By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - While Sony Celebrates 'Infamous' Sales, Microsoft/EA Still Quiet About 'Titanfall'

4k1x3r said:

Not sell to 75% of the of the owners but push hardware really hard, and longer than a month. And also probably sell like COD in the early days. But who knows.

What's "CoD in the early days"?

If you mean CoD2, which launched with the 360, Titanfall is well on its way to dwarfing that games 1.9 million lifetime sales. It's already at 1.25 and that doesn't include what are likely great digital sales numbers.

If you mean CoD4 "early days", when CoD4 launched it had a userbase of almost 13,000,000 360 owners and 6,000,000 PS3 owners to sell to. Titanfall on the other hand was selling to an Xbone userbase of less than 4 million.

And how can we know what hardware Titanfall is pushing? Since the game launched, the lowest week of tracked Xbone sales are still higher than anything we saw this year with the exception of the very first week of 2014. Sounds like it pushed a good amount of hardware. And that doesn't take into account people who bought the console before the game launched in preparation. If Titanfall were on Sony platforms, I'd own a PS4 right now and not an Xbone.

Idk if you own the game or not, but it's strange how on this forum and some others, the people who don't own the game and don't intend on playing it, are the ones who expected it to do the best. I mean it seems like selling to anything less than 75% of the userbase on day one would not be good enough. The game is phenomenal and is selling great, nothing else should matter.

Around the Network
Mr Puggsly said:

Uhhhh... I'm not talking about MS or games they have developed. Sounds like you threw me a canned response.

Boasting about Titanfall numbers would be pointless, it'll only get a negative spin by internet folk. Respawn can't even boast about it being the best selling game in the series for obvious reasons.

EA doesn't do much boasting about BF sales and that series is huge. Why? CoD.

Not when its about FPS or beating the god of gaming (GTA V)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-27-battlefield-3-ships-10-million-copies

It was either in response to GTA V sales or Ghosts sales I think it was GTAV.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Mr Puggsly said:

Uhhhh... I'm not talking about MS or games they have developed. Sounds like you threw me a canned response.

Boasting about Titanfall numbers would be pointless, it'll only get a negative spin by internet folk. Respawn can't even boast about it being the best selling game in the series for obvious reasons.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-27-battlefield-3-ships-10-million-copies

Sure, an article from 2011 in response to GTA V and Ghosts lol

jlmurph2 said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I meant BF4 but I couldn't find the link. They definetly said something about its shipped numbers though.

Point is EA is definetly Vocal when it comes to FPS

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Its pretty obvious why EA hasn't said anything, they have different goals mainly to beat COD which they've been trying to do with every single one of their FPSes.
They don't give as many Fucks as MS does when it comes to selling X1s.

Also, DR3 was published by MS right? Or was it Capcom? Cause they MS didn't release the sales number but they did brag about how many zombies were killed. They could easily have said something about Titanfalls or something.

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Mr Puggsly said:

LOL took the words right out of my mouth.

Also, seems kind of silly to point to a quote from an investors call as some sort of gloating or something. If anything, that just proves everyones point who is arguing EA is typically quiet about those sales. It's an investors call. And it's a shipped number anyway.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
jlmurph2 said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

I meant BF4 but I couldn't find the link. They definetly said something about its shipped numbers though.

If you can't find the link, then how did they definitely say something about it? Wouldn't it be on gaming sites too?

Maybe you're thinking of quarterly earning reports or NPD where EA games were the highest selling on 8th gen. EA isn't vocal dude and you kinda proved yourself wrong with that super old link.

jlmurph2 said:

If you can't find the link, then how did they definitely say something about it? Wouldn't it be on gaming sites too?

Maybe you're thinking of quarterly earning reports or NPD where EA games were the highest selling on 8th gen. EA isn't vocal dude and you kinda proved yourself wrong with that super old link.

Just because their audience is investors, doesn't mean that they aren't vocal. It just means that they are vocal towards their investors. Which makes sense considering their multiplat status. HOWEVER, positive PR is a luxury, Econ 101 will teach that most companies will never pass up an oppurtunity for good press so with that it mind, this game did not meet their expectations, if it did they would say something about it, that's what's best for buisness.

Even if it exceeded MS expectations at least in XB1 bundles, EA gives no fucks about it.

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
jlmurph2 said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Just because their audience is investors, doesn't mean that they aren't vocal. It just means that they are vocal towards their investors. Which makes sense considering their multiplat status. HOWEVER, positive PR is a luxury, Econ 101 will teach that most companies will never pass up an oppurtunity for good press so with that it mind, this game did not meet their expectations, if it did they would say something about it, that's what's best for buisness.

Even if it exceeded MS expectations at least in XB1 bundles, EA gives no fucks about it.

Tell me, what were their expectations on a 4 million install base? Because either way EA made a ton of money since its well known that they didn't give Respawn shit for resources (reason for no single player). They were doing nothing but setting a base in the beginning of a generation like COD 2 did and plan to blow up when the install bases are larger. EA does not brag like Sony does for every time they sell a million of something. They sit back and collect.

Because selling like a million on a console isn't much to brag about as long as there weren't previous games in the franchise which did worse.

That's probably what EA thought. Microsoft is simply not responsible to post numbers of other companies.