By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One Version of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Game Canceled or Delayed? Completely Axed from Official Site

naruball said:

Yeah, not really, dude. This was an obvious case of sarcasm that you failed to notice. That's all.

"Wow, that's a big miss for the bone, for sure."

It's not a big game. Movie tie in games don't sell well. The last one didn't sell well either. It's also a multiplat.

"It's movie adaptations that make a difference in console wars, for sure "

Again, they don't sell well and no one says, "yeah I bought a ps3 for Kung Fu Panda  2"

"Let's call it eye for an eye - Xbone got Titanfall, PS4 gets Amazing Spiderman 2 "

How can you  not see that this is sarcasm? Titanfall is a huge exclusive everyone has been talking about since it was announced and i doubt there's been more than a single thread about Spiderman 2.

Kresnik already warned once.

Kresnik said:

Enough.  Thread has been successfully derailed, so you guys can stop now. 

This is a second warning. 

There will not be a 3rd.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network
Turkish said:
I thought the DX21 or whatev it was called was supposed to make things better?

Not sure what DX12 has to do with the possible release of a game which also releases on 360?

WiiStation360 said:
I would assume Sony had the rights to merchandising for the film, since it is made by Sony pictures.

The Wii U is still getting a port though

Current consoles: Wii U, Gaming PC

Add me on Wii U! Adamjh99

Add me on Steam! GamingByAdam

This seems odd lol

This reminds me that i noticed the other day that "bound by flame" is coming to ps3, ps4 an 360, but not X1.

I wonder if the fact that the system only penetrated one market is starting to have repercussions.

Around the Network

Nice maybe they could now axe it from every other plataform as well and spare us another crappy Move tie in videogame.

This turned into a mess a lot faster than I would have thought. I count shots fired from all three sides.

The person who said the XO version might be trying to used Kinect might be on to something. Microsoft could have pushed for that, though I doubt they wanted it enough to accept a delay. That's really the only reason I can think of, unless they decided based solely on installed base. I mean, that would be fair, but I doubt a Wii U version would out-sell an XO version.

walsufnir said:
Wow, that's a big miss for the bone, for sure. It's movie adaptations that make a difference in console wars, for sure
Let's call it eye for an eye - Xbone got Titanfall, PS4 gets Amazing Spiderman 2

Still wondering what happened to the port... They are suspiciously silent about the reasons for the delay.

lol why are you attacking ps4??!?

moderated Kasz216

pokoko said:
This turned into a mess a lot faster than I would have thought. I count shots fired from all three sides.

The person who said the XO version might be trying to used Kinect might be on to something. Microsoft could have pushed for that, though I doubt they wanted it enough to accept a delay. That's really the only reason I can think of, unless they decided based solely on installed base. I mean, that would be fair, but I doubt a Wii U version would out-sell an XO version.

I think Pezus is right, they just couldn't finish the Xbox One version in-time and I think maybe it will mean that it won't even release at all since it only makes sense to release these games with the movie and not half an year later. Well, that's what I believe, don't really know how these games sell months after the movie released.

If it would be a "normal" game they would simply release it on every platform little bit later but they can't really do it with a game based on a movie which is in the cinema right now.

The Xbox One port is being replaced by an Ouya port

Jk plz don't ban me

Current consoles: Wii U, Gaming PC

Add me on Wii U! Adamjh99

Add me on Steam! GamingByAdam