By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - And EA was too harsh on WiiU?

I'm not sure what to think of of it. Sure, it was pretty useless and stupid, but it was April Fools Day.

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

I said on April Fools.  So you are either agreeing with me or can't read.  Either way, great.  /thread.

What DonFerrari said.  It's bad on April Fools but it's fine every other day?  What does it matter whether you said on April Fools or not.  Atleast with April Fools they were joking, it wasn't very harsh, and took it down because people couldn't take a freaking joke.  On two of the other three examples it was Kamiya and the Namco employee being total dicks to the gamers by saying some pretty hateful comments.  On the other example, Sony was poking fun of Microsoft and everyone thought it was funny.  Xbox fans didn't cry about that.  No need to blow it all out of proportion.

I prefeer companies being oppenly mean than hiding betrayals behind false smiles. And yes april 1st should be taken more light, I think ninty fans got annoyed because it was to close to the truth.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Nintentacle said:
I'm not sure what to think of of it. Sure, it was pretty useless and stupid, but it was April Fools Day.

Silly joke that made giggle (both cases) just found funny the outcry. Maybe because EA done it, maybe because it was against nintendo, maybe because it is hurtly true, or all of it.

Just saying that when companies and blogs poke and jab against sony, ms or ea people don't care much.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

kupomogli said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

I said on April Fools.  So you are either agreeing with me or can't read.  Either way, great.  /thread.

What DonFerrari said.  It's bad on April Fools but it's fine every other day?  What does it matter whether you said on April Fools or not.  Atleast with April Fools they were joking, it wasn't very harsh, and took it down because people couldn't take a freaking joke.  On two of the other three examples it was Kamiya and the Namco employee being total dicks to the gamers by saying some pretty hateful comments.  On the other example, Sony was poking fun of Microsoft and everyone thought it was funny.  Xbox fans didn't cry about that.  No need to blow it all out of proportion.

The topic is April Fools jokes. Stay on topic Red 5. Stay on topic!!

TheLastStarFighter said:
kupomogli said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

The topic is April Fools jokes. Stay on topic Red 5. Stay on topic!!

The topic is "was EA too harsh on Wii U."  You specifically stated that no other developer made comments that disrespected another or the community.  I answer your direct comment.  Oh, sorry.  On April Fools, excuse me.  Like it really matters whether the comment was made on April Fools or whenever.  You're doing nothing more than try and turn the argument in your favor by limiting someone to find comments in one of 365 days in the year to compare it to.  

Anyways, my point  stands.  EA's comment was nothing compared to the others I pointed out.  Like Sony's comment towards Xbox One it was some light humor.  Sony's was a bit more because it actually stole a lot of fanbase from Microsoft.  The Wii U joke did.... nothing.   Again though.  Xbox fans didn't whine and bitch about it. 

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
Nintentacle said:

Silly joke that made giggle (both cases) just found funny the outcry. Maybe because EA done it, maybe because it was against nintendo, maybe because it is hurtly true, or all of it.

Just saying that when companies and blogs poke and jab against sony, ms or ea people don't care much.

it seems people get more sensitive when it comes to Nintendo

KylieDog said:
Another shitty joke.

Seriously, if you cannot do a good April Fools, then just fucking don't.

One must do it considering your double negative.

Im gonna go ahead and lock this for a couple reasons.

April Fools Day is long gone. No worthwhile discussion is coming from it.

I'm pretty sure the author of the article in the OP is Shokio from Youtube. He's just some kid that made fairly decent videos about Nintendo and managed to ge a job on a gaming website.