By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA is an Amazing Game Company

toastboy44562 said:

-Worked with Microsoft and Xbox for exclusivity

Fixed that for you.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
FlamingWeazel said:
April fools was yesterday.

Nailed it.

I'm not even going to read the rest of the thread.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
Switch - Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (2014/2017)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links

fatslob-:O said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
EA has the same temperament as Microsoft. Their ethic is the same. Keep as much control over their product as possible and milk as many of their top IP's as possible.

@Bold And who wouldn't want to milk their top IPs ? Everybody in the industry is doing it ... If Sony had an IP that came close to call of duty they would milk the shit out of it and the same goes for Nintendo. Activision is obviously doing it. EA has sports games to milk. Ubisoft is doing this with assassin's creed. Konami is squeezing the shit out of metal gear. Capcom is taking the life out of street fighter. Square Enix is trying to dry the shit out of Final Fantasy. Sega ain't even giving that pitiful hedgehog a break. Tecmo Koei keeps pushing out more dynasty warriors. 

Almost everybody is doing it STAGE, now tell us something we don't know ... 

MS aren't producing nearly as many new things that stick as they are milking over and over again. EA is the same way. Nintendo hasn't created a new IP in quite a while and Sony, well Sony keeps making new risking it all on new IP's and milking ones that stick.

And what new things has others produced aside from ubisoft that actually sticked, STAGE ? Nintendo hasn't created a new IP, eh ? Then what in the hell are the WII games ? Sony is also guilty for milking shit too such as god of war.

What makes Sony different from the rest of the fellow trash publishers ? 

Who do you see coming out with the most new IP's and having them hit GOTY status? How many ip's have been created under them or in tandem with other companies that have surprised people? Dude...I understand that you like what you like, but if Sony were ever to leave gaming it would be felt hard. There would be a HUGE void in creativity. 

toastboy44562 said:

-Works with Microsoft and Xbox for exclusivity

-Brought us Titanfall (game of the generation)

-Knows which platforms to build for to make the most profit

-Owns perhaps the most IPs and has a wide range of Genres

-Most games have at least decent quality (mass effect, titanfall, sim city, sports games, battlefield, star wars battlefront etc.)

I know they have had server issues but those are all fixed. I do not know why you guys hate them. They are great!

Edit: They are no lionhead, epic games, naughtydawg, or rockstar but they are about as good as ubisoft or anyone else

Just to clarify, Titanfall isn't exclusive....it is a multiplat not on PS4.

It sells like an exclusive, so I get the confusion.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Wagram said:
Titanfall - game of the generation? Ha.

Ha indeed. Titanfall is game of the damn century!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Who do you see coming out with the most new IP's and having them hit GOTY status? How many ip's have been created under them or in tandem with other companies that have surprised people? Dude...I understand that you like what you like, but if Sony were ever to leave gaming it would be felt hard. There would be a HUGE void in creativity. 

@Bold That's arguable ... I could easily give this to EA who has bioware which make new top tier IPs like mass effect or this could also easily go to guys like take two interactive who have guys that created red dead redemption.

I could care less about Nintendo right now if that's your thinking but Sony's new IP's aren't any better than the other publishers.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

@Bold That's arguable ... I could easily give this to EA who has bioware which make new top tier IPs like mass effect or this could also easily go to guys like take two interactive who have guys that created red dead redemption.

I could care less about Nintendo right now if that's your thinking but Sony's new IP's aren't any better than the other publishers.

EA is responsible for the waterin down of EA's IP's. The are probably the main reason The older republic turned into an MMO instead of the classic single player style. Mass Effect got gradually less RPG-like once EA got ahold of Bioware. EA just bought Bioware to milk their IP's. If it sells milk it. They have zero creativity. If it isn't straight forward forget about it. 

Rockstar created Red Dead Redemption, not Take Two. Those guys were just the distributors. 

There is a difference between a creative entity and a company that just acts as a publisher. Sony and Nintendo are self publishers, but they are also creative entities. Microsoft and EA are in the same boat. Think about it based on the process of how their games are made.

As for what I think, seriously, stop worrying about it. Its about what is. Without Nintendo or Sony Microsoft would probably lose all the passion in the world and move on. They need creative entities who depend on the industry to compete with them. This is Microsoft at their best, when they are stepping on someone elses toes. If they aren't they kind of slump over and enjoy the fruits of success but little inspiration. EA is the same way as Microsoft, for instance with the NFL Microsoft has paid to be the official brand of the NFL and EA paid the NFL to be the only licensed brand to make their videogames. Why might you ask? They like competition, but not to the point where their competition of lesser means out creates them and out thinks them. They'll pay to snuff them out so the world cannot experience their product and thus lessens the vitality of said genre. 2k Sports would've made Madden a dead entity and they did what they had to survive and yes they could pay for days over 2k's head if they liked, but in this industry money > creativity. This is why the indies are such a big thing now, bring back they hey-day of gaming when it was simple and fun. Guess who had the most problems with them at the start of the gen because of their hang ups? 

S.T.A.G.E. said:

EA is responsible for the waterin down of EA's IP's. The are probably the main reason The older republic turned into an MMO instead of the classic single player style. Mass Effect got gradually less RPG-like once EA got ahold of Bioware. EA just bought Bioware to milk their IP's. If it sells milk it. They have zero creativity. If it isn't straight forward forget about it. 

Where's proof that they are the main reason for turning the old republic as a single player experience ? Improving combat = Not RPG ? Atleast bioware is doing something different compared to naughty dog flooding the market with shooters. 

Rockstar created Red Dead Redemption, not Take Two. Those guys were just the distributors. 

Who owns Rockstar again ? Who also funds their title ? Does take two not get any credit that ? 

There is a difference between a creative entity and a company that just acts as a publisher. Sony and Nintendo are self publishers, but they are also creative entities. Microsoft and EA are in the same boat. Think about it based on the process of how their games are made.

"Who do you see coming out with the most new IP's and having them hit GOTY status? How many ip's have been created under them or in tandem with other companies that have surprised people?" <--- This banter is now irrelevant ... Thanks for the self ownage. 

S.T.A.G.E. said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
EA has the same temperament as Microsoft. Their ethic is the same. Keep as much control over their product as possible and milk as many of their top IP's as possible.

@Bold And who wouldn't want to milk their top IPs ? Everybody in the industry is doing it ... If Sony had an IP that came close to call of duty they would milk the shit out of it and the same goes for Nintendo. Activision is obviously doing it. EA has sports games to milk. Ubisoft is doing this with assassin's creed. Konami is squeezing the shit out of metal gear. Capcom is taking the life out of street fighter. Square Enix is trying to dry the shit out of Final Fantasy. Sega ain't even giving that pitiful hedgehog a break. Tecmo Koei keeps pushing out more dynasty warriors. 

Almost everybody is doing it STAGE, now tell us something we don't know ... 

MS aren't producing nearly as many new things that stick as they are milking over and over again. EA is the same way. Nintendo hasn't created a new IP in quite a while and Sony, well Sony keeps making new risking it all on new IP's and milking ones that stick.

And what new things has others produced aside from ubisoft that actually sticked, STAGE ? Nintendo hasn't created a new IP, eh ? Then what in the hell are the WII games ? Sony is also guilty for milking shit too such as god of war.

What makes Sony different from the rest of the fellow trash publishers ? 

All companies are guilty of milking their top franchises, otherwise we wouldn't have Gran Turismo 6, Halo 4, and New Super Mario Bros. 2. It's what they do with those games that actually makes them better or the same iteration with every entry. I think Sony takes greater risks in regards to new IPs over the other two companies, even if the games don't become financially successful. They still look like they try (Nintendo does a good job with their existing IPs), instead of releasing the same game over and over, moreorless.

Games published by Sony in 2012-14 that are new IPs include Book of Spells, Playstation All-Stars, Sorcery, Tokyo Jungle, Journey, The Unfinished Swan, Beyond: Two Souls (even if it plays similar to Heavy Rain), Diggs Nightcrawler, The Last of Us, Puppeteer, Rain, Knack and Resogun. Granted, a lot of those aren't exactly high-class titles, but they try to be somewhat original.

Nintendo doesn't invent many new IPs (Wii series was their first one in a good while), but they tend to do pretty well with their established franchises, even if one of them might be a little milked. Microsoft doesn't seem to have a whole lot going for it, as far as original IPs are concerned, as outside of Ryse and Quantum Break, I can't think of any previously announced titles coming to the Xbox One.

MasterVG71782 said:

All companies are guilty of milking their top franchises, otherwise we wouldn't have Gran Turismo 6, Halo 4, and New Super Mario Bros. 2. It's what they do with those games that actually makes them better or the same iteration with every entry. I think Sony takes greater risks in regards to new IPs over the other two companies, even if the games don't become financially successful. They still look like they try (Nintendo does a good job with their existing IPs), instead of releasing the same game over and over, moreorless.

Games published by Sony in 2012-14 that are new IPs include Book of Spells, Playstation All-Stars, Sorcery, Tokyo Jungle, Journey, The Unfinished Swan, Beyond: Two Souls (even if it plays similar to Heavy Rain), Diggs Nightcrawler, The Last of Us, Puppeteer, Rain, Knack and Resogun. Granted, a lot of those aren't exactly high-class titles, but they try to be somewhat original.

Nintendo doesn't invent many new IPs (Wii series was their first one in a good while), but they tend to do pretty well with their established franchises, even if one of them might be a little milked. Microsoft doesn't seem to have a whole lot going for it, as far as original IPs are concerned, as outside of Ryse and Quantum Break, I can't think of any previously announced titles coming to the Xbox One.

Appreciate the response and I understand. I do agree that Sony does take more risks but it wouldn't be such a risk if they actually do some research on content consumption of consumers. There games would flop way less and they'd start becoming more like activision blizzard in terms of their quality of games.