By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - when will Wii U pass 7m?

?

End of April (really?) 23 2.58%

End of May 61 6.83%

End of June 171 19.15%

End of July 133 14.89%

End of August 141 15.79%

End of September 99 11.09%

End of October 58 6.49%

End of November 43 4.82%

End of December 78 8.73%

Later 86 9.63%

Total:893

considering it averages around 200k a month and MK8 is at the nd of next month... I say start of August

Around the Network
Aerys said:
People here are outside of the reality thinking Wii U will only reach 8M this year

With Mario Kart + maybe SSB + nintendo christmas, the console will reach 10M by the end of december

its been on the market for 17months and just hit 6m. I dont care what games are coming out. they will not cause 100% increase YoY in the last 8months

July or August is my guess.

DevilRising said:

MK8 alone will give it 500k sales right up front, early on, I'm calling that. Could even go 1 million in the first month, who knows? There's 6 million Wii U owners right now, and there's a lot of hype for this game. A LOT.

That said, it all depends on how Nintendo plays their cards from here on out. If they can get more games out at a steadier pace, if they actually ADVERTISE MK8 and SB and other games, if they really promote the shit out of it more, and do the obvious MK8 bundle, or even do a holiday deal where if you buy an MK8 bundle you can also get SB for discount or something.....who knows. The point is, IF they played their cards right, I could easily see it topping 8 mil. but the end of 2014. But that all depends on how they handle things post MK8.

Not sure if I heard right, but it sounds like you're saying the Wii U will sell 500k consoles the week Mario Kart 8 releases. That's crazy! As is 1 million Wii U's sold in one month! If you truely believe in what you're saying, then how about a friendly bet? You can choose whether the terms are 500k first week or 1 million first month after MK8 releases, and the stakes will be 1 month avatar control!

Max King of the Wild said:
Aerys said:
People here are outside of the reality thinking Wii U will only reach 8M this year

With Mario Kart + maybe SSB + nintendo christmas, the console will reach 10M by the end of december

its been on the market for 17months and just hit 6m. I dont care what games are coming out. they will not cause 100% increase YoY in the last 8months

It sold 3.25 million in 2013, to reach 10 million it needs a total of 4.5 million this year which would be about 38% up YOY. Also there are 9 months left since we only have data thru April 5.

In the first 3 months of this year Wii U has sold 525k, its likely to do better next quarter with Mario Kart 8 releasing, 800k is not out of the question. Quarter 3 will probably be somewhere in between those so 650-700k which would put it at about 2 million with another 2.5 million over the holiday quarter (it did close to 2 million last holiday quarter).

10 million by the end of the year is not guaranteed but it is certainly possibly.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

Ask the Magic Conch Shell

THE MAGIC CONCH SHELL HAS SPOKEN!

zorg1000 said:
Aerys said:

It sold 3.25 million in 2013, to reach 10 million it needs a total of 4.5 million this year which would be about 38% up YOY. Also there are 9 months left since we only have data thru April 5.

In the first 3 months of this year Wii U has sold 525k, its likely to do better next quarter with Mario Kart 8 releasing, 800k is not out of the question. Quarter 3 will probably be somewhere in between those so 650-700k which would put it at about 2 million with another 2.5 million over the holiday quarter (it did close to 2 million last holiday quarter).

10 million by the end of the year is not guaranteed but it is certainly possibly.

your numbers seem off but im on my vita. Nintendo shipped 3.06m at the endof decmber 2012. They just reached 6m shipped this year. How did they sell that much more than shipped?

ToxicJosh said:

December? So each week it'll sell 25,000 ww? Even the vita is doing better than that! :p

Edit: missed a 0 and autocorrect had some fun!

and the vita is beating the wiiu.... 

zorg1000 said:
Aerys said:

your numbers seem off but im on my vita. Nintendo shipped 3.06m at the endof decmber 2012. They just reached 6m shipped this year. How did they sell that much more than shipped?

Because Nintendo overshipped by alot during launch. If Vgchartz numbers are fairly accurate Wii U sold about 2.25 million by the end of 2012 so over 800k were unsold and it wasnt until late May that Wii U finally sold thru the initial launch shipments which is why we saw such low shipments in 2013.

Shipped vs sold

2012-3.09m vs 2.25m

2013-2.77m vs 3.25m

So again if Vgchartz numbers are fairly accurate there were only about 360k Wii U on store shelves at the end of 2013 compared to 840k at the end of 2012.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Very good thread. Lol.