By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - While Sony Celebrates 'Infamous' Sales, Microsoft/EA Still Quiet About 'Titanfall'

DerNebel said:
jlmurph2 said:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=181696&page=1#

Numbers don't lie. EA doesn't need to brag. Titanfall XB1 has a constant high while inFamous drops like a rock.

UK is the world now? Also don't act as if those Titanfall X1 numbers have nothing to do with the Titanfall bundle being literally the cheapest option for a PS4/X1 right now in the UK. And the Infamous drop is entirely normal.

UK is a good mirror of how US will be. Those two made up 78% of Titanfall Xbox One sales. 

Also from April 5th, while since Titanfalls release there's been 55k Xbox Ones sold in UK. With around 70% of those sales being Titanfall bundles that makes about 38k of the 194k Titanfall's sales be from bundles. Even without the bundles it has sold much more than inFamous in UK. 

So using that excuse is pretty useless.

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:

Numbers don't lie. EA doesn't need to brag. Titanfall XB1 has a constant high while inFamous drops like a rock.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the XB1 Titanfall bundled with almost all new XB1 console purchases? If so then that would explain why it holds constant week after week.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
jlmurph2 said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the XB1 Titanfall bundled with almost all new XB1 console purchases? If so then that would explain why it holds constant week after week.

No, not every purchase, about 70%. So around 38k as of April 5th

jlmurph2 said:
Euphoria14 said:
jlmurph2 said:

No, not every purchase, about 70%. So around 38k as of April 5th

Alright, so that would explain why inFAMOUS drops and Titanfall holds.

Thanks for the quick reply, I appreciate it.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
jlmurph2 said:

Not every but a lot. And why not? Why not buy a console to the same price or lower than the one without a game? It's a price decision as well as it is to favor PS4 over Xbone which is a great point why PS4 sells more like Xbone.

Bundles always make a good decision point for games selling a lot, look at Gran Turismo 5.

Around the Network

I would Imagine that they will release some sales info this week now that the 360 version is out.

......Maby they just don't wan't to admit that it hasn't passes up Cod Ghost Lifetime sales??  Not that it matters, Titanfall has done great for a new IP, probabally the 2nd or 3rd best selling X1 game right now, and will probabally take the crown in a couple months time.

Journos can be fanboys too.

jlmurph2 said:
DerNebel said:
jlmurph2 said:

UK is the world now? Also don't act as if those Titanfall X1 numbers have nothing to do with the Titanfall bundle being literally the cheapest option for a PS4/X1 right now in the UK. And the Infamous drop is entirely normal.

UK is a good mirror of how US will be. Those two made up 78% of Titanfall Xbox One sales. 

Also from April 5th, while since Titanfalls release there's been 55k Xbox Ones sold in UK. With around 70% of those sales being Titanfall bundles that makes about 38k of the 194k Titanfall's sales be from bundles. Even without the bundles it has sold much more than inFamous in UK. 

So using that excuse is pretty useless.

I used this "excuse" to explain why Titanfall holds while Infamous "drops like a rock" as you said, not to explain why Titanfall outsold Infamous, and for that it is an absolutely valid explanation. I was pretty sure Titanfall would outsell Infamous in the UK from the beginning.

My post was primarily a reaction to your "Infamous drops like a rock" comment, Infamous doesn't drop like a rock, it drops normally, while Titanfall holds in large because its bundle is the cheapest X1/PS4 option around in the UK at the moment.

DerNebel said:

I used this "excuse" to explain why Titanfall holds while Infamous "drops like a rock" as you said, not to explain why Titanfall outsold Infamous, and for that it is an absolutely valid explanation. I was pretty sure Titanfall would outsell Infamous in the UK from the beginning.

My post was primarily a reaction to your "Infamous drops like a rock" comment, Infamous doesn't drop like a rock, it drops normally, while Titanfall holds in large because its bundle is the cheapest X1/PS4 option around in the UK at the moment.

Plus with Titanfall Bundle being £30-£50 cheaper than standard SKU and same price as PS4 Solus from Friday at some retailers, I bet the percentage of TF bundles out of all X1 consoles was closer to 90% than 70.

pffrrt.. it's EA... they probably are counting the numbers of discs leaving the factory manually with a clicker

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)