By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - While Sony Celebrates 'Infamous' Sales, Microsoft/EA Still Quiet About 'Titanfall'

You cannot compare the sale of TF and ISS. TF is basically free with the bundle and already in discount...

Around the Network
DareDareCaro said:
You cannot compare the sale of TF and ISS. TF is basically free with the bundle and already in discount...

and here is the kicker, there is a surplus of those titanfall bundles.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
DareDareCaro said:

Considering that an X1 without Titanfall has an RRP of £500 and if you get it with titanfall it can be gotten for what was it... £340? Titanfall is not free, it costs -£160 to get it with the console.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Fei-Hung said:

I thought it would be obvious. Infamous a game made by a studio of no more than 80-90 people with a small marketing campaign sold at full price and no discount, managed to not only shift consoles but sell a million plus units of the game at full price z

Titanfall probably put together by a much larger team, with a much larger budget, and a marketing budget that dwarfs infamous only sold a little more, where most copies were given away from free (MS probably ate up the losses by forking up the cost), and drop the price of their console between £20-70 just to keep up with their competitor.

A million plus units at £50-60 with team of 90 and tiny marketing budget has probably made profit than a game which sold 1.5 million where many copies were given free and the console also took a hit in profits due to price cut.

1. Respawn is a very small studio as well.

2. I don't see the point in saying most copies of Titanfall were given away "free", when that "free" copy was attached to a $450 console. Not to mention the fact that Titanfall has sold over 1.2 million copies at retail since launch according to this site. So you're saying over 600k of those were Xbox One bundles? Do you have any links to back that up? Especially since this site also has the Xbone selling under 400k since Titanfall launched. The math just doesn't add up.

3. How would profits for EA be affected? Whether they sell a game at retail or are reimbursed for a copy sold by MS in the bundle, they are reimbursed. There are also other factors to consider. How much did MS pay for the game not to show up on Sony platforms? How much of the marketing cost did MS foot the bill for?

In the end what does any of this matter? Why is the writer expecting Microsoft to talk about Titanfall sales? Maybe I should submit a blog post to Forbes asking why Take Two hasn't chimed in with up to date Titanfall sales. Also, why hasn't Sony provided Galaxy S5 sales numbers? These are questions we need answers to.

ganoncrotch said:

Considering that an X1 without Titanfall has an RRP of £500 and if you get it with titanfall it can be gotten for what was it... £340? Titanfall is not free, it costs -£160 to get it with the console.

This is lying.

Xbox One launched here at £429, with the official pricecut taking it down to £399 w/ Titanfall...

Around the Network

Microsoft needed to bundle it for free. Ofcourse EA isn't happy in those matters. On the other hand, they got the necessary foundations to release a successfull sequel to the game. So they're both happy, MS sold Xboxes EA will probably do a ton of money with a sequel.

J_Allard said:

2. I don't see the point in saying most copies of Titanfall were given away "free", when that "free" copy was attached to a $450 console. Not to mention the fact that Titanfall has sold over 1.2 million copies at retail since launch according to this site. So you're saying over 600k of those were Xbox One bundles? Do you have any links to back that up? Especially since this site also has the Xbone selling under 400k since Titanfall launched. The math just doesn't add up.

3. How would profits for EA be affected? Whether they sell a game at retail or are reimbursed for a copy sold by MS in the bundle, they are reimbursed. There are also other factors to consider. How much did MS pay for the game not to show up on Sony platforms? How much of the marketing cost did MS foot the bill for?

In the end what does any of this matter? Why is the writer expecting Microsoft to talk about Titanfall sales? Maybe I should submit a blog post to Forbes asking why Take Two hasn't chimed in with up to date Titanfall sales. Also, why hasn't Sony provided Galaxy S5 sales numbers? These are questions we need answers to.

I actually don't think MS paid that much to get TF exclusive. The history is that EA decided that X1 would outsell PS4 by a long margin and bet on it. Probably MS didn't had to make a very good paycheck and just got the costs of bundling and extra marketing.

Anyway, there is no mistery about TF sales, we know how much it sold and VGC probably isn't that much out of track, so it outsold InFamous. People could argue that TF should outsell SS for a long margin since it is the hot new shooter and InFamous never was that much of a seller, but in the end with their current install bases and lack of games, any exclusive will sell a lot on both platforms.

Carl2291 said:
ganoncrotch said:

This is lying.

Xbox One launched here at £429, with the official pricecut taking it down to £399 w/ Titanfall...

Xbox One Titanfall bundle has been 349 on Amazon.UK the last 2 days now:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/videogames/ref=sv_vg_h__12

Carl2291 said:
BreedinBull said:

What's up with the interrogation of the OP? Your two posts to him literally sounds like something straight off of certain preferers of one of the systems discusseed here keyboards.

Excuse me?

I want him to show proof of his claim. I fail to see how this is any kind of "interrogation".

Well you're free to be excused at anytime you please. And your first couple posts were asking him for links to predictions as if 1. you were somehow nowhere near these forums when people were praising titanfall as the second coming or 2. you do not know how to find information yourself and feeling entitled to him searching for these information for you. Your next is asking him to PM you these links again acting as if you are entitled to him providing you with evidence similar to a post a preferrer of one of the consoles mentioned would type and finally asking what the topic at hand here is as if the OP used some secret code in his typing.

Thanks jlmurph!

BreedinBull said:
Carl2291 said:
BreedinBull said:

What's up with the interrogation of the OP? Your two posts to him literally sounds like something straight off of certain preferers of one of the systems discusseed here keyboards.

Excuse me?

I want him to show proof of his claim. I fail to see how this is any kind of "interrogation".

Well you're free to be excused at anytime you please. And your first couple posts were asking him for links to predictions as if 1. you were somehow nowhere near these forums when people were praising titanfall as the second coming or 2. you do not know how to find information yourself and feeling entitled to him searching for these information for you. Your next is asking him to PM you these links again acting as if you are entitled to him providing you with evidence similar to a post a preferrer of one of the consoles mentioned would type and finally asking what the topic at hand here is as if the OP used some secret code in his typing.

When people make claims they should be able to back them up. Nothing wrong with that, and I would love for more mods to chime in asking for the information in the future.