By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Infamous did NOT outsell Titanfall on Xbox One's opening numbers

Nintentacle said:
VitroBahllee said:
Nintentacle said:
700k in 2 days vs 1 million in 4 days... Sounds better to me, but not anything that would be called "crushing". I wonder which one will have better legs?

I was just going off the site's numbers, not whatever numbers you are going off.

That is the sites numbers. 1 million for X1 + PC on Week Ending March 15th (Actaully 5 days of sales), and 700k for Infamous on Week Ending March 22nd (2 days of sales)

Titanfall released on March 13th and 14th in everywhere but US.

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
Nintentacle said:
VitroBahllee said:
Nintentacle said:
700k in 2 days vs 1 million in 4 days... Sounds better to me, but not anything that would be called "crushing". I wonder which one will have better legs?

I was just going off the site's numbers, not whatever numbers you are going off.

That is the sites numbers. 1 million for X1 + PC on Week Ending March 15th (Actaully 5 days of sales), and 700k for Infamous on Week Ending March 22nd (2 days of sales)

Titanfall released on March 13th and 14th in everywhere but US.

Okay. Then I guess we'll know in the future when we see which one has better legs.

Indeed there were some people saying that, I thought TF would rape Infamous since is a multiplayer FPS but it wasn't that big of a difference, great job Sucker Punch.

Titanfall release date: mar 11 (5 days in first week)
Second Son release date: Mar 21 (2 days in first week)
So the Sony exclusive sold more per day even including the staggered international release.

Also, vgchartz tends to be way wrong.
http://insiderp.com/ps4-reaches-7-million-as-infamous-sells-1million.html

"These are the highest quality pixels that anybody has seen"

Tabular said:

Titanfall release date: mar 11 (5 days in first week)
Second Son release date: Mar 21 (2 days in first week)
So the Sony exclusive sold more per day even including the staggered international release.

Also, vgchartz tends to be way wrong.
http://insiderp.com/ps4-reaches-7-million-as-infamous-sells-1million.html

Titanfall released March 13th and 14 in everywhere except US. 

LMAO did you really just link insiderp as a source??

Around the Network
VitroBahllee said:

I'm not surprised, but a lot of people were arguing Infamous SS would crush Titanfall. You'd think it would, being one of the only full retail releases on PS4, a console with a higher install base. But I think the fans were ignoring the fact that being a glowing purple superhero was more niche than Titanfall. Not knocking Infamous, and the game blew away the prior installments in the series. But that's just the thing: the series before had pretty small launch numbers. It's a cool and loved series, just not a huge mainstream one.

Anyway, I know people think I'm against Sony. I am not. I don't want this to seem like I'm bashing them. I have a lot of respect for them and they make a ton of great stuff, PS4 included.

Vitro, I never expected Infamous SS to outsell titanfall, even with the larger install base, but the numbers for inFamous SS are for 2 days not 5 like titanfall so they may be a lot closer than people are thinking they are at launch. Infamous sold well over .5m in 2 days while titanfall sold just under 1m in 5 days. 3 days could make a huge difference in sales numbers. I don't think that inFamous would outsell titanfall, but if it has more sales next week + the .65m that's already reported than titanfall did its first week i'd say its quite likely it did outsell in its launch week...

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

I believe inFamous will still sell more in the long term. Once the Titanfall hype sizzles out, the X1 will be right back to 50-60k weeks while the PS4 will continue steam rolling ahead.

ICStats said:
Myself and other PS fans said Infamous would not outsell Titanfall. I'm surprised Titanfall hasn't sold twice as much as it has tbh.

You are surprised that only 1/4th of Xbone userbase bought Titanfall? You must be kidding, right? You expected every second to buy the game?

wary-wallaroo said:
I believe inFamous will still sell more in the long term. Once the Titanfall hype sizzles out, the X1 will be right back to 50-60k weeks while the PS4 will continue steam rolling ahead.

Two sentences in one post which have close to nothing in common. But I get used to people repeating their opinion over and over again in every post they make.

But well, given the larger userbase PS4 has I wouldn't be surprised if SS sells more in the long term. Doesn't make it a better game, of course.

Let's see what they have sold after one month, then people can't come up with any excuses. Right? :P

I think both has sold great so far. Titanfall with a smaller userbase and inFamous being an adventure game(or rather, not an FPS). I think everyone could agree on this.