By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One Version of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Game Canceled or Delayed? Completely Axed from Official Site

NYCrysis said:
kowenicki said:
pezus said:

This seemed to be missing from the OP:

Update: MCVUK got official word from Activision, confirming that the Xbox One version has either been delayed indefinitely or canceled outright:

We want to inform you that we are revising our release plans for ASM2 on Xbox One. When and whether ASM2 is released on Xbox One is TBD

thats in the OP... in your excitement you obviously missed it.

sad how the bans in this thread are for calling out trolling. Yet stuff like this is looked over.

@Op Amazing spiderman is sony's bread and butter and i feel like they probably had some say in this. Plus Sony is marketing their products with both spiderman and the new michael jackson album so good luck for them with that!!!

How is that even ban worthy?

Around the Network
NYCrysis said:
kowenicki said:
pezus said:

Update: MCVUK got official word from Activision, confirming that the Xbox One version has either been delayed indefinitely or canceled outright:

We want to inform you that we are revising our release plans for ASM2 on Xbox One. When and whether ASM2 is released on Xbox One is TBD

sad how the bans in this thread are for calling out trolling. Yet stuff like this is looked over.

@Op Amazing spiderman is sony's bread and butter and i feel like they probably had some say in this. Plus Sony is marketing their products with both spiderman and the new michael jackson album so good luck for them with that!!!

that makes no sense, since this game is coming to TWO Ninty platforms, MS' own 360 and not even Sony's Vita. It is clearly an Xone issue

bonzobanana said:
These sort of games are often developed by less skilled developers, smaller companies etc. They probably sell to a younger audience (poor fit for xbone), they might sell well in Europe compared to US and Japan (absolutely tiny market share of xbone's in mainland Europe). May be the developers had only achieved a 720p resolution on xbone and Microsoft insisted on more.

Lots of possible reasons but ultimately no great loss.

I was expecting the xbox one to start slipping back at some point with regard publisher confidence. Microsoft are probably still under huge pressure for another price drop. I honestly believe the xbone will be easily available sub £300 this christmas or alternatively the xbone will become utterly irrelevant in Europe.

Considering how many pre-pubescent voices told me they wanted to bang my mom and that I was a bundle of sticks the handful of times I played Ghosts on my buddy's XBone, I wouldn't say that a younger audience is a poor fit for the XBone.

kowenicki said:
pezus said:

Ironic. Maybe you need to look again...

The update is there... ?

The update is there, however the official statement is not included. Pezus included the official statement from Activision.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
NYCrysis said:
kowenicki said:
pezus said:

that makes no sense, since this game is coming to TWO Ninty platforms, MS' own 360 and not even Sony's Vita. It is clearly an Xone issue

explain injustice not being on xbone as well while on all other platforms. Also like most movie tieins this prob doesnt require much effort to make nor are they graphical monsters so idk. Or activision didnt think its worth the roi on the xbone version but again wii u

NYCrysis said:
oniyide said:
NYCrysis said:
kowenicki said:
pezus said:

explain injustice not being on xbone as well while on all other platforms. Also like most movie tieins this prob doesnt require much effort to make nor are they graphical monsters so idk. Or activision didnt think its worth the roi on the xbone version but again wii u

I dont know talk to the WB, LOL. WHat does that have to do with anything? Injustice is DC/WB Spidey Sony/Activison. They are not even the same company at all. All Im saying it has nothing to do with Sony.

Surprised this got much attention. Its a meh game movie tie-in. We'll live.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Good news in my book movie games always suck major balls anyway.

It's significant in that not releasing a game for a platform originally announced as supported is very negative even if behind the scenes the real reason is perhaps some issue between Activision and Microsoft.

It's a low key title but if this happens with any major title it would be a serious blow and even for this title its a minor blow.