By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Post NPD fallout: The central question imo is if a X1 that was cheaper than PS4 would outsell PS4

kowenicki said:
mutantclown said:
MS would scrap the Xbone a million times before dropping the price to $349 or $300 within the first year or 18 months. Come to think of it, I believe they will scrap it nonetheless.

Based on what?

your hopes?

your dreams?

BS.

They will scrap there most successful console by far...? sure they will.  Genius.

Most Succesful Xbox console by far? OMG, lol you've got to be kidding, hahahaha. Man the cascade of money MS is losing on Xbone right now, omg....

Around the Network
kowenicki said:
Just US presumably?

If they would have launched at the same price then the ONE would be wining. Its obvious.

Jesus, there is only 10% between them in sales in the US, it would easily be ahead.

But they didn't and so this is pointless.

Its not obvious if you don't have a pro MS bias.

Best Case Scenario: At Price Parity w/o Kinect and all DRM forgotten. It would be practically even w/ xb1 winning in exclusive release months and ps4 winning in multiplat release months. Even with Kinect at 400 it would still be pretty even cause of the benifits of plus and the lack of paywall.

You can't just make a claim and deflect all argument by calling it a hypothetical.

Hypothetical arguments happen all the time

Current Scenario: You have a price gap, Negative PR lingering from last year, and a whole lot of favor for the competition, so no saying it is obvious is bullshit.

360 shifted significant US marketshare in its favor, but the largest gap it had was about 7-8 million because it launched a year earlier. 

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Turkish said:

So much salt. You dont need to parrot what a few people already said a day later. There is no spin, I misremembered and someone corrected me and it was over. The fact that you come a day later with such a salty and bitter response blowing this way out of proportion makes me question your intentions. My advice is to stop bothering, stop being paranoid and go back to being silent on the sidelines, I don't want to waste time on silly internet arguments with random dudes I never previously had interactions with.

Many retailers have a Xbone Titanfall bundle for 449, Titanfall is a game bundled with it costing 60 bucks alone, making the console with Kinect effectively 389.

No salt here, just lulz. Feel free to question my intentions, no one needs to bother questioning yours :)

And a $449 console is $449 no matter what values or subtractions anyone wants to make. Which is why they need a real actual price cut to meet/dip below PS4's price.

LordLichtenstein said:

cool graph

LordLichtenstein said:

Excellent, did you make this? Please keep it up

Around the Network
Turkish said:

Excellent, did you make this? Please keep it up

Thanks. Yeah, I have way too much spare time :p

kowenicki said:
Just US presumably?

If they would have launched at the same price then the ONE would be wining. Its obvious.

Jesus, there is only 10% between them in sales in the US, it would easily be ahead.

But they didn't and so this is pointless.

Actually it isn't so "obvious". The Xbone was $450 with a free $60 game bundled. A PS4 with a new game costs $460. If price was the only factor then XBO would have won March's NPD results. The fact that the Xbone didn't even come close should be telling that there are multiple reasons as to why PS4 is ahead. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
Zappykins said:
Fusioncode said:
Zappykins said:
The fact that it is already giving it a tough time is pretty obvious. Microsoft could easily lower the price, but they like playing with their competition.

Like how when Apple was about to go under, and Bill Gates saved them.

Questions for you Zappykins, if Microsoft didn't care about winning March then why did they bundle Titanfall for free? Why did they drop the price to $450 with a free game bundled? How is getting beaten during the month where they launched their BIGGEST exclusive of the year considered "playing with the competition"? Do you honestly believe Microsoft WANTS to lose the US market to Sony? I'm curious about your answers to these questions. 

I think Microsoft knows they have no chance of losing the NA market.  Just a matter of time. But they will lose Sony if it doesn't make enough money to keep it's balance sheet and pay it's debts.

You seem to be mistaken my dear friend, Microsoft has already lost the US market. Not even Titanfall, mass bundling, and a pricedrop managed to win it back for them. If none of those things worked then what could MS possibly do from this point on?  I also noticed you didn't answer any of my questions. 

Nah, there is nothing Microsoft needs to do to Win the US market.  It's already happening. US and Uk are going to Xbox as they did 7th gen.  And funny that the WiiU is spanking the PS4 hard in Japan.

I didn't think your question was serious as nobody who understand gaming would ever think TitanFall it Microsoft exclusive game this year.  It's not even a Microsoft made game nor and Xbox One game, nor even an Xbox exclusive (you can get it on PC) but nice try.

The question will be can Sony stay in the black well enough to keep going.  Will be interesting to see what Amazon does, we know Steam is up to something.  They will put pressure on that company.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

At $350, it would match sales. At $300, it would win NA and UK by a landslide.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Zappykins said:

Nah, there is nothing Microsoft needs to do to Win the US market.  It's already happening. US and Uk are going to Xbox as they did 7th gen.  And funny that the WiiU is spanking the PS4 hard in Japan.

I didn't think your question was serious as nobody who understand gaming would ever think TitanFall it Microsoft exclusive game this year.  It's not even a Microsoft made game nor and Xbox One game, nor even an Xbox exclusive (you can get it on PC) but nice try.

The question will be can Sony stay in the black well enough to keep going.  Will be interesting to see what Amazon does, we know Steam is up to something.  They will put pressure on that company.

Tell me all about how XO is outselling PS4 in US and UK.

Tell me all about how Sony will go bankrupt, when Samsung, LG, and the PS3 failed to do so.

Tell me all about how funny it is that a system that has been out for a year and 6th months (and thus has games catered to the market) is outselling a console that does not.

Tell me all about how an official XO release in more countries is going to close the 3million console gap.

EDIT: Cause Steam is putting more pressure on SOE then MS and Games for Windows

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank