By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - And EA was too harsh on WiiU?

Yes it does stink, just like the Scroogled adverts by Microsoft. Stinks of desperation. EA used to be a great company but now are just full of themselves and bad coding

"...the best way to prepare [to be a programmer] is to write programs, and to study great programs that other people have written. In my case, I went to the garbage cans at the Computer Science Center and fished out listings of their operating system." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

"Hey, Steve, just because you broke into Xerox's house before I did and took the TV doesn't mean I can't go in later and take the stereo." - Bill Gates (Microsoft Corporation)

Bill Gates had Mac prototypes to work from, and he was known to be obsessed with trying to make Windows as good as SAND (Steve's Amazing New Device), as a Microsoft exec named it. It was the Mac that Microsoft took for its blueprint on how to make a GUI.

""Windows [n.] - A thirty-two bit extension and GUI shell to a sixteen bit patch to an eight bit operating system originally coded for a four bit microprocessor and sold by a two-bit company that can't stand one bit of competition.""

Around the Network
TheLastStarFighter said:
It's not that what EA did was too harsh. It's that EA did it. EA is supposed to be business ally. Websites or fans or whoever can mock the industry (including Wii U or Sony) all they want. But a 3rd party mocking one of their sales platforms is a poor decision - that's why they apologized for it.

EA won't release anymore games on WiiU so they aren't partners anymore.

And I don't mind this april joke and I even found it mildly funny and to close to reality.

Was just questioning why just one of them generated an outcry.

Nintendo aren't babies, they can take care of themselves.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

No, was just a joke. Not the most hilarious ... but not offensive either. Christ it's just a console nothing to get up in arms about ...

Seece said:
No, was just a joke. Not the most hilarious ... but not offensive either. Christ it's just a console nothing to get up in arms about ...

Yep, for both cases (even if sony is in a dire situation, but that is their problem not ours). Some people are too sensible and defensive.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
TheLastStarFighter said:
It's not that what EA did was too harsh. It's that EA did it. EA is supposed to be business ally. Websites or fans or whoever can mock the industry (including Wii U or Sony) all they want. But a 3rd party mocking one of their sales platforms is a poor decision - that's why they apologized for it.

EA won't release anymore games on WiiU so they aren't partners anymore.

And I don't mind this april joke and I even found it mildly funny and to close to reality.

Was just questioning why just one of them generated an outcry.

Nintendo aren't babies, they can take care of themselves.

Presumably EA aren't releasing games on Wii U at present not because they don't want to, but because it doesn't make business sense.  In theory, if Wii U sales picked up EA would look at selling on the platform because it would make financial sense.  Wii U is a potential platform for them regardless of whether any titles are currently in production for it.

Why you can't understand that this one joke generated outcry is beyond me.  Can you find one gaming company that bashed another company's product on April Fools other than EA?  Find it yet?  OK, perhaps you understand now.

Around the Network
Seece said:

Agreed. It was April Fool's, after all. There's always something like this which pops up.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Its funny the first time but by the third time, it loses its taste... They can make jokes against the wiiU but do not push it which they did...

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

TheLastStarFighter said:

to be fair. Wii U isnt exactly a sales platform for them

oniyide said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

to be fair. Wii U isnt exactly a sales platform for them

What are you talking about?  With titles such as Mass Effect 3: Special Addition, it's the most special of all the platforms they support!

TheLastStarFighter said:
It's not that what EA did was too harsh. It's that EA did it.*snip*

Not to who I'm quoting, I'm just using part of your quote. 

Everyone wants to bash EA simply for being EA.  Everyone knows EA is the most evil company ever,  ran over my dog, killed my father, raped my mother, and forcing me to live in poverty for the next 40 years.  My life is ruined because of EA :(.  Late April Fools!  I like EA.  I'm not going to bitch about them because they're a business and they're hardly doing anything that's actually really bad.  Far more video game publishers are worse than EA and there are other companies that are far worse than those.  They've got better than they were in the past, and most people who bash them weren't even effected by anything they've done in the past.  Most people who bash EA are nothing more than sheep following the flock.