By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - While Sony Celebrates 'Infamous' Sales, Microsoft/EA Still Quiet About 'Titanfall'

sully1311 said:
DerNebel said:
jlmurph2 said:

UK is a good mirror of how US will be. Those two made up 78% of Titanfall Xbox One sales. 

Also from April 5th, while since Titanfalls release there's been 55k Xbox Ones sold in UK. With around 70% of those sales being Titanfall bundles that makes about 38k of the 194k Titanfall's sales be from bundles. Even without the bundles it has sold much more than inFamous in UK. 

So using that excuse is pretty useless.

I used this "excuse" to explain why Titanfall holds while Infamous "drops like a rock" as you said, not to explain why Titanfall outsold Infamous, and for that it is an absolutely valid explanation. I was pretty sure Titanfall would outsell Infamous in the UK from the beginning.

My post was primarily a reaction to your "Infamous drops like a rock" comment, Infamous doesn't drop like a rock, it drops normally, while Titanfall holds in large because its bundle is the cheapest X1/PS4 option around in the UK at the moment.

Plus with Titanfall Bundle being £30-£40 cheaper than standard SKU and same price as PS4 Solus from Friday at some retailers, I bet the percentage of TF bundles out of all X1 consoles was closer to 90% than 70.

Possibly, I honestly can't imagine that the UK sells many non Titanfall bundles at the moment there's just no reason to get one over a Titanfall bundle.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:

I used this "excuse" to explain why Titanfall holds while Infamous "drops like a rock" as you said, not to explain why Titanfall outsold Infamous, and for that it is an absolutely valid explanation. I was pretty sure Titanfall would outsell Infamous in the UK from the beginning.

My post was primarily a reaction to your "Infamous drops like a rock" comment, Infamous doesn't drop like a rock, it drops normally, while Titanfall holds in large because its bundle is the cheapest X1/PS4 option around in the UK at the moment.

Oh, I mistook when you said "Those Titanfall numbers" as Titanfall's numbers as a whole. Titanfall's numbers on X1 this week are probably around 11k with XB1 itself probably around 7-8k

walsufnir said:
Euphoria14 said:
jlmurph2 said:
http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=181696&page=1#

Numbers don't lie. EA doesn't need to brag. Titanfall XB1 has a constant high while inFamous drops like a rock.

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the XB1 Titanfall bundled with almost all new XB1 console purchases? If so then that would explain why it holds constant week after week.

Not every but a lot. And why not? Why not buy a console to the same price or lower than the one without a game? It's a price decision as well as it is to favor PS4 over Xbone which is a great point why PS4 sells more like Xbone.

Bundles always make a good decision point for games selling a lot, look at Gran Turismo 5.

I don't think buying a console with a game is bad at all, I was just saying that it is likely the reason why Titanfall holds well week after week while inFAMOUS drops. inFAMOUS isn't as heavily bundled as Titanfall.

His initial comment was that EA doesn't need to brag since Titanfall holds while inFAMOUS drops like a rock. There is a clear cut reason why that is.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

jlmurph2 said:

Oh, I mistook when you said "Those Titanfall numbers" as Titanfall's numbers as a whole. Titanfall's numbers on X1 this week are probably around 11k with XB1 itself probably around 7-8k

XB1 might/should have a boost. Titanfall bundle could be found for £349 at 3 major retailers from Friday. (Chart-Track count until Saturday Midnight)

GOTG baby.

Around the Network
4k1x3r said:

That's the point dude... they were hoping that TF would increase the userbase like crazy, which it didn't.

We have 3 weeks worth of sales data. And it has already had an effect on userbase. In those 3 weeks it's only 100k less than what it sold an entire 6 weeks before its release. That will be an increase in the hundreds of thousands. And of course that doesn't take into account people like myself, one of my siblings, and a couple of my friends, who bought the console early this year because we knew the game was coming. Or people who bought it early to get into the beta. The week over week sales saw double digit increase the week the closed beta came out, stayed even the week it was open to everyone, then dropped off for the next two weeks before the game launched. It has clearly had a big impact on sales.

Did it meet EA's expectations? We wouldn't have the foggiest idea. Did it meet the entirely out of whack sales expectations some here were putting on it? Obviously not.

jlmurph2 said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
jlmurph2 said:

If you can't find the link, then how did they definitely say something about it? Wouldn't it be on gaming sites too?

Maybe you're thinking of quarterly earning reports or NPD where EA games were the highest selling on 8th gen. EA isn't vocal dude and you kinda proved yourself wrong with that super old link.

Just because their audience is investors, doesn't mean that they aren't vocal. It just means that they are vocal towards their investors. Which makes sense considering their multiplat status. HOWEVER, positive PR is a luxury, Econ 101 will teach that most companies will never pass up an oppurtunity for good press so with that it mind, this game did not meet their expectations, if it did they would say something about it, that's what's best for buisness.

Even if it exceeded MS expectations at least in XB1 bundles, EA gives no fucks about it.

Tell me, what were their expectations on a 4 million install base? Because either way EA made a ton of money since its well known that they didn't give Respawn shit for resources (reason for no single player). They were doing nothing but setting a base in the beginning of a generation like COD 2 did and plan to blow up when the install bases are larger. EA does not brag like Sony does for every time they sell a million of something. They sit back and collect.

Wow...Ok.

Don't confuse EA for MS. I'm sure they didn't want to sell only a 4 million install base when there is a 6 million install base on the other side, but they had already taken MS money. I'm sure they are more concerned with how TF did on PC and how it will do on the 360. If they can outsell Ghosts on the 360 it will be a win for them.

@Italics: That's quite the speculation, surely you have a link for this common knowledge. I mean its not like EA is publishing the...oh wait never mind.

Fact is EA knows how much they lost, and there is no benefit for them to have been "exclusive" to Xb1, is more of Respawn's choice since they wanted to make a game for a single platform first. Why in the hell would EA care about selling XB1s when there are 86+ million that they could've sold to as well? They can't even compete with COD with this model.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

1- EA dosen´t disclaime their DD Origin numbers.

2- Microsof also dosen´t disclaime their DD sales.

3- The Xone bundle adds a complication to the numbers.

This is just how those company work. I don´t remember MS saing Halo Reach or Halo 4 reached 10mi each, or Halo ODST reaching 5mi. Microsoft has always been vage about their software sales.

There is nothing out off ordinary in that situation. Sony has been vocal to every single PS4 milestone since last year "1 million pre-orders".

People talk about 6 million install base like that means anything.
80 million user install base didn't make most software sales over 5 million.
Look at KZ: Shadowfall. Since it's launch it sits at 1.6 million sold. Titanfall is at 1.25 after 3 weeks.
And I will bet you that Titanfall will pass it by E3 (I'm placing a safe bet).

It all goes with the expectations that both titles had, Titanfall was supposed to be the game changer for the XB1, the saviour of the platform, the return of Jesus, the best game of all time for everyone on earth, MS expected to see a millionn xb1 per month after its release, etc.

Obviously if did not meet the overblown expectations, however it did pretty well and it seems that its got a good group of players who like it... still, it has weaknesses in therms of content (not that many maps, and about half of them are apparently not very interesting, the quest is lacking, more so than the CoD games, which is saying something).

On the other hand Infamous:SS had pretty low expectations I think, at least other than going head to head with Titanfall, I don't think Sony pushed it nearly as hard as MS/EA pushed for their product... and yet, they sold comparatively! it shows that the platform is healty, people are responding to whats offered on it, so yeah, I would be happy (despite the midium review scores)!