By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One Version of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Game Canceled or Delayed? Completely Axed from Official Site

These sort of games are often developed by less skilled developers, smaller companies etc. They probably sell to a younger audience (poor fit for xbone), they might sell well in Europe compared to US and Japan (absolutely tiny market share of xbone's in mainland Europe). May be the developers had only achieved a 720p resolution on xbone and Microsoft insisted on more.

Lots of possible reasons but ultimately no great loss.

I was expecting the xbox one to start slipping back at some point with regard publisher confidence. Microsoft are probably still under huge pressure for another price drop. I honestly believe the xbone will be easily available sub £300 this christmas or alternatively the xbone will become utterly irrelevant in Europe.

Around the Network

What is with Activision? They always have something with superhero games.. It reminds me of that day when those Marvel games including Deadpool got deleted off of Steam. They're so bold and don't even make a proper announcement about these things.

These mods are like nazis, damn it you can't even joke anymore. Lots of unneccesary bannings.

~HAIL HYDRA~

-Smeags

I don't think this would make much of a difference. But the fact that 360 makes it and not XBone leaves so many questions.

Strangest news I've heard all day. I guess technical reasons held it back, maybe the team couldn't get the XBO version finished in time.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

Oh boy... What a huge loss!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

walsufnir said:
Wow, that's a big miss for the bone, for sure. It's movie adaptations that make a difference in console wars, for sure
Let's call it eye for an eye - Xbone got Titanfall, PS4 gets Amazing Spiderman 2

Still wondering what happened to the port... They are suspiciously silent about the reasons for the delay.

It won't make difference, but probably won't be bad. The Amazing Spider-man was a pretty good game, nice open world design, good controls, good history. Don't bash the game just because of the OP.

Darn, I was so looking forward to dropping my hard earned money on a spiderman game.......... pffff I can't even say it with a straight face lmao.

kowenicki said:
pezus said:

This seemed to be missing from the OP:

Update: MCVUK got official word from Activision, confirming that the Xbox One version has either been delayed indefinitely or canceled outright:

We want to inform you that we are revising our release plans for ASM2 on Xbox One. When and whether ASM2 is released on Xbox One is TBD

thats in the OP... in your excitement you obviously missed it.

sad how the bans in this thread are for calling out trolling. Yet stuff like this is looked over.

@Op Amazing spiderman is sony's bread and butter and i feel like they probably had some say in this. Plus Sony is marketing their products with both spiderman and the new michael jackson album so good luck for them with that!!!

bonzobanana said:
These sort of games are often developed by less skilled developers, smaller companies etc. They probably sell to a younger audience (poor fit for xbone), they might sell well in Europe compared to US and Japan (absolutely tiny market share of xbone's in mainland Europe). May be the developers had only achieved a 720p resolution on xbone and Microsoft insisted on more.

Lots of possible reasons but ultimately no great loss.

I was expecting the xbox one to start slipping back at some point with regard publisher confidence. Microsoft are probably still under huge pressure for another price drop. I honestly believe the xbone will be easily available sub £300 this christmas or alternatively the xbone will become utterly irrelevant in Europe.

Yea I expect more price drops before this year is over as well. I think MS might hold out until after the next holiday season though before they make any changes I'm expecting a kinect less version as well. Though that could be stopped if what I read was true and that is that MS signed contracts requiring them to keep the kinect included. Which I think is entirely possible. Would be a huge mistake there are a lot of people who believe you are being watched and dont trust it.