By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA is an Amazing Game Company

fatslob-:O said:
MasterVG71782 said:

All companies are guilty of milking their top franchises, otherwise we wouldn't have Gran Turismo 6, Halo 4, and New Super Mario Bros. 2. It's what they do with those games that actually makes them better or the same iteration with every entry. I think Sony takes greater risks in regards to new IPs over the other two companies, even if the games don't become financially successful. They still look like they try (Nintendo does a good job with their existing IPs), instead of releasing the same game over and over, moreorless.

Games published by Sony in 2012-14 that are new IPs include Book of Spells, Playstation All-Stars, Sorcery, Tokyo Jungle, Journey, The Unfinished Swan, Beyond: Two Souls (even if it plays similar to Heavy Rain), Diggs Nightcrawler, The Last of Us, Puppeteer, Rain, Knack and Resogun. Granted, a lot of those aren't exactly high-class titles, but they try to be somewhat original.

Nintendo doesn't invent many new IPs (Wii series was their first one in a good while), but they tend to do pretty well with their established franchises, even if one of them might be a little milked. Microsoft doesn't seem to have a whole lot going for it, as far as original IPs are concerned, as outside of Ryse and Quantum Break, I can't think of any previously announced titles coming to the Xbox One.

Appreciate the response and I understand. I do agree that Sony does take more risks but it wouldn't be such a risk if they actually do some research on content consumption of consumers. There games would flop way less and they'd start becoming more like activision blizzard in terms of their quality of games. 

You just don't understand. Sony takes risks on things that could become new hits. This is why they are considered the artsy company out of the three. Its like knowing pop art and being avant garde. Same difference.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
EA has the same temperament as Microsoft. Their ethic is the same. Keep as much control over their product as possible and milk as many of their top IP's as possible.

@Bold And who wouldn't want to milk their top IPs ? Everybody in the industry is doing it ... If Sony had an IP that came close to call of duty they would milk the shit out of it and the same goes for Nintendo. Activision is obviously doing it. EA has sports games to milk. Ubisoft is doing this with assassin's creed. Konami is squeezing the shit out of metal gear. Capcom is taking the life out of street fighter. Square Enix is trying to dry the shit out of Final Fantasy. Sega ain't even giving that pitiful hedgehog a break. Tecmo Koei keeps pushing out more dynasty warriors. 

Almost everybody is doing it STAGE, now tell us something we don't know ... 

fatslob, let me ask you a question. Why do you feel the need to go so far out of your way and waste so much time damaging contorlling for EA when people here show you evidence of all the horrible business tactics they have in thier playbook. I'm pretty sure your not thier payroll so what is the reason?

MasterVG71782 said:

All companies are guilty of milking their top franchises, otherwise we wouldn't have Gran Turismo 6, Halo 4, and New Super Mario Bros. 2. It's what they do with those games that actually makes them better or the same iteration with every entry. I think Sony takes greater risks in regards to new IPs over the other two companies, even if the games don't become financially successful. They still look like they try (Nintendo does a good job with their existing IPs), instead of releasing the same game over and over, moreorless.

Games published by Sony in 2012-14 that are new IPs include Book of Spells, Playstation All-Stars, Sorcery, Tokyo Jungle, Journey, The Unfinished Swan, Beyond: Two Souls (even if it plays similar to Heavy Rain), Diggs Nightcrawler, The Last of Us, Puppeteer, Rain, Knack and Resogun. Granted, a lot of those aren't exactly high-class titles, but they try to be somewhat original.

Nintendo doesn't invent many new IPs (Wii series was their first one in a good while), but they tend to do pretty well with their established franchises, even if one of them might be a little milked. Microsoft doesn't seem to have a whole lot going for it, as far as original IPs are concerned, as outside of Ryse and Quantum Break, I can't think of any previously announced titles coming to the Xbox One.

Appreciate the response and I understand. I do agree that Sony does take more risks but it wouldn't be such a risk if they actually do some research on content consumption of consumers. There games would flop way less and they'd start becoming more like activision blizzard in terms of their quality of games. 

I feel they take risks in order to try and find that next big IP, which certainly worked out with something like The Last of Us (I haven't played it personally). I'd rather they not become more like Activision, since that company has a habit of milking franchises even more than other companies (they managed to kill Guitar Hero quickly and while CoD sells great, that series has been stale for a good while now). For example, I absolutely loved Puppeteer and thought it was a refreshing take on the platform genre, and Tokyo Jungle was another great and underappreciated title. Resogun is a great take on the shmup and they certainly had great success with The Last of Us and Journey.

I understand the business aspect of the equation and Sony probably would be better off by churning out sequel after sequel of their greater selling franchises, but they seem to focus on quality sometimes over quantity.

Devil_Survivor said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
EA has the same temperament as Microsoft. Their ethic is the same. Keep as much control over their product as possible and milk as many of their top IP's as possible.

@Bold And who wouldn't want to milk their top IPs ? Everybody in the industry is doing it ... If Sony had an IP that came close to call of duty they would milk the shit out of it and the same goes for Nintendo. Activision is obviously doing it. EA has sports games to milk. Ubisoft is doing this with assassin's creed. Konami is squeezing the shit out of metal gear. Capcom is taking the life out of street fighter. Square Enix is trying to dry the shit out of Final Fantasy. Sega ain't even giving that pitiful hedgehog a break. Tecmo Koei keeps pushing out more dynasty warriors. 

fatslob, let me ask you a question. Why do you feel the need to go so far out of your way and waste so much time damaging contorlling for EA when people here show you evidence of all the horrible business tactics they have in thier playbook. I'm pretty sure your not thier payroll so what is the reason?

I'm not damage controlling EA. LOLOL I couldn't give two shits about EA! I'm pointing out the fact that most of the sheep's animosity comes from blind hate like kupomogli says. People here have no clear fucking reason to hate them at a personal level like this when a video game company shouldn't affect a consumers live aside from a several isolated cases. Does their horrible business practices affect peoples lives ? 

Tell me something different ... 

badgenome said:
FlamingWeazel said:
April fools was yesterday.

Unfortunately, toastboy is every day.

damn. Didn't need to kill him.

"Excuse me sir, I see you have a weapon. Why don't you put it down and let's settle this like gentlemen"  ~ max

Around the Network
Devil_Survivor said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I'm not damage controlling EA. LOLOL I couldn't give two shits about EA! I'm pointing out the fact that most of the sheep's animosity comes from blind hate like kupomogli says. People here have no clear fucking reason to hate them at a personal level like this when a video game company shouldn't affect a consumers live aside from a several isolated cases. Does their horrible business practices affect peoples lives ? 

Tell me something different ... 

Look EA gets a lot of hate they don't deserve, but that doesn't mean people don't have legit grips about them. How it affects lives is that they spend their hard earned money on EA games and then those are either broken or have some online DRM like Sim City that's when people get angry at a personal level because they feel like they're being taken advantage of and I know that is one of things people hate the most.  

Personally, I never had an issue with any of the EA games I own which is quite a lot over the years, however I can understand how people feel ripped off by EA at certain points. I just say try to look at from another view and not just your own.

Devil_Survivor said:

Look EA gets a lot of hate they don't deserve, but that doesn't mean people don't have legit grips about them. How it affects lives is that they spend their hard earned money on EA games and then those are either broken or have some online DRM like Sim City that's when people get angry at a personal level because they feel like they're being taken advantage of and I know that is one of things people hate the most.  

Personally, I never had an issue with any of the EA games I own which is quite a lot over the years, however I can understand how people feel ripped off by EA at certain points. I just say try to look at from another view and not just your own.

If people have an issue with spending their money on a product made by a bunch of greedy fucks then they should learn not to do it. A lot of corporations take advantages of the customers but there are others out there who are a hundred times worse than EA because some of the corporations are actually detrimental to the consumers around them. Gaming means absolutely jack shit for peoples lives. There's no need for tons of idiots going around shitting on EA at a constant basis because of others disliking the shit out of a gaming company.

Each and every corporation has some flaws but there's absolutely no need to be a bunch of sheeps for the haters too ... 

EA...the saviors of the free world. Everyone bow and serve your new masters.

prayformojo said:
EA...the saviors of the free world. Everyone bow and serve your new masters.

They would love that.

I feel dirty every time I load up Titanfall and see the EA logo.