By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Infamous did NOT outsell Titanfall on Xbox One's opening numbers

wary-wallaroo said:
I believe inFamous will still sell more in the long term. Once the Titanfall hype sizzles out, the X1 will be right back to 50-60k weeks while the PS4 will continue steam rolling ahead.

Why would it ever do that?  In a few weeks anyone will be able to pick up a copy of Infamous SS in the used bin pile for half price which will no longer be tracked.  It's a single player game, you play it for 20 hours max and then dump it.

Around the Network
wary-wallaroo said:
I believe inFamous will still sell more in the long term. Once the Titanfall hype sizzles out, the X1 will be right back to 50-60k weeks while the PS4 will continue steam rolling ahead.

What pattern supports that claim? Because the normal pattern for a strictly single player title is people beating the game, selling it back to Gamestop and then people buying it used.

Besides, your predictions tend to be wrong. I recall you also saying X1 wouldn't outsell PS4 Titanfall week with only 120k and then dropping down to 80k the 2nd week.

Edit: Found your post. It was 100-120k and then 70-80k 2nd week. You're not good at this.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6132953

In terms of sales ISS has done better than the previous entries, which is good for Sony and good for PS4. But as a game I feel that ISS is not as good as the first 2 games. The only real evolution in ISS compared to the first 2 games is graphics, and in some respects with gameplay ISS has gone backwards compared to inFamous 2.

I thought Infamous 2 used Move very well and I am disappointed ISS is not Move compatible.

I thought the melee combat in inFamous 2 was a great innovation, but ISS was a backwards step. With InFamous 2 I often went for melee combat over ranged because it was lots of fun building up to the finishing moves, and with some enemies it was a better tactic.

Speaking of enemies, infamous 2 had a far superior variety of enemies.

In terms of the way Karma affects the game inFamous 2 was much better. The fact that you had entirely different powers when going the evil route compared to good route made that second play through more varied than ISS will be. With ISS you just have variations on the same basic suite of powers.

It's one redeeming element is Paper trail, that's shaping up to be quite interesting.

If someone has never played inFaous before I think ISS should be a fun and pretty unique experience, so hopefully ISS expands the fanbase. And I hope that for existing fans like me, the slight backwards step compared to the previous games isn't a turn off for future titles. It hasn't turned me off, but I do hope Sucker Punch is determined to take the next game up a notch, or 3.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoy the game a lot, and I hope to see a better and more rounded 4th entry in the franchise. But ISS was a somewhat lost opportunity. I also think a meta of 80 was quite generous. I think Yahtzee is going to be pretty brutal in his review, especially since he liked both of the previous games.

So even though I don't like FPS and I have no intention of ever playing TF, from what I've heard and seen of it I think it brings more to the table of online MP FPS than ISS does to the open world actioner.

I never thought iSS would outsell TF and I think TF deserves better sales in any case.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

VitroBahllee said:

I'm not surprised, but a lot of people were arguing Infamous SS would crush Titanfall. You'd think it would, being one of the only full retail releases on PS4, a console with a higher install base. But I think the fans were ignoring the fact that being a glowing purple superhero was more niche than Titanfall. Not knocking Infamous, and the game blew away the prior installments in the series. But that's just the thing: the series before had pretty small launch numbers. It's a cool and loved series, just not a huge mainstream one.

Anyway, I know people think I'm against Sony. I am not. I don't want this to seem like I'm bashing them. I have a lot of respect for them and they make a ton of great stuff, PS4 included.

If you're going to make such an outrageous statement, I expect links to posts of people actually saying inFAMOUS would "crush" TitanFall.

Until then, I can't take this thread seriously, as all you're trying to do is start a fanboy war.

jlmurph2 said:
Tabular said:

Titanfall release date: mar 11 (5 days in first week)
Second Son release date: Mar 21 (2 days in first week)
So the Sony exclusive sold more per day even including the staggered international release.

Also, vgchartz tends to be way wrong.
http://insiderp.com/ps4-reaches-7-million-as-infamous-sells-1million.html

Titanfall released March 13th and 14 in everywhere except US. 

LMAO did you really just link insiderp as a source??

I see a lot of Sony folks posting links to InsiDerp. What is InsiDerp?

Around the Network

It was actually very hard to predict which would sell better.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

wary-wallaroo said:

Why would the 'hype fizzle out' for Titanfall? It's a super enjoyable game.

VitroBahllee said:
jlmurph2 said:
Tabular said:

Titanfall release date: mar 11 (5 days in first week)
Second Son release date: Mar 21 (2 days in first week)
So the Sony exclusive sold more per day even including the staggered international release.

Also, vgchartz tends to be way wrong.
http://insiderp.com/ps4-reaches-7-million-as-infamous-sells-1million.html

Titanfall released March 13th and 14 in everywhere except US. 

LMAO did you really just link insiderp as a source??

I see a lot of Sony folks posting links to InsiDerp. What is InsiDerp?

Mediocre site with no credibility that constantly posts wrong numbers claiming them as facts from sources.

EB1994 said:
VitroBahllee said:

I'm not surprised, but a lot of people were arguing Infamous SS would crush Titanfall. You'd think it would, being one of the only full retail releases on PS4, a console with a higher install base. But I think the fans were ignoring the fact that being a glowing purple superhero was more niche than Titanfall. Not knocking Infamous, and the game blew away the prior installments in the series. But that's just the thing: the series before had pretty small launch numbers. It's a cool and loved series, just not a huge mainstream one.

Anyway, I know people think I'm against Sony. I am not. I don't want this to seem like I'm bashing them. I have a lot of respect for them and they make a ton of great stuff, PS4 included.

If you're going to make such an outrageous statement, I expect links to posts of people actually saying inFAMOUS would "crush" TitanFall.

Until then, I can't take this thread seriously, as all you're trying to do is start a fanboy war.

No I'm not. That's rude to say. People were saying it would significantly outsell Titanfall. Which isn't that weird of a prediction, considering the bigger install base of PS4 and lack of a lot of retail-sized games.

VitroBahllee said:
EB1994 said:
VitroBahllee said:

No I'm not. That's rude to say. People were saying it would significantly outsell Titanfall. Which isn't that weird of a prediction, considering the bigger install base of PS4 and lack of a lot of retail-sized games.

Completely disregards my first sentence.