By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - While Sony Celebrates 'Infamous' Sales, Microsoft/EA Still Quiet About 'Titanfall'

cpg716 said:
Fei-Hung said:
I thought it would be obvious. Infamous a game made by a studio of no more than 80-90 people with a small marketing campaign sold at full price and no discount, managed to not only shift consoles but still a million plus units of the game at full price z

Titanfall probably put together by a much larger team, with a much larger budget, and a marketing budget that dwarfs infamous only sold a little more, where most copies were given away from free (MS probably ate up the losses by forking up the cost), and speed the price of their console between £20-70 just to keep up with their competitor. 

ReSpawn has around 75 employees.  

You are right but I'm sure the pc, xone and 360 teams put together equal to more than 75 people.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Somini said:

I'm having my doubts about Titanfall's performance across all platforms though, while surely not terribe. They're a far cry from what most thought it would sell, pre release. 

Do you have any links to these predictions and expectations, Somini?

Angelus said:
MS isn't going to give any Titanfall numbers period, Phil has already stated more than once that they don't have the sales figures. It's EA's place to do so, and they're probably waiting until their upcoming investor call to do so

Yep

A link? What do you mean? We've had multiple threads by multiple users predicting not only the game to do gangbusters, but the Xbone as well. If i begin posting links, this topic would turn into a mud slinging topic about how this and that user predicted or said this/that instead of a real discussion on the topic at hand.

Uabit said:
Infamous on ps4 sold more units than Titanfall on X1 and nearly as much as Titanfall on pc + X1 + X360, what are they going to say?

According to who?  If we are to believe this website..   TitanFall on Xbox One ALONE has sold about 300k MORE then Infamous Second Son..     This is WITH being available on PC and Xbox 360..   ALSO with having only 4 million consoles sold vs 6.5 million PS4's..         and being in 13 markets vs 60 markets.. (since this goes for games also..  since someone who lives in a non-Xbox One market would buy this on X360 most liekly)...

So.. again I ask..   what are you talking about?

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

dreamcast210 said:
Wait until Microsoft has their quarterly earnings report. That's when you'll hear numbers.

Erm... that might be... but EA is the publisher, not microsoft. All that will show up on MS's reports is the money they forked for the exclusive.

So... those numbers are more likely to show up on EA's report.

Somini said:

A link? What do you mean? We've had multiple threads by multiple users predicting not only the game to do gangbusters, but the Xbone as well. If i begin posting links, this topic would turn into a mud slinging topic about how this and that user predicted or said this/that instead of a real discussion on the topic at hand.

Then PM me links to these threads. I want to know how far people were off of the ~1.45 Million units in 3 Weeks total that we have now.

And what exactly is the topic at hand here? All I could get from the OP was that a Forbes contributer is confused because nobody is bragging about Titanfall numbers.

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Somini said:

Then PM me links to these threads. I want to know how far people were off of the ~1.45 Million units in 3 Weeks total that we have now.

And what exactly is the topic at hand here? All I could get from the OP was that a Forbes contributer is confused because nobody is bragging about Titanfall numbers.

What's up with the interrogation of the OP? Your two posts to him literally sounds like something straight off of certain preferers of one of the systems discusseed here keyboards.

Thanks jlmurph!

I don't think it is about the amount sold for MS as much as it is about profit made in the long term. In sure the strategy wouldn't have been a short term one as it wouldn't make sense.

If they took on heavy losses for paying for exclusivity, cost of giving the game away for free, cost of paying for the marketing, cost of hit they took on for dropping the console price, the question becomes what numbers does Microsoft need to ship and at what cost to make this venture successful

Careful, if you post visual evidence the thread might get locked.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

Phil Spencer has said numerous times that he has no rights to release info on third party games like titanfall.

Even then can we please shutup about the infamous and titanfall debates. They obviosuly both did well and according to VGC TF has done better so far. Whether that is facts or not it at least shows it has done well. now it is time to move on instead of beating this thing over and over again.

BreedinBull said:

What's up with the interrogation of the OP? Your two posts to him literally sounds like something straight off of certain preferers of one of the systems discusseed here keyboards.

Excuse me?

I want him to show proof of his claim. I fail to see how this is any kind of "interrogation".