By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - when will Wii U pass 7m?

?

End of April (really?) 23 2.58%

End of May 61 6.83%

End of June 171 19.15%

End of July 133 14.89%

End of August 141 15.79%

End of September 99 11.09%

End of October 58 6.49%

End of November 43 4.82%

End of December 78 8.73%

Later 86 9.63%

Total:893

7 million by december, of 2015. Just kidding, I picked end of july. I think it will do that.

Around the Network

Wii U need mario kart, than I think a few month

Zelda - Breath of the Wild for Nintendo Switch.... Incredable!!!

Taking into account both MK and other games boosts and Summer slump, I'd say by the end of September.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

No way mk8 will shift a mill in one month thats crazy. Maybe one million software but not hardware. So I would say end of august.

End of July. Hopefully 8 mill by the end of the year, but probably not unless Zelda comes out.

Around the Network

You can see the seasonal pattern of hardware sales. May is actually the lowest month, possibly the worst possible time to launch a game but I think as you can see you shouldn't use current figures to predict sales figures for later in the year. It will start to recover in September and those November and December spikes are huge. So far 2014 is pretty evenly matching 2013, just a tiny bit below.

There are 40-50 million console and handheld sales up for grabs worldwide from here to the new year. Obviously that includes 3DS, Vita, PSP, wii, wii u, 360, xbone, ps4 and ps3, Many of those formats are merely ticking over and running down. PS4 and 3DS are huge formats that will take a huge share. The rest are somewhere in the middle.

People here are outside of the reality thinking Wii U will only reach 8M this year

With Mario Kart + maybe SSB + nintendo christmas, the console will reach 10M by the end of december

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Barely doing 160k a month now.. NO POSSIBLE way it is getting 7 million before August. I don't care what games are coming out. May-July are slow months for console sales and 2014 console sales are lagging behind previous years by a bit.

Most likely by Oct/November

XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

cpg716 said:
Barely doing 160k a month now.. NO POSSIBLE way it is getting 7 million before August. I don't care what games are coming out. May-July are slow months for console sales and 2014 console sales are lagging behind previous years by a bit.

Most likely by Oct/November

You have a good point... @Bolded Wii U did that in Q1 2013... 160k in 3 months!

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

RolStoppable said:
Early October. A 40,000 average over the course of 25 weeks.

MK8 alone will give it 500k sales right up front, early on, I'm calling that. Could even go 1 million in the first month, who knows? There's 6 million Wii U owners right now, and there's a lot of hype for this game. A LOT.

That said, it all depends on how Nintendo plays their cards from here on out. If they can get more games out at a steadier pace, if they actually ADVERTISE MK8 and SB and other games, if they really promote the shit out of it more, and do the obvious MK8 bundle, or even do a holiday deal where if you buy an MK8 bundle you can also get SB for discount or something.....who knows. The point is, IF they played their cards right, I could easily see it topping 8 mil. but the end of 2014. But that all depends on how they handle things post MK8.