By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - While Sony Celebrates 'Infamous' Sales, Microsoft/EA Still Quiet About 'Titanfall'

alabtrosMyster said:

It all goes with the expectations that both titles had, Titanfall was supposed to be the game changer for the XB1, the saviour of the platform, the return of Jesus, the best game of all time for everyone on earth, MS expected to see a millionn xb1 per month after its release, etc.

Obviously if did not meet the overblown expectations, however it did pretty well and it seems that its got a good group of players who like it... still, it has weaknesses in therms of content (not that many maps, and about half of them are apparently not very interesting, the quest is lacking, more so than the CoD games, which is saying something).

On the other hand Infamous:SS had pretty low expectations I think, at least other than going head to head with Titanfall, I don't think Sony pushed it nearly as hard as MS/EA pushed for their product... and yet, they sold comparatively! it shows that the platform is healty, people are responding to whats offered on it, so yeah, I would be happy (despite the midium review scores)!

Do you have links to where EA and Microsoft stated those expectations?

15 Maps is "not that many maps"?

I guess you've never played the game so your just spewing out some narrow minded opinion of crap you've read?

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
DareDareCaro said:
You cannot compare the sale of TF and ISS. TF is basically free with the bundle and already in discount...

This leaves out many discussions of future games that are going to be bundled as hell. Say, for example, a next-gen Gran Turismo.

Sony would never bundle GT for free. That is the difference, if they did a bundle, you'd still have to pay for the game. MS threw in Titanfall completely for free and then followed that with price cuts which no doubt inflated it's numbers.

sony had infamous bundles as well but it qasn't for free. For example, while a regular PS4 may cost 400, the bundle would cost 460, so you still paid for the game.

Goatseye said:
People talk about 6 million install base like that means anything.
80 million user install base didn't make most software sales over 5 million.
Look at KZ: Shadowfall. Since it's launch it sits at 1.6 2.1+ million sold. Titanfall is at 1.25 after 3 weeks.
And I will bet you that Titanfall will pass it by E3 (I'm placing a safe bet).

Fixed.

sully1311 said:
Goatseye said:
Look at KZ: Shadowfall. Since it's launch it sits at 1.6 million sold. Titanfall is at 1.25 after 3 weeks.

UnFixed.

You have to show some source to counter, boy. VGC has it at 1.58.

Goatseye said:
sully1311 said:
Goatseye said:
Look at KZ: Shadowfall. Since it's launch it sits at 1.6 million sold. Titanfall is at 1.25 after 3 weeks.

UnFixed.

You have to show some source to counter, boy. VGC has it at 1.58.

Didn't feel I needed to. Thought it was well known:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/01/29/killzone-shadow-fall-sells-21-million-copies

Around the Network
sully1311 said:

Didn't feel I needed to. Thought it was well known:

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/01/29/killzone-shadow-fall-sells-21-million-copies

Cool

Angelus said:
MS isn't going to give any Titanfall numbers period, Phil has already stated more than once that they don't have the sales figures. It's EA's place to do so, and they're probably waiting until their upcoming investor call to do so

MS has the sales figues of the numbers on the xbox systems anyway, they know exactly the number... because they have to, they get a cut on each unit sold! and with the cross promotions they do for this game, they must be on daily or at least weekly tracking meetings with EA/Respawn on this very topic, I seriously doubt they are hands off on what was potentially their most important game release of the recent years.

haahahah just no its sold 400k more than infamous and thats not including digital sales 

pezus said:

Titanfall is selling pretty much 1:1 to bundles now (the cheapest way to get X1, and it seems to be available pretty much everywhere). 

TF bundles are not globally available.

alabtrosMyster said:
Angelus said:
MS isn't going to give any Titanfall numbers period, Phil has already stated more than once that they don't have the sales figures. It's EA's place to do so, and they're probably waiting until their upcoming investor call to do so

MS has the sales figues of the numbers on the xbox systems anyway, they know exactly the number... because they have to, they get a cut on each unit sold! and with the cross promotions they do for this game, they must be on daily or at least weekly tracking meetings with EA/Respawn on this very topic, I seriously doubt they are hands off on what was potentially their most important game release of the recent years.

They could have a palantir showing them every single Titanfall sale in the world and have up to the second 100% accurate stats and that still would not make it their place to reveal them to the public.