By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - While Sony Celebrates 'Infamous' Sales, Microsoft/EA Still Quiet About 'Titanfall'

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Its not Microsofts place to brag about the sales of a game they didn't make, but are passing off as their own. Thats a lot of games, especially when they aren't even the publisher. Sony actually makes their games so they have the right to brag. MS funded killer instinct so they actually said they were happy with the games sales but did not disclose the sales. This is a Sony vs EA argument, and Microsoft has nothing to do with it. Secondly, I don't know why you're comparing an action game with a shooter. 

True.

Around the Network

They're waiting for the X360 release maybe? That way they can obscure the X1 sales with 360 sales, like they always like to do.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
They're waiting for the X360 release maybe? That way they can obscure the X1 sales with 360 sales, like they always like to do.

They do that with NPD and Quarterly earnings. Neither of which involve 360 Titanfall. 

Carl2291 said:
Somini said:

A link? What do you mean? We've had multiple threads by multiple users predicting not only the game to do gangbusters, but the Xbone as well. If i begin posting links, this topic would turn into a mud slinging topic about how this and that user predicted or said this/that instead of a real discussion on the topic at hand.

Then PM me links to these threads. I want to know how far people were off of the ~1.45 Million units in 3 Weeks total that we have now.

And what exactly is the topic at hand here? All I could get from the OP was that a Forbes contributer is confused because nobody is bragging about Titanfall numbers.

I can find you the link if you like (i posted in the thread so it'll be somewhere in my history :p), but an analyst predicted TF would sell 2.5 million by the end of march, and a considerable number of people agreed. We had one user say he expected 3 million.

Even if the 360 version had launched the same day as the X1/PC version, it still likley wouldn't have hit that.

If you take this PS4/X1 comparison out of the equation, and even if you disregard the entire article and the argument over who should announce sales numbers, it is still very obvious that XOne and Titanfall are heavily underperforming.
Underperfoming Microsoft's expectation for sure, since we can see price drops being announced at an almost daily basis. Price drops are certainly indicative of an excess of stock retailers are holding right now.
Now, had it been only one retailer, big or small, there could have been an argument that the retailer overreached on their predictions and ordered many more bundles than needed.
But, seeing that all retailers are slashing prices heavily, it is obvious that in this case Microsoft overpromised and underdelivered with this Titanfall bundle.

So, it's irrelevant how many units were sold, it's certainly pointless to compare those sales to Infamous, the only relevance is that Titanfall (and especially the TF console bundle) sold well below Microsoft's expectations.
And while Titanfall's sales can by no means be called bad (they are actually excellent for a brand new IP, regardless of the marketing), they can certainly be called disappointing.

Around the Network
cpg716 said:
Uabit said:
Infamous on ps4 sold more units than Titanfall on X1 and nearly as much as Titanfall on pc + X1 + X360, what are they going to say?

According to who?  If we are to believe this website..   TitanFall on Xbox One ALONE has sold about 300k MORE then Infamous Second Son..     This is WITH being available on PC and Xbox 360..   ALSO with having only 4 million consoles sold vs 6.5 million PS4's..         and being in 13 markets vs 60 markets.. (since this goes for games also..  since someone who lives in a non-Xbox One market would buy this on X360 most liekly)...

So.. again I ask..   what are you talking about?

That's not entirely the whole truth. If you follow the link you can see that Titanfall (XB1) is number 2 in the nordic charts which include Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland and Iceland... Xbox One isn't (officially) released in any of these countries.

http://angi-nordic.com/portfolio/nordic-charts-week-11-2014/

has anyone noticed titanfall is £39.99 and was lower at one point

why so cheap

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

MaulerX said:

I don't see how Amazon charts (at least in the US) mean anything. They were (and are) selling the Titanfall bundle at the full $500 price while Walmart, Bestbuy etc... had it for $450

Who would buy it on Amazon? Heck, even Target has the bundle now with 1 year gold for free.

You're wrong. Amazon is selling it for 450 since the others have too.

jlmurph2 said:
Since when does EA talk about their game sales besides on their quarterly earnings reports? And MS doesn't have the numbers so you'll have to wait for EA.

Very very rarely: http://investor.ea.com/releasedetail.cfm?ReleaseID=619404 Only one I could find in the last few years.

That is because Titanfall disappoints.