By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Bros: 3DS Summer; Wii U Winter

RuRo said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
Contrary to what everyone is saying, 3DS needs the title soon more than Wii U. 3DS sales are declining and there is little reason to pick it up. It may even be replaced next year, so sales need to be milked ASAP. But mostly you should always save the superior version for last.

This would be true if there wasn't so much negative press about the Wii U (try to find an article that doesn't at least call it Nintendo's "struggling" console) and we didn't have everyone looking for a game to "save" the Wii U. This will help the 3ds, but it has done well enough that the focus isn't on it, while any failure for the Wii U will be more high profile.

There are some good reasons to do it this way (based on what we know... possibly even more based on how things are moving with SSB Wii U and other Wii U games) but I just don't know if it will be enough to cancel out the obvious negativity around delaying the Wii U version. It will probably be a fine decision for gaming quality, but if gaming quality was enough to merlt bad press snowballs then the Wii U would probably have already recovered its reputation.

Wii u is a struggling consolee, so that isn't negative. I really don't understand why some  act like nothing is wrong with it.

Started gaming on PS3 3/6/14 :)

Around the Network

I REALLY hope that the 3DS version is releasing first simply because it was easier to develop. If Nintendo actually prioritized the 3DS version over the WiiU version... oh God I wouldn't even know how to react to that.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

PATRIOT7GAMING said:
RuRo said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
Contrary to what everyone is saying, 3DS needs the title soon more than Wii U. 3DS sales are declining and there is little reason to pick it up. It may even be replaced next year, so sales need to be milked ASAP. But mostly you should always save the superior version for last.

This would be true if there wasn't so much negative press about the Wii U (try to find an article that doesn't at least call it Nintendo's "struggling" console) and we didn't have everyone looking for a game to "save" the Wii U. This will help the 3ds, but it has done well enough that the focus isn't on it, while any failure for the Wii U will be more high profile.

There are some good reasons to do it this way (based on what we know... possibly even more based on how things are moving with SSB Wii U and other Wii U games) but I just don't know if it will be enough to cancel out the obvious negativity around delaying the Wii U version. It will probably be a fine decision for gaming quality, but if gaming quality was enough to merlt bad press snowballs then the Wii U would probably have already recovered its reputation.

Wii u is a struggling consolee, so that isn't negative. I really don't understand why some  act like nothing is wrong with it.

It's negative in that it's not a good thing to be a struggling console, unless you're a financial masochist. I was only mentioning that even the most positive Wii U related press will still always be keeping fresh in everyone's mind that it is not doing well, and that it's not just Nintendoom articles.

PATRIOT7GAMING said:
curl-6 said:
PATRIOT7GAMING said:
confirmed! nintendo is ran by idiots

That's been confirmed since 2011.

I can agree with that now but back then I didn't.  You would think they would learn something from the 3DS though

It's just mind boggling that they could be so brilliant from 2006-2010 and then suddenly go full retard with the Wii's last 2 years and Wii U.

curl-6 said:
PATRIOT7GAMING said:
curl-6 said:
PATRIOT7GAMING said:
confirmed! nintendo is ran by idiots

That's been confirmed since 2011.

I can agree with that now but back then I didn't.  You would think they would learn something from the 3DS though

It's just mind boggling that they could be so brilliant from 2006-2010 and then suddenly go full retard with the Wii's last 2 years and Wii U.

I know at this point they need to fail again to learn their lesson

Around the Network
PATRIOT7GAMING said:
curl-6 said:

You'd think they would have learned it by now with Wii U's weak sales, but somehow it doesn't seem to be getting through their skulls.

I love them, but they need a serious reality check.

curl-6 said:
PATRIOT7GAMING said:
curl-6 said:

You'd think they would have learned it by now with Wii U's weak sales, but somehow it doesn't seem to be getting through their skulls.

I love them, but they need a serious reality check.

I love their games but I got so ticked off by their dumb moves and their thing against online that I got rid of my 3DS and wii u until they start getting serious or actually release a star fox or f zero. The wii was so much better than the wii u. The wii u has some games but their decisions are so dumb and the game line up could be so much better for it too.

PATRIOT7GAMING said:

I love their games but I got so ticked off by their dumb moves and their thing against online that I got rid of my 3DS and wii u until they start getting serious or actually release a star fox or f zero. The wii was so much better than the wii u. The wii u has some games but their decisions are so dumb and the game line up could be so much better for it too.

I'm really enjoying my Wii U thanks to Mario 3D World and DK Tropical Freeze, but yeah, I too get pissed off by their stupidity and the way they're treating Wii U owners, keeping us in the dark and putting us second to 3DS owners.

I agree that the Wii was better; besides being more fresh and interesting as a system, they gave it and therefore its owners top priority.

Good news! For the 3DS...

3DS Friend Code: 0645 - 5827 - 5788
WayForward Kickstarter is best kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1236620800/shantae-half-genie-hero

curl-6 said:
PATRIOT7GAMING said:

I'm really enjoying my Wii U thanks to Mario 3D World and DK Tropical Freeze, but yeah, I too get pissed off by their stupidity and the way they're treating Wii U owners, keeping us in the dark and putting us second to 3DS owners.

I agree that the Wii was better; besides being more fresh and interesting as a system, they gave it and therefore its owners top priority.

I'm sure I would enjoy those games but like i said I'm just not happy with how they are treating their consumers. The wii actually had a steady amount of games and it had a good number of smaller good games on it too. Wii u isn't a bad console at all. it just seems bad because it is being handled badly. Nintendo also needs to give the wii u e shop better treatment.