By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Post NPD fallout: The central question imo is if a X1 that was cheaper than PS4 would outsell PS4

BeElite said:
CommonNinja said:

500$ is a lot to most people, and I know people out there who are interested in the Xbox One, but are just waiting for it to get cheaper to buy it.

Who you kidding.

It just was $450 with a game and a years worth of Gold, thats better value then any price cut MS will do for the next 12 months easy.  You got a unofficial 50 cut and $110 worth of stuff.  Thats 160 less then your 500.  What not cheap enought yet. 

A lot of people don't know about that because the stores aren't allowed to advertise the official price online, or in the store even.

Around the Network

The Xbox One was able to be purchased for $450 including Titanfall and Forza 5 for the past month yet it's still been being outsold by the PS4. I really don't think the console would sell better if it was cheaper. Everyone knows the PS4 is more powerful with all the news articles about 900/1080p differences pretty much being advertising for the PS4.

Zappykins said:

I think Microsoft knows they have no chance of losing the NA market.  Just a matter of time. But they will lose Sony if it doesn't make enough money to keep it's balance sheet and pay it's debts.

Sony is selling off most of their toxic assets, they already sold Vaio, they are branching off T.V and they make the majority of their money in insurance. So they can tank PS doing poorly, if it was doing as bad as the Vita its still unlikely Sony would go bankrupt. Especially when, Sony has been on bankrupt watch for the last decade. 

If you think you can wait till Sony goes bankrupt well:

And then there is a very real chance of MS losing the NA market, which playstation had with 2/3 out of 3 of there previous consoles.  The majority of american gamers don't have allegiances to fanbases, they just know what their friends tell them and what the media tells them. So as long as PS4 is officially cheaper, its not a competition. At price parity, XB1 had Kinect but PS4 has the game advantage, and those looking for a gaming console will get the PS4 while those looking for a media box aren't thinking of a console.

Its naive to think that US is MS land, its just that the 360's advantages were very effective in the US. Advantages that the XB1 do not have at all.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Turkish said:

More like 5 hours http://www.engadget.com/2014/03/25/xbox-one-forza-bundle-price-drops-to-399-on-amazon-with-discoun/

And 399 for Titanfall bundle on the MS store http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/microsoft-selling-xbox-titanfall-bundle-399/

Effectively making it 349 solus already

As someone else already corrected you on, these were 30 minute deals and one was a store wide mistake. Yet you try to spin it as the Xbone being $399 for most of March. Yikes. I don't think I've read that much spin since I stumbled upon your Metacritic user review account while reading GAF.

Anyway yeah MS needs a price cut and has needed one for awhile but they seem somewhat content to make more money at the expense of sales. I think an even price with the PS4 would push Xbone well ahead in the US, but WW is another story.

Porcupeth said:
well after a few days the XB1+TF bundle with the same price as gameless PS4 is already being outsold by the gameless PS4 on Amazon UK
so take from that what you will

This is telling.

Same price on Amazon as PS4 + titanfall + kinect last week and this week. Right now the PS4 is still outselling it..... and last weeks sales showed the XBox barely outselling  the PS4...

Seems like the only way it can comfortably outsell the PS4 is by having a lower price + free shit...

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
Turkish said:

More like 5 hours http://www.engadget.com/2014/03/25/xbox-one-forza-bundle-price-drops-to-399-on-amazon-with-discoun/

And 399 for Titanfall bundle on the MS store http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/microsoft-selling-xbox-titanfall-bundle-399/

As someone else already corrected you on, these were 30 minute deals and one was a store wide mistake. Yet you try to spin it as the Xbone being $399 for most of March. Yikes. I don't think I've read that much spin since I stumbled upon your Metacritic user review account while reading GAF.

Anyway yeah MS needs a price cut and has needed one for awhile but they seem somewhat content to ***lose less money per console*** at the expense of sales. I think an even price with the PS4 would push Xbone well ahead in the US, but WW is another story.

Fixed

J_Allard said:
Turkish said:

Anyway yeah MS needs a price cut and has needed one for awhile but they seem somewhat content to make more money at the expense of sales. I think an even price with the PS4 would push Xbone well ahead in the US, but WW is another story.

So much salt. You dont need to parrot what a few people already said a day later. There is no spin, I misremembered and someone corrected me and it was over. The fact that you come a day later with such a salty and bitter response blowing this way out of proportion makes me question your intentions. My advice is to stop bothering, stop being paranoid and go back to being silent on the sidelines, I don't want to waste time on silly internet arguments with random dudes I never previously had interactions with.

Many retailers have a Xbone Titanfall bundle for 449, Titanfall is a game bundled with it costing 60 bucks alone, making the console with Kinect effectively 389.

kowenicki said:
Just US presumably?

If they would have launched at the same price then the ONE would be wining. Its obvious.

Jesus, there is only 10% between them in sales in the US, it would easily be ahead.

But they didn't and so this is pointless.

What ifs don't matter much. By comparison if PS3 launched with the same price as Xbox 360, the 360 wouldn't have made a dent on its sales and the One wouldn't have took off at all. So it goes both ways. But it doesn't matter, cuz it never happened.

kowenicki said:
Ucell said:
kowenicki said:
Just US presumably?

If they would have launched at the same price then the ONE would be wining. Its obvious.

Jesus, there is only 10% between them in sales in the US, it would easily be ahead.

But they didn't and so this is pointless.

What ifs don't matter much. By comparison if PS3 launched with the same price as Xbox 360, the 360 wouldn't have made a dent on its sales and the One wouldn't have took off at all. So it goes both ways. But it doesn't matter, cuz it never happened.

Did you read my last sentence?

Yes I did. But clearly you felt the need to post the rest of it too. I was just countering that part of your argument since you felt the need to post it anyhow.