caring if I was gonna lose.

And when I bought Ground Zeroes recently, I decided to go for the Longest Headshot distance record. I did manage to reach #1 worldwide, but others beat my record in less than a day. But I already got to the top and took a picture of it as evidence. I don't need to prove anything else.

I'm great at RTS and RPG games, but I pretty much suck or play average at everything else. Sport games- I always lose. Racing- I always lose. Fighting games- I always lose. FPS- average.

To be honest, I guess I suck at video games but I love playing them anyway.

Around the Network

I am actually pretty shitty at playing games on consoles now that I think about it... Except Nintendo games that is! Prepare to get owned in SSB and possibly in MK8

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Excluding fighting games i'd say i'm an above average gamer. I've never really been bad at any game and excel at most.

I'm pretty sucky at games, actually. Largely from a lack of dedication. I've always been pretty good at music games at least.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

No, I am an average gamer at best. What I do have is that I play a lot of games in comparison with my friends, so I get use to the controllers faster, and I know how the designers think most of the times, so I am better at the beggining, but just give my friends 2 or 3 weeks with the game and we are all on the same level of skill, the point is that by that time I already finished the game and I am moving to the next one.

I don't play anything as a competition, just to have fun and test new experiences, so I don't stick with the same title for more than a few days, usually the time it takes to see the end credits and collect most of the things, and even doing that I have a backlog staring shamefully at me from the stand were I keep my games

I'm not that good. I can play the hardest difficulty in games but sometimes I struggle a lot and usually go watch guides.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54