By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Infamous did NOT outsell Titanfall on Xbox One's opening numbers

I'm not surprised, but a lot of people were arguing Infamous SS would crush Titanfall. You'd think it would, being one of the only full retail releases on PS4, a console with a higher install base. But I think the fans were ignoring the fact that being a glowing purple superhero was more niche than Titanfall. Not knocking Infamous, and the game blew away the prior installments in the series. But that's just the thing: the series before had pretty small launch numbers. It's a cool and loved series, just not a huge mainstream one.

Anyway, I know people think I'm against Sony. I am not. I don't want this to seem like I'm bashing them. I have a lot of respect for them and they make a ton of great stuff, PS4 included.

Around the Network

maybe if it was a masterpiece like it was hyped to be it would have.

No smart person who knows the tendencies of today's gamers would've made such a claim. Nothing beats an online shooter in this day and age. Especially when said shooter is exclusive to XBOX.

700k in 2 days vs 1 million in 4 days... Sounds better to me, but not anything that would be called "crushing". I wonder which one will have better legs?

Oh, don't make this thread now, you'll just have people saying Titanfall had 5 days and Infamous had 2 (Even though Titanfall was released on Thursday and Friday in everywhere but US).

But you can surely make the thread again if Infamous 1st + 2nd week (9 days) doesn't end up selling as much as Titanfall's 1st week (2-5 days). Which is looking very likely from UK's numbers.

Around the Network
Nintentacle said:
700k in 2 days vs 1 million in 4 days... Sounds better to me, but not anything that would be called "crushing". I wonder which one will have better legs?

I was just going off the site's numbers, not whatever numbers you are going off.

Nintentacle said:

Let me see, Multiplayer Online fps vs singleplayer 3rd person adventure game. Which one has had the better legs in the past while the other gets quickly put into resale circulation?

VitroBahllee said:
Nintentacle said:

I was just going off the site's numbers, not whatever numbers you are going off.

That is the sites numbers. 1 million for X1 + PC on Week Ending March 15th (Actaully 5 days of sales), and 700k for Infamous on Week Ending March 22nd (2 days of sales)

Who said infamous would "crush" TF? Most the predictions i saw were in the 500k - 800k range (Pezus was pretty much bang on).

Still, both sold very well. Thanks to the shorter first week and general stubbornness infamous has in its second week, i expect SS will have a smaller second week fall (TF had the normal 70%-ish drop), but the X1 version of TF will likely still end up on top LTD.

I'm interested to see what kind of sales the 360 version pulls off. If it sells well that might explain why TF's hardware boost wasn't a big as many expected.

Myself and other PS fans said Infamous would not outsell Titanfall. I'm surprised Titanfall hasn't sold twice as much as it has tbh.

My 8th gen collection