By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Post NPD fallout: The central question imo is if a X1 that was cheaper than PS4 would outsell PS4

Nate4Drake said:
In the Global there is NO WAY Xbone could outsell PS4. Also, if you drop Kinect, in the end what do you have ?! A weaker piece of hardware without Kinect. How can you compete with PS4 ? With Kinect al least you can say hey 'we have Kinect included', we might spend 100$ more, for the ones interested. Without Kinect ? What do you have ? Why you should buy an Xbone ? I mean, apart from Halo and Forza hot fans. With 360 was different, multiplatform games were better for the majority, it was cheaper, great graphics, and better shooters. Now, also shooters will be better on PS4 (as any other multiplatform game), Call of Duty, Battlefield, Destiny, etc, will be better on PS4.
MS could just cut the price of the whole package, or release the box without Kinect. Whatever you do, they will lose money for a temporary boost, and down again, below PS4. MS did a BIG mistake with this One, most of all considering it is coming after the 'perfect' 360.

A lot of people really believe the Kinect is a tool used to spy on them. I wonder if This belief is even stronger outside the US.

Around the Network
askel50 said:

A $349 SKU will easily outsell PS4 in US and UK and with a good margin. They are already head to head now. That is enough for them I think. And let's be real. The wiiU path is very different, X1 sales were never bad in absolute terms like the wiiU one have been for a long time. They are going to surpass the wiiU later this year despite releasing later.

There head to head only after releasing their biggest game they had this year..otherwise they are FAR behind. 

BeElite said:
VanceIX said:
BeElite said:
VanceIX said:
At $350, it would match sales. At $300, it would win NA and UK by a landslide.

Even at 300 it really wouldnt, it would eak out a win (55%ish) but no landslide ever.

Lack other advantages for a landslide, just look at what it took for 360 to do it.

360 handidly won the US for a while, and has still sold more units in NA and UK than the PS3. If MS cut the One's price by $200, I could see it selling 50% more than the PS4 in NA, easily. 

Alot of people saw X1 winning March ndp and PS4 sales dropping after xmas, then Jan then feb then march and so on and so on. There would be nothing easy about it, just casue you seedoes not make anything about the outcome at all realistic.

360 had a few other thing go right for it X1 does not even if they fixed the price issue and had a sku going for 299.99

PS3 was over priced as fuck, PS4 is not
360 had the better 3rd party games, now its reversed.
360 had more games, now its reversed.
360 was easy to dev on PS3 was a bitch, even this has reversed this gen.
360 had a years head start, X1 does not.
And the biggest was Sony own giant early fuck up, something revresed this gen.

You don't think a $200 price drop would help the Xbox One? They have been relatively close in NA, so a major price drop would easily help push it ahead.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

VanceIX said:

You don't think a $200 price drop would help the Xbox One? They have been relatively close in NA, so a major price drop would easily help push it ahead.

2-1 in jan, and 60k down even with $450 TF bundle and mass marketing is not close in any stretch of the imagination.

BeElite said:
VanceIX said:

2-1 in jan, and 60k down even with $450 TF bundle and mass marketing is not close in any stretch of the imagination.

Price speaks more than any marketing. Sony had a ton of public anger when it came out with the PS3 and was destroyed by the 360 in sales, but after numerous price drops it became competetive in NA. A $150 price drop would make the One the console of choice for 360 owners in NA who have yet to upgrade. And there are a lot more of those than there are PS3 owners in NA.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Around the Network
Fusioncode said:

You keep trying to respond while I keep ignoring you. Not sure what your point is, as I ignore people that ascribe things to people that they didn't say.

But as Sony got caught, one again, lying, this time about the 1080p, maybe you think it's ok. If you bothered to look at the PS4 reviews of Battlefield vs the Xbox One version it's really clear the noisily touted tiny resolution brag doesn't help as it has frame rate issues. They say, much rather have it at 720p and a steady 60 fps like on the Xbox One. Sorry if this bothers you, but that's what they wrote.

The Xbox One is doing great. Sure, would be doing better if it was cheaper, but who really wants cheap when they can have more ways to play.  More ways to interact and play leads to more fun games, and more interesting future.  

If it was a lower price, then it would totally crush what is left of the compeition. But Microsoft needs some competition.  Plus, Nintendo is doing ok. 

TitanFall has done very well for a new company and new Ip.  Not sure why you can't be happy for that. Unless you are worried because some much talent has left Sony gaming lately.  Including the recent exodus of people from Naughtydog.  Even Jack left Sony.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Zappykins said:

But as Sony got caught, one again, lying, this time about the 1080p, maybe you think it's ok.

When? Lie free since Feb 2013. #180 #dealwithit #switch

If you bothered to look at the PS4 reviews of Battlefield vs the Xbox One version it's really clear the noisily touted tiny resolution brag doesn't help as it has frame rate issues. They say, much rather have it at 720p and a steady 60 fps like on the Xbox One. Sorry if this bothers you, but that's what they wrote.

Because one has more reviews then the other.

The Xbox One is doing great. Sure, would be doing better if it was cheaper, but who really wants cheap when they can have more ways to play.  More ways to interact and play leads to more fun games, and more interesting future.  

If it was a lower price, then it would totally crush what is left of the compeition. But Microsoft needs some competition.  Plus, Nintendo is doing ok. 

jenniferlawrence.gif

TitanFall has done very well for a new company and new Ip.  Not sure why you can't be happy for that. Unless you are worried because some much talent has left Sony gaming lately. 

Low blow.

Including the recent exodus of people from Naughtydog. 

Lower Blow.

Even Jack left Sony.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Zappykins said:

You keep trying to respond while I keep ignoring you. Not sure what your point is, as I ignore people that ascribe things to people that they didn't say.

This is what you call ignoring me? Because I see you responding to every single one of my posts. 

But as Sony got caught, one again, lying, this time about the 1080p, maybe you think it's ok. If you bothered to look at the PS4 reviews of Battlefield vs the Xbox One version it's really clear the noisily touted tiny resolution brag doesn't help as it has frame rate issues. They say, much rather have it at 720p and a steady 60 fps like on the Xbox One. Sorry if this bothers you, but that's what they wrote.

Wow Sony "lying" really made you mad. I couldn't imagine how mad you must have felt when you learned Microsoft was selling your personal information. And no BF4 is not steady 60 fps on Xbone, sorry to have to be the one who breaks the bad news.

You can read up on it here: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-battlefield-4-next-gen-face-off

I'll post an excerpt:

For every other sequence, we see a consistent delta of 10fps in the PS4's favour; from the docking of a rainy, battle-torn Singaporean beach to the ripping in half of an airship carrier. At its peak, the PS4 takes up to a 16fps lead also, leaving the Xbox One stuttering along in the face of alpha effects during the Baku mission's towering explosions. Let there be no doubt that the PS4 has a huge advantage in frame-rate and overall smoothness of control, then - just one which doesn't satisfactorily translate to the multiplayer side.

Regardless, a clear-as-day recommendation still goes to the PS4 version, and while there are glitches on both consoles that need to be addressed, the embracing of seamless, behind-the-scenes updates should at least ease some of Battlefield 4's growing pains.

Yeah I'm loving all those great Kinect games like Fighter Within. 

Once again you're ignoring the fact that it WAS cheaper. It was $450 with a $60 game bundled. The PS4 costs $460 if you want to buy it with a new game. Even with a price advantage the Xbone didn't even come close to beating the PS4 in sales. Ignore facts all you want but that doesn't make them go away. 

TitanFall has done very well for a new company and new Ip.  Not sure why you can't be happy for that. Unless you are worried because some much talent has left Sony gaming lately.  Including the recent exodus of people from Naughtydog.  Even Jack left Sony.

I'm happy for Titanfall, it's a fun game and I'm really enjoying it. You see, I don't let petty console wars ruin my enjoyment of gaming. I'm not sure why you take so much joy from people leaving Sony, it's strange. Maybe one day you'll realize that people losing their jobs is more important than a silly console war. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Zappykins said:

No its not doing great by any stretch of anyones imagination.  And the MAJORITY want cheaper, im guessing your insuniating kintx is the other ways to play.  A $100 price add on that after 6 months on the market has one game to play, a mediocre one at that.

Some reailty for you, 2014 numers are

PS4 2.5 million
X1 1.1Mill
Wiiu 526K

PS4 is smashing them both put together, only one whos sales can be defined as great are PS4s.  How in the hell can you say its doing great when it direct competition is doing more then double its sales in the same time frame.   And doing it with no games as i hear often. 

But Yahh who wants a superior product at a lesser price, clearly not customers lol. 

Ps4 out sold wiiu 5-1, you see that as Ninty doing Ok.... wtf.