By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - While Sony Celebrates 'Infamous' Sales, Microsoft/EA Still Quiet About 'Titanfall'

It's not like the numbers won't be released in the near future; at bare minimum for the EA quarterly report.

But it's safe to say that while the numbers have been good, they are probably not quite in line with prior expectations for a game that was supposed to carry the XBO as a reason for buying/upgrading given the amount of marketing and PR that went behind pushing TF as the next big thing.

Around the Network
cpg716 said:
Fei-Hung said:
I thought it would be obvious. Infamous a game made by a studio of no more than 80-90 people with a small marketing campaign sold at full price and no discount, managed to not only shift consoles but still a million plus units of the game at full price z

Titanfall probably put together by a much larger team, with a much larger budget, and a marketing budget that dwarfs infamous only sold a little more, where most copies were given away from free (MS probably ate up the losses by forking up the cost), and speed the price of their console between £20-70 just to keep up with their competitor. 

ReSpawn has around 75 employees.  

Thanks for the laugh 

sully1311 said:
MaulerX said:
sully1311 said:
MaulerX said:

I don't see how Amazon charts (at least in the US) mean anything. They were (and are) selling the Titanfall bundle at the full $500 price while Walmart, Bestbuy etc... had it for $450

Who would buy it on Amazon? Heck, even Target has the bundle now with 1 year gold for free.

You're wrong. Amazon is selling it for 450 since the others have too.

I'm I missing something?  http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Console-Titanfall-Bundle/dp/B00IIHU44E/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1397390442&sr=8-2&keywords=xbox+one

Where on Amazon do you see it for $450? Unless you're talking about third party sellers which aren't really sold by Amazon.

Like with other retailers, you have to go through to checkout to get the $50 off. Try it.

Ahhh.... You're right. However,  Walmart advertises a lower price and shows you the price when the item is on your cart: http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?ic=16_0&Find=Find&search_query=xbox+one&Find=Find&search_constraint=0

Amazon doesn't advertise any lower price and does not show you the lower price in the cart, only when going thru checkout (which I presume most people won't do since they assume the full $500 price shown in the cart).

Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I don't know why you're comparing an action game with a shooter. 

When the action game sells better than the shooter, its fair to compare.

When the shooter sells better than the action game, the shooter is still a failure compared to CoD.

These are the rules.

No. Still doesn't make any sense and MS has nothing to brag about right now because they havent made or published any major games of note on par with Infamous.

4k1x3r said:

Ohhhhh come on now this is getting ridiculous, with the marketing camapaign behind it, you'd be sure EA or Ms would brag if it had crossed 1m within 24h which it didn't. Or even 2M within a week. They're fucked now, whetaver they'll announce below 2M will sound pale compared to I:SS which wasn't supposed to compete vs Titanfall for many people. The supposedly true next gen experience (Berfore anyone starts crying, I have it on PC, but it's nothing Next Gen worthy, the X360 version pretty much confirms it) fucking failed big times. The game is good, fucking good, but it wasn't what they were expecting it to be.

Never hype it beyong what it is.

And uh, maybe a "fucking good" game is exactly what they thought it would be? Or maybe you're right and they somehow believed a new IP would sell to 75% of Xbone owners or something.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

When the shooter sells better than the action game, the shooter is still a failure compared to CoD.

These are the rules.

No. Still doesn't make any sense and MS has nothing to brag about right now because they havent made or published any major games of note on par with Infamous.

Uhhhh... I'm not talking about MS or games they have developed. Sounds like you threw me a canned response.

Boasting about Titanfall numbers would be pointless, it'll only get a negative spin by internet folk. Respawn can't even boast about it being the best selling game in the series for obvious reasons.

EA doesn't do much boasting about BF sales and that series is huge. Why? CoD.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

These are the rules.

Uhhhh... I'm not talking about MS or games they have developed. Sounds like you threw me a canned response.

Boasting about Titanfall numbers would be pointless, it'll only get a negative spin by internet folk. Respawn can't even boast about it being the best selling game in the series for obvious reasons.

They might be bragging...I dunno, because maybe Bobby Kotick has been doing it to them for about a decade now? This is why publishing a Respawn game was such a big thing for them. Not only that Microsoft had to jump on the bandwagon as well because they were in with the COD crew with activision. They know the main devs are worth their weight in gold when it comes to developing top tier shooters that everyone can play. EA has had very little to boast about these days since most of their sports games suck and they block off competition when they whip their ass. (::Cough::2k::Cough::)

EA is quiet, not MS. MS have said it's EA's news to give not theirs.

To insinuate Titanfall hasn't done well is just silly.

J_Allard said:
4k1x3r said:

Ohhhhh come on now this is getting ridiculous, with the marketing camapaign behind it, you'd be sure EA or Ms would brag if it had crossed 1m within 24h which it didn't. Or even 2M within a week. They're fucked now, whatever they'll announce below 2M will sound pale compared to I:SS which wasn't supposed to compete vs Titanfall for many people. The supposedly true next gen experience (Berfore anyone starts crying, I have it on PC, but it's nothing Next Gen worthy, the X360 version pretty much confirms it) fucking failed big times. The game is good, fucking good, but it wasn't what they were expecting it to be.

Never hype it beyond what it is.

And uh, maybe a "fucking good" game is exactly what they thought it would be? Or maybe you're right and they somehow believed a new IP would sell to 75% of Xbone owners or something.

Not sell to 75% of the of the owners but push hardware really hard, and longer than a month. And also probably sell like COD in the early days. But who knows.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Mr Puggsly said:

They might be bragging...I dunno, because maybe Bobby Kotick has been doing it to them for about a decade now? This is why publishing a Respawn game was such a big thing for them. Not only that Microsoft had to jump on the bandwagon as well because they were in with the COD crew with activision. They know the main devs are worth their weight in gold when it comes to developing top tier shooters that everyone can play. EA has had very little to boast about these days since most of their sports games suck and they block off competition when they whip their ass. (::Cough::2k::Cough::)

You ever stay on topic?

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)