By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox One Version of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Game Canceled or Delayed? Completely Axed from Official Site

walsufnir said:
DerNebel said:
I'd really like to know what the reason for that was, not that this is really going to matter to many people, but I assume there could be an interesting story behind this.

Perhaps technical difficulties. I don't know if MS can actively prevent games for being published on their system. If they were not happy with the version I can see them preventing the title. Otherwise I don't see any reason (well, despite of Amazing Spiderman 2 being from Sony Pictures but I doubt that's the reason).

Yeah, I highly doubt that Sony pictures would prevent the game from releasing on the X1. If it really was for technical reasons then that would only be more food for the whole resolutiongate thing.

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
walsufnir said:
BMaker11 said:
walsufnir said:
Wow, that's a big miss for the bone, for sure. It's movie adaptations that make a difference in console wars, for sure
Let's call it eye for an eye - Xbone got Titanfall, PS4 gets Amazing Spiderman 2

Still wondering what happened to the port... They are suspiciously silent about the reasons for the delay.

This has to be the biggest "no reason" damage control ever. It's not like Second Son didn't just come out. And it's not like people are ever gonna say "You having a tough time choosing between PS4 and XBone? Well, PS4 has Amazing Spiderman 2 so you should definitely drop top dollar to get that game"....not to mention the game is on PS3, 360, WiiU, 3DS, and PC....

Sarcasm detection fail I even used smilies... *sigh*

http://www.dailystrength.org/health_blogs/cyndi/article/the-anatomy-of-sarcasm-is-it-real-humor-or-just-someones-defense-mechanism

I know what sarcasm is, and I know the different means by which it is implemented, depending on the situation. And your post falls under the ".....when they are called out about it, will typically defend themselves by saying, “I was just kidding.” Somehow this “just kidding” remark is designed to soften the blow to the target of the joke, but isn't it really just an attempt to get the jokester off the hook?"

Yeah, not really, dude. This was an obvious case of sarcasm that you failed to notice. That's all.

"Wow, that's a big miss for the bone, for sure."

It's not a big game. Movie tie in games don't sell well. The last one didn't sell well either. It's also a multiplat.

"It's movie adaptations that make a difference in console wars, for sure "

Again, they don't sell well and no one says, "yeah I bought a ps3 for Kung Fu Panda  2"

"Let's call it eye for an eye - Xbone got Titanfall, PS4 gets Amazing Spiderman 2 "

How can you  not see that this is sarcasm? Titanfall is a huge exclusive everyone has been talking about since it was announced and i doubt there's been more than a single thread about Spiderman 2.

ToxicJosh said:
A brief message to Xbox fans from Nintendo fans:
----
Dear Xbox fans,

Don't worry, delays and cancellations suck, but we know what you're going through. At least you can always fall back on your quality first party titles like....

OK, that's embarrassing. I hear the sports is good? Watch some sports.

Kind Regards,
Nintendo Fans

this was actually funny. 

OT i was thinking maybe its strictly a Europe thing, just checked Amazon US site and its still available for preorder but i checked Activision's own site and Xbone is in fact not listed as one of the platforms. Very odd. I was going to say maybe they are having issues with the ONE but ive never heard of such a thing before.

They could always do a later port ala Vita/Wii U version of Amazing 1

I'm so glad i have a PS4, because now i can make it a deliberate decision not to buy this game.

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Around the Network

I thought the DX21 or whatev it was called was supposed to make things better?

Fuck..... NOOOOO!!!!

The game I wanted the most on Xbone. Fuck this, Xbone is getting returned first thing in the AM.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Turkish said:

Enlighten us about the true reason for the delay - it seems you know more details than we do.

Turkish said:

Isn't DX12 scheduled for late 2015?

naruball said:
BMaker11 said:
walsufnir said:
BMaker11 said:
walsufnir said:
Wow, that's a big miss for the bone, for sure. It's movie adaptations that make a difference in console wars, for sure
Let's call it eye for an eye - Xbone got Titanfall, PS4 gets Amazing Spiderman 2

Still wondering what happened to the port... They are suspiciously silent about the reasons for the delay.

This has to be the biggest "no reason" damage control ever. It's not like Second Son didn't just come out. And it's not like people are ever gonna say "You having a tough time choosing between PS4 and XBone? Well, PS4 has Amazing Spiderman 2 so you should definitely drop top dollar to get that game"....not to mention the game is on PS3, 360, WiiU, 3DS, and PC....

Sarcasm detection fail I even used smilies... *sigh*

http://www.dailystrength.org/health_blogs/cyndi/article/the-anatomy-of-sarcasm-is-it-real-humor-or-just-someones-defense-mechanism

I know what sarcasm is, and I know the different means by which it is implemented, depending on the situation. And your post falls under the ".....when they are called out about it, will typically defend themselves by saying, “I was just kidding.” Somehow this “just kidding” remark is designed to soften the blow to the target of the joke, but isn't it really just an attempt to get the jokester off the hook?"

Yeah, not really, dude. This was an obvious case of sarcasm that you failed to notice. That's all.

"Wow, that's a big miss for the bone, for sure."

It's not a big game. Movie tie in games don't sell well. The last one didn't sell well either. It's also a multiplat.

"It's movie adaptations that make a difference in console wars, for sure "

Again, they don't sell well and no one says, "yeah I bought a ps3 for Kung Fu Panda  2"

"Let's call it eye for an eye - Xbone got Titanfall, PS4 gets Amazing Spiderman 2 "

How can you  not see that this is sarcasm? Titanfall is a huge exclusive everyone has been talking about since it was announced and i doubt there's been more than a single thread about Spiderman 2.

He tried to make this news a PS4 vs XBone thing....for no reason. Other than to make the XBone look good by any means. This game is on PS4, PS3, Xbox 360, WiiU, 3DS, and PC, but he sarcastically said (there is such a thing as being defensive with sarcasm, hence the article I posted) "PS4 got Spiderman, XBone got TF". If you take this news as a potshot to the PS4 (even though the game is on various platforms) and big up the Xbone, then it's damage control. Sarcastic or not, that's what it's called when you spin news in order to somehow make something look positive when something negative (albeit, minor in this case) happens to it.

Now, as Kresnik said, leave it alone. It's derailing the thread.