By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - While Sony Celebrates 'Infamous' Sales, Microsoft/EA Still Quiet About 'Titanfall'

alabtrosMyster said:

It all goes with the expectations that both titles had, Titanfall was supposed to be the game changer for the XB1, the saviour of the platform, the return of Jesus, the best game of all time for everyone on earth, MS expected to see a millionn xb1 per month after its release, etc.

Obviously if did not meet the overblown expectations, however it did pretty well and it seems that its got a good group of players who like it... still, it has weaknesses in therms of content (not that many maps, and about half of them are apparently not very interesting, the quest is lacking, more so than the CoD games, which is saying something).

On the other hand Infamous:SS had pretty low expectations I think, at least other than going head to head with Titanfall, I don't think Sony pushed it nearly as hard as MS/EA pushed for their product... and yet, they sold comparatively! it shows that the platform is healty, people are responding to whats offered on it, so yeah, I would be happy (despite the midium review scores)!

@Bolded:  Exactly who's expectation was Titanfall being the game changer for the XB1.  I hear this statement a lot but I believe the expectations from X1 fans and PS fans is totally different from MS and EA.  The reason i say this si because of the limited scope of Titanfall.

First and foremost its a MP only game, its a FPS and its install base is on multiple systems.  Just on those limitations alone, Titanfall was never going to be the saviour or anything close.  What Titanfall is a AAA game within the beginning of the X1 release where MS and EA can get decent sales and also be a system seller.  

The unrealistic opinions that Titanfall will suddenly make the X1 sell 500K each month at its current price point was never going to happen but its one of many pieces needed for the console to sell successfully.

As for SS, why would anyone believe it had low expectations when the series has consistently sold over 2 mill.  Being the only real game for the PS4 in March and also being exlcusive and high quality I highly doubt that low sales were expected for the game.  Sony has advertise, videos and demos of the game before release, its been on forums and talked about next to Titanfall as the games to get at this.  Because some people thought the expectations was low does not mean thats is the reality.

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
jlmurph2 said:

Tell me, what were their expectations on a 4 million install base? Because either way EA made a ton of money since its well known that they didn't give Respawn shit for resources (reason for no single player). They were doing nothing but setting a base in the beginning of a generation like COD 2 did and plan to blow up when the install bases are larger. EA does not brag like Sony does for every time they sell a million of something. They sit back and collect.

Wow...Ok.

Don't confuse EA for MS. I'm sure they didn't want to sell only a 4 million install base when there is a 6 million install base on the other side, but they had already taken MS money. I'm sure they are more concerned with how TF did on PC and how it will do on the 360. If they can outsell Ghosts on the 360 it will be a win for them.

@Italics: That's quite the speculation, surely you have a link for this common knowledge. I mean its not like EA is publishing the...oh wait never mind.

Fact is EA knows how much they lost, and there is no benefit for them to have been "exclusive" to Xb1, is more of Respawn's choice since they wanted to make a game for a single platform first. Why in the hell would EA care about selling XB1s when there are 86+ million that they could've sold to as well? They can't even compete with COD with this model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tboNpO0_2QU @2:15

jlmurph2 said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
jlmurph2 said:

Tell me, what were their expectations on a 4 million install base? Because either way EA made a ton of money since its well known that they didn't give Respawn shit for resources (reason for no single player). They were doing nothing but setting a base in the beginning of a generation like COD 2 did and plan to blow up when the install bases are larger. EA does not brag like Sony does for every time they sell a million of something. They sit back and collect.

Wow...Ok.

Don't confuse EA for MS. I'm sure they didn't want to sell only a 4 million install base when there is a 6 million install base on the other side, but they had already taken MS money. I'm sure they are more concerned with how TF did on PC and how it will do on the 360. If they can outsell Ghosts on the 360 it will be a win for them.

@Italics: That's quite the speculation, surely you have a link for this common knowledge. I mean its not like EA is publishing the...oh wait never mind.

Fact is EA knows how much they lost, and there is no benefit for them to have been "exclusive" to Xb1, is more of Respawn's choice since they wanted to make a game for a single platform first. Why in the hell would EA care about selling XB1s when there are 86+ million that they could've sold to as well? They can't even compete with COD with this model.

Are you sure that video is relevant? the comment I was replying to was concerning the allegation that EA doesn't like to brag (but they love to crack jokes at Nintendo), and Sony does. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that EA is a multiplat and burning bridges with the market leader by bragging about the sales you got on the competiting platform is insanity?

Clearly,that's not best for business.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
jlmurph2 said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Wow...Ok.

Are you sure that video is relevant? the comment I was replying to was concerning the allegation that EA doesn't like to brag (but they love to crack jokes at Nintendo), and Sony does. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that EA is a multiplat and burning bridges with the market leader by bragging about the sales you got on the competiting platform is insanity?

You asked for a link on EA not giving Respawn much resources. I gave you that link.

Not sure what you mean about "crack jokes at Nintendo" since that wasn't EA, it was Frostbite. EA had to apologize FOR Frostbite because they are under EA. But yes, EA doesn't brag about every million sold like Sony does for every single thing. Has nothing to do with burning bridges, we'll know Titanfall numbers when the quarterly earnings come out or when Titanfall becomes the best selling Xbox One game. Whichever comes first.

jlmurph2 said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
jlmurph2 said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Wow...Ok.

You asked for a link on EA not giving Respawn much resources. I gave you that link.

Not sure what you mean about "crack jokes at Nintendo" since that wasn't EA, it was Frostbite. EA had to apologize FOR Frostbite because they are under EA. But yes, EA doesn't brag about every million sold like Sony does for every single thing. Has nothing to do with burning bridges, we'll know Titanfall numbers when the quarterly earnings come out or when Titanfall becomes the best selling Xbox One game. Whichever comes first.

EA owns Frostbite, so they are responsible for it. If they can't control their studios thats their problem. Furthermore, their are multiple statements by EA of not supporting the Wii U, that's burning bridges, cutting ties, refusing to support them, etc... The only reason EA will keep the sales numbers to the investors is because bragging about TitanFall wouldn't be positive PR. Sony celebrating their sales is positive PR, and considering their finacial state, being downgraded to junk status or w.e being vocal about sales is an appeal to investors as well. I understand that it might be annoying for you because Microsoft has nothing to say about their Xbox 1 bundles, cause its not like the people who bought TF bundles actually bought the game, so MS knows exactly how many consoles they have sold. Where are the statistics about X1 XBL users? But your going have to deal with and vent your frustations some other way, maybe by playing Titanfall or something :|

You don't have to like Sony, but don't act like the reason EA hasn't made an announcement is because they don't like to brag. EA is a company they will do whatever is good for the bottom line, clearly bragging would antagonize Sony (The Market Leader) which is insane. Sony on the other hand loses nothing by letting MS know they are getting beat. That's the difference, you can stop with the bs claims now. MS might not be able to talk about TitanFall sales but how exactly is that keeping them from talking about the consoles they have sold. Maybe if MS actually had games for studios they owned they could have more bragging rights, but sounds like your just salty.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

I seriously hope this was said but MS allready stated that this is EA and EA's numbers to announce.

My take is that they want to see the 360 version have a month to themselves and announce total numbers across all 3 systems.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Carl2291 said:
ganoncrotch said:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/11/titanfall-xbox-one-bundle-discounted-even-further-to-340-in-the-uk-via-promotional-code/

Was looking for the link for this but yeah it's 10 pounds less with some voucher.

So £339 with Titanfall... Or £379 without Titanfall

UK Retail gone crazy.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1989522/c_1/1|category_root|Video+games|14419738/c_2/3|19780877|Xbox+One|37328270/c_3/4|cat_37328270|Xbox+One+consoles|37328802.htm#sohdr3

Offer just got better here, Now if you get the Console with Titanfall argos are offering Kinect sports Rivals for free too or another controller, still for the same 470 that the standard console with no games costs. Those 2 games are 110euros if bought seperately too so like... you're basically just paying 360euros for the X1 unit itself.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive