By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Infamous did NOT outsell Titanfall on Xbox One's opening numbers

Aerys said:

You mean a massive hyped FPS " made by COD dev " marketed as an exclusive, offered in bundle with the console and a price cut outsold an exclusive open world ? Such an achievement
It's impressive that Infamous sold so much, the difference is only 200k

Backpedal all you want, it happened. Should have used that fps>open world logic earlier. 

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6170238

Around the Network
VitroBahllee said:

I'm not surprised, but a lot of people were arguing Infamous SS would crush Titanfall. You'd think it would, being one of the only full retail releases on PS4, a console with a higher install base. But I think the fans were ignoring the fact that being a glowing purple superhero was more niche than Titanfall. Not knocking Infamous, and the game blew away the prior installments in the series. But that's just the thing: the series before had pretty small launch numbers. It's a cool and loved series, just not a huge mainstream one.

Anyway, I know people think I'm against Sony. I am not. I don't want this to seem like I'm bashing them. I have a lot of respect for them and they make a ton of great stuff, PS4 included.

This a very common problem around here. One or two users make an outrageous claim, and BAM! "a lot of people". Who are these people who said that it would "crush" Titanfall? There aren't. You can't take Selnor's comments and different threads and claim he represents "a lot of people". Point is, most people did not expect to either "crush" titanfall or beat it first week. Simple as that.

jlmurph2 said:
DerNebel said:
jlmurph2 said:
Oh, don't make this thread now, you'll just have people saying Titanfall had 5 days and Infamous had 2 (Even though Titanfall was released on Thursday and Friday in everywhere but US).

But you can surely make the thread again if Infamous 1st + 2nd week (9 days) doesn't end up selling as much as Titanfall's 1st week (2-5 days). Which is looking very likely from UK's numbers.

If you include PC numbers for Titanfall, then sure, but if you mean X1 version only then there is a possibility for Infamous to have outsold Titanfalls first week in 2 weeks and to also have a higher second week then Titanfall (X1). Infamous dropped 67% in its second week in the UK, if we extrapolate that to Europe, NA and the rest of the world then we get a second week of just short of 230k. Of course the overall drop won't be exactly the same as in the UK but with Titanfall the worldwide drop was comparable in percentage to the UKs drop.

Also I don't know why you keep repeating that the game was only in NA released on tuesday, Titanfall got 70% of its sales up till now from NA so it's important to mention that it was available for 5 days in its first week there.

I was simply making a prediction that is looking likely to happen from looking at UK ISS sales considering their drops compared to the world are slightly lower.

I keep repeating it because when someone mentions something good about US, there's always someone to say "Yet again americans only thinking about US sales". So now people are ONLY referring to the US when regarding Titanfall release date? That's a little bit of hipocrisy

Thanks for the laugh. This is not hypocricy by any means. And I mean ANY means. I know that folks here love to throw this word around to insult others, but it's misused.

Hypocricy would be for Titanfall to outsell Infamous everywhere by a lot and then people say, "but  Infamous beat Titanfall in America and that's the biggest market". That is not the case here. Here we have different number of days of availability. Not saying that America matters more than anything else. It's just an invalid comparison. 

people get so worked up over what has sold more Titanfall had 5 days no wait it was only 2 days, oh YA but infamous only had two days and it sold almost as much as titanfall THEY ARE BOTH GOOD GAMES PEOPLE infamous has sold well so has titanfall at the end of the day I expect both games to have sold millions of copies

holy **** you guys sound like your 6 years old wait............. are you guys 6 just give it a rest WW does matter not just the freaking USA get over it

Around the Network
J_Allard said:
I thought Infamous would sell more. Established franchise exclusive to the platform with a higher userbase versus online only title and a new IP multiplatform. I am not shocked the Xbone version alone is killing it after playing the complete game, it's a fucking masterpiece. I wish PS4 gamers could join me in FPS heaven and shed their Battlezone of Duty shackles.

April fools huh?

~And before I get banned for "flamebaiting"

Don't you think your intentions are quite transparent?

I wish PS4 gamers could join me in FPS heaven and shed their Battlezone of Duty shackles.

This right here assumes that 6mill+ people who bought a PS4 don't own a last gen 360, X1, or PC.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

I dislike threads where one person (Or so far in this case nobody) actually said what the OP states. Not only did they not say it, but even if it was said, it wasn't said by "a lot of people".

Threads that throw out completely outlandish claims with zero evidence should be locked instantly. These threads serve no purpose what so ever to the community and only end up as you see here.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
J_Allard said:
I thought Infamous would sell more. Established franchise exclusive to the platform with a higher userbase versus online only title and a new IP multiplatform. I am not shocked the Xbone version alone is killing it after playing the complete game, it's a fucking masterpiece. I wish PS4 gamers could join me in FPS heaven and shed their Battlezone of Duty shackles.

April fools huh?

I wish PS4 gamers could join me in FPS heaven and shed their Battlezone of Duty shackles.

This right here assumes that 6mill+ people who bought a PS4 don't own a last gen 360, X1, or PC.

Err no it doesn't. By "PS4 gamers" I am clearly referring to people who game primarily on PS4. People who are stuck in a Battlezone of Duty world. And what are my "intentions"? I wish everyone could play the game. Hope that helps. Please PM me updates about how your new role as Intention Detective is going though.

I guess we'll find out. I'll stand by what I said, and if I'm, I'm wrong. It's not a big deal. I honestly doubt the X1 will be able to stay about 60kish for long and if the Ps4 continues doing 120-150k weekly, that's why I'd say inFamous has a shot of selling better in the long term. 120-150k weekly new owners vs. 60k new owner. Not 100% of either group will buy infamous or Titanfall but logic would lead my to believe that perhaps the one with the higher sales would lead to higher sales for it's big exclusive. 

J_Allard said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
J_Allard said:

April fools huh?

Err no it doesn't. By "PS4 gamers" I am clearly referring to people who game primarily on PS4. People who are stuck in a Battlezone of Duty world. And what are my "intentions"? I wish everyone could play the game. Hope that helps. Please PM me updates about how your new role as Intention Detective is going though.

Well then, take care to be more "clear" then. I bet MS wishes more people could play the game as well, but wait no they don't thats why they paid for Xbox "console exclusivity". Its only been a couple of months since Nov so gaming primarily on any of the Next Gen consoles is ill advised since last gen is still getting releases. 

So much for FPS heaven.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank