By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Bros: 3DS Summer; Wii U Winter

Fucking pathetic! They've really damned the Wii U to die a painful death...
Mods might think i'm trolling but I don't give a fuck. -.-

User was moderated for this post - Conegamer

Around the Network
PATRIOT7GAMING said:
curl-6 said:

I'm really enjoying my Wii U thanks to Mario 3D World and DK Tropical Freeze, but yeah, I too get pissed off by their stupidity and the way they're treating Wii U owners, keeping us in the dark and putting us second to 3DS owners.

I agree that the Wii was better; besides being more fresh and interesting as a system, they gave it and therefore its owners top priority.

I'm sure I would enjoy those games but like i said I'm just not happy with how they are treating their consumers. The wii actually had a steady amount of games and it had a good number of smaller good games on it too. Wii u isn't a bad console at all. it just seems bad because it is being handled badly. Nintendo also needs to give the wii u e shop better treatment. 

Why they drip-fed eshop games when they have such a massive library to draw on is beyond me...

curl-6 said:

Why they drip-fed eshop games when they have such a massive library to draw on is beyond me...

Probably treating it the same way as retail games and don't want to devalue the perceived cost of the games.  Of course I'm not saying I like that or that it's working well.  I prefer, if they could, to put as many as soon as possible.  Can't say I would know if this method is working for them or not either.

I prefer this idea, since I have both a Wii U and 3DS. If they came out at the same time, I wouldn't play the 3DS version. So, with this, I can play the 3DS version in the summer so it can let me wait until the Wii U version comes out. However, it better not come out on the last day of August though.

nice

PATRIOT7GAMING said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
PATRIOT7GAMING said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
Contrary to what everyone is saying, 3DS needs the title soon more than Wii U. 3DS sales are declining and there is little reason to pick it up. It may even be replaced next year, so sales need to be milked ASAP. But mostly you should always save the superior version for last.

So? 3DS is doing a lot better than the Wii U. Who the heck makes excuses for a game company. Oh wait this guy.

Hardly. I don't even like the game. I'm explaining why the release schedule makes sense. You're just unable to grasp it.

Wii u is not making profit and 3DS is. Now tell me which one matters more at this point? Excatly.

3DS matters more, like u said its the one making profit meaning its Nintendo's money maker. 3DS sales are decreasing meaning Nintendo isnt making as much money off it. It needs a really big title to help keep sales from dropping further and to try offsetting Wii U losses.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

This kills any momentum that Smash could have had on the Wii U. Before the Direct, I was worried that people would possibly choose the 3DS version over the Wii U version. Now I am sure that will happen, and that the 3DS version will outsell the Wii U version lifetime sales. People may think I'm exaggerating but I'm not. There is going to be a possible 3-4 month gap and a 40 mil difference in install base. If anyone wants to bet otherwise, then I am up for it.

Nintendo are being absolutely clueless this gen. They seem to think that all its going to take is releasing a handful of popular franchises. Yet, they don't seem to understand that decisions like this are hurting the Wii U. I'm starting to think that they do not care anymore, and if that is the case I am going to be very reluctant buying their future home, or handheld consoles.

It makes sense from a perspective of helping 3DS, since the little console is down for the summer months around the world (aside from Kirby Triple Deluxe in the west)

The problem is that this will really hurt the hype for the Wii U version, largely because of identical rosters. Nintendo was just getting better about containing pre-release spoilers (the ninjas were out in force before Pokemon X and Y launched, presumably), so there could have been a real sense of pre-internet-spoils-everything-era magic with Smash For on Wii U

On the plus side, they're really convincing me to buy this on 3DS, when me buying 3DS version at all was a "maybe someday", it's rather ticked up to "probably yes", between the fact that it is first and that fascinating looking Smash Rush mode that's exclusive (I LOVED City Trial in Kirby Air Ride. That Smash Bros is getting an equivalent version makes me :D)

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

zorg1000 said:

3DS matters more, like u said its the one making profit meaning its Nintendo's money maker. 3DS sales are decreasing meaning Nintendo isnt making as much money off it. It needs a really big title to help keep sales from dropping further and to try offsetting Wii U losses.

e

No, The 3DS is fine for pete sakes the wii u is the one that is dying right now. The 3DS already has its games and other games to keep it going. The wii u  hurting nintendo and think the 3DS needs help give me a break. What is up with you fanboys and making excuses for a game company

Quote Tree Shortened; Also User Was Moderated For This Post - Conegamer

Started gaming on PS3 3/6/14 :)

WOW i did NOT expect this. at all. I was sure they were going to release the same time with Wii U coming out first if anything. but for the 3ds version to come in SUMMER and the Wii U one AFTER that? Glad i got 3ds

It's pretty funny how everyone is criticizing this "decision", given the fact that it probably couldn't be helped.

Great games take time to make. The Wii U version, being an HD game, requires more time and resources then a 3DS game would. Frankly I was expecting BOTH games out at the same time late this year, so getting the 3DS version in the summer is pretty surprising only in that sense.

For all of the people complaining about the Wii U version not coming out first....would you prefer the game now, unfinished, buggy, and incomplete, or in six months in a polished, bug free, triple A state? In a world of limited resources you can't have both. Nintendo can't just press a button to make it happen. You need to choose.

Personally, I prefer to get my games finished.