By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - If This Keeps Up, Xbox One Has A Big PS4 Problem

cpg716 said:
[NEG]kiliandj said:
Something allot of people keep forgetting thouge is that ALLOT of country's dont have the xb1 yet.
But i highly doubt that that wil get the xb1 in the lead since microseft has said that it wont launch until this holiday season.
And by that time, allot of people who want a 8th gen console wil already have a ps4.

So. Is that how it worked last generation. You know.. when the Wii & PS3 released a FULL year after the X360? How did that work out... Oh yeah.. the PS3 and Wii  ended up selling more consoles then the X360...     ?     

The only thing that has changed is now the PS4 and Wii U have more sales from the start, X1 is outselling Wii U so it can catch up evetually, but its mathmatically impossible for the X1 to pass the PS4 while the PS4 is outselling it.

4 + 4> 1 + 1

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
cpg716 said:
The Xbox One is more then 60% ahead of the X360 during the same period.. This with being a MORE expensive device, and having to go HEAD to HEAD with another console release.. ( Xbox 360, Wii, and PS3 all released a YEAR apart).

I am sorry.. There is NO problem here... besides possibly the Wii U.. but even there I think Nintendo is fine, just won't hit Wii #'s.

So you think XB1 will sell 130m consoles?

I want the X1 to hurry and close the gap so we can have good competition.

Max King of the Wild said:
cpg716 said:
The Xbox One is more then 60% ahead of the X360 during the same period.. This with being a MORE expensive device, and having to go HEAD to HEAD with another console release.. ( Xbox 360, Wii, and PS3 all released a YEAR apart).

I am sorry.. There is NO problem here... besides possibly the Wii U.. but even there I think Nintendo is fine, just won't hit Wii #'s.

It's funny that people keep using these overall numbers, just so they can ignore the declining sales these past few months.  As I pointed out in another thread, the 360 of 2013 has 700K over the One sales for this year, and the 360 for the year only went on to sell 5.8M.  One did have a really good launch, but like the Wii U, things are definitely not well, recently.  MS will soon drop the X% over 360, as the launch 360 will start catching up as the months go on.

thismeintiel said:
Max King of the Wild said:
cpg716 said:

It's funny that people keep using these overall numbers, just so they can ignore the declining sales these past few months.  As I pointed out in another thread, the 360 of 2013 has 700K over the One sales for this year, and the 360 for the year only went on to sell 5.8M.  One did have a really good launch, but like the Wii U, things are definitely not well, recently.  MS will soon drop the X% over 360, as the launch 360 will start catching up as the months go on.

Yup, 60% more than 360 sales is irrelevant because 360 was a long legged build up steam type beast. XB1 was a huge front loaded (like Wii U) with declining sales so far (like Wii U). That 60% lead will vanish quickly in my opinion and I can see the XB1 dropping pretty close to Wii U's base line of last year(maybe not so drastic and only thanks to US). Especially when you consider they have a MUCH MUCH higher price tag, they aren't launched in Japan(even though that wouldn't help MS but it did help Nintendos base line.), they are pretty much rejected in Europe and their biggest game of the forseeable future has already been launched.

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:

A sales gap means there won't be good competition?

I think history has shown MS and Sony are at their best when trailing behind and/or worried about the competition.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Mystro-Sama said:

I think history has shown MS and Sony are at their best when trailing behind and/or worried about the competition.

Nope, large sales gaps lead to decisions like the PS3 and X1 launches.

kupomogli said:

With the huge sales the Xbox One has got, $450 + Titanfall and Forza 5($400 one day due to an error at Amazon,) I'm thinking it's less about how much the Xbox One costs over the PS4 and that more people than we expect are aware of the difference in power. How many 720p/900p on Xbox One stories have popped up, 1080p for PS4 all pointing towards the fact that PS4 is more powerful.

Or it could be other things. Like how support for the 360 practically dropped off after three years, the value of PS+ over XBL, the increase in support of the PS3 to the end of the gen after the first few years, the large amount of Japanese exclusives if they're a fan of those games, or maybe some people purchasing systems their friends are getting and they switched to PS4 because of one of these reasons above.

I had a 360 and I noticed how MS abadoned the console as well. It sucked watch PS3 owners getting two new IPs while the last new IP I got was in 2010 which was awesome loved Alan Wake.

It sucked because I suspected they did the same with the xbox but couldn't remember as I was a PC gamer at the time.

All I want is LOD 2

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Mr Puggsly said:
Mystro-Sama said:

I disagree, I think history has shown that learning from past mistakes is more important then hustling to get ahead.

PS2 got the jump on the competiton, was the most powerful when it released and featured dvd playback an improvment over the paltry media capabilities of the previous system. Nintendo learned from Gamecube that third party success was less important then growing the market place so they tailored their machine to ensure that they could make the games they wanted and gambled on motion controls attempting to make them accessible to everyone and thus attract the casuals. MS learned the importance of being first and of lowering entry price so they peripheralized a lot of their hardware and released a year earlier then the competiton, they also took a page from the ps2's playbook and got the multiplat support it used to get to the top. The PS3 was following the ken kutaragi mindset of make the most powerful console with the most exotic architecture and force developers to focus on Sony. All of that backfired however, and Sony was forced to fund to focus on exclusives. As the market leader, they didn't learn that much because the ken kutaragi model worked for the ps2.

The PS4, XB1, and Wii U are all culminations of everything these companies have learned up to this point.

If anything, the massive debt that Sony has accumulated puts them in a worse position then Microsoft. Clearly, the layoffs and restructing that has been going on since last gen has shown they are serious.

Its naive to think that Sony isn't worried about the competition as they are still feeling the effects of last gen, I doubt they would forget because of a measely 2.8 mil gap.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank