By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - And EA was too harsh on WiiU?

Its things like that which will help Nintendo get their act together. Acting with 0 concern for the competitions hardware and 3rd parties is NOT a smart way to do business.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
It's not that what EA did was too harsh. It's that EA did it.*snip*

Not to who I'm quoting, I'm just using part of your quote. 

Everyone wants to bash EA simply for being EA.  Everyone knows EA is the most evil company ever,  ran over my dog, killed my father, raped my mother, and forcing me to live in poverty for the next 40 years.  My life is ruined because of EA :(.  Late April Fools!  I like EA.  I'm not going to bitch about them because they're a business and they're hardly doing anything that's actually really bad.  Far more video game publishers are worse than EA and there are other companies that are far worse than those.  They've got better than they were in the past, and most people who bash them weren't even effected by anything they've done in the past.  Most people who bash EA are nothing more than sheep following the flock.   

They lost worst company of in America award in the first round. Clearly, EA is the Best Company is in America.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

DonFerrari said:

EA won't release anymore games on WiiU so they aren't partners anymore.

And I don't mind this april joke and I even found it mildly funny and to close to reality.

Was just questioning why just one of them generated an outcry.

Nintendo aren't babies, they can take care of themselves.

You know Nintendo has more consoles on the market that the Wii U right?. They release "new" FIFA 14 games for both 3DS and Wii last year, so they are still partners, not good ones, not even decent ones, but now that the 3DS is selling pretty good it does not make comercial sense to cut that bridge just now.

KylieDog said:
Another shitty joke.

Seriously, if you cannot do a good April Fools, then just fucking don't.

It was a terrible site to see. Their apology should've been over how bad it was.

well, at least this was funny

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
It's not that what EA did was too harsh. It's that EA did it.*snip*

Not to who I'm quoting, I'm just using part of your quote. 

Everyone wants to bash EA simply for being EA.  Everyone knows EA is the most evil company ever,  ran over my dog, killed my father, raped my mother, and forcing me to live in poverty for the next 40 years.  My life is ruined because of EA :(.  Late April Fools!  I like EA.  I'm not going to bitch about them because they're a business and they're hardly doing anything that's actually really bad.  Far more video game publishers are worse than EA and there are other companies that are far worse than those.  They've got better than they were in the past, and most people who bash them weren't even effected by anything they've done in the past.  Most people who bash EA are nothing more than sheep following the flock.   

EA was the only games company that mocked another games company for April Fools.  No, most people do not have an irrational dislike for EA.  EA does things that causes people to judge them poorly.  Looking soley at this incident, they deserve the heat they got for it.  They deserve more heat than anyone else because they were only ones to do it.  And they apologized for it because they know what was said was a poor decision.  Quite simple really.

TheLastStarFighter said:

EA was the only games company that mocked another games company for April Fools.  No, most people do not have an irrational dislike for EA.  EA does things that causes people to judge them poorly.  Looking soley at this incident, they deserve the heat they got for it.  They deserve more heat than anyone else because they were only ones to do it.  And they apologized for it because they know what was said was a poor decision.  Quite simple really.

Yeah, as a joke on April Fools, and it was a very light hearted joke. 

Coincidentally, here are other "video game publishers" who mocked other video game companies.  Here's the infamous "Official Playstation Used Game Instructional Video."  It was funny.  You didn't see Xbox fans crying like little bitches did you?

-

Namco Bandai on the other hand made a pretty hateful comment towards a fan who was port begging.   This got posted as news though. 

https://securecdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/553/3991/original.jpg

How about Hideki Kamiya disrespecting Smash Bros fans for asking if Bayonetta can be in it?  Do you remember this famous quote.  "Enough of Smash idiots.  Fuck off."  As soon as a few minutes pass by everyone forgets about his rude comments, but EA, oh hells no.  EA makes nothing more than a light hearted joke and you've got people bitching for years. 

kupomogli said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

Yeah, as a joke on April Fools, and it was a very light hearted joke. 

Coincidentally, here are other "video game publishers" who mocked other video game companies.  Here's the infamous "Official Playstation Used Game Instructional Video."  It was funny.  You didn't see Xbox fans crying like little bitches did you?

-

Namco Bandai on the other hand made a pretty hateful comment towards a fan who was port begging.   This got posted as news though. 

https://securecdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/553/3991/original.jpg

How about Hideki Kamiya disrespecting Smash Bros fans for asking if Bayonetta can be in it?  Do you remember this famous quote.  "Enough of Smash idiots.  Fuck off."  As soon as a few minutes pass by everyone forgets about his rude comments, but EA, oh hells no.  EA makes nothing more than a light hearted joke and you've got people bitching for years. 

Ehh the problem are a little bit bigger. It is not only this "thing" it is "more". When Call of Duty MW3 cames out with BF3, the Cod boss goes to EA to play Battlefield and say good job guys. What has Ea doing, nothing they still hating Activision but Activision are professional guys. BF4 it is bugy and unplayabel but hey better you write in your CD Case ist has a better graphic then COD. It is this arrogance then bring the people to hate EA.They believe they are the best but the Loser have not make enough money like Activision in the apst years.

People they hate in the Internet thej have all small pe.....

As others have said, its not about "harsh"ness...its the fact that EA is supposed to be a partner to Nintendo (which is very different than being competitors) and they've already gotten on a lot of people's bad sides by being a terrible partner.

The fact that EA is a massively visible company who is easy to hate just adds to the situation.

"Most people who bash EA are nothing more than sheep following the flock." - Yeah, well call me what you will but there are plenty of valid reasons to bash EA. Whether you think people are just following the leader or not, the fact is that the leader has a darn good point.

I don't get it. It's not even dated April 1. Is this site like P4R?