By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Infamous did NOT outsell Titanfall on Xbox One's opening numbers

jlmurph2 said:
celador said:
In fairness, most people made the prediction before price cuts and bundles happened.

And like someone else said,maybe post a few links to comments that back up what you are saying

I posted some links a few posts up.

I know you did, and I wasn't really denying people had said those kind of things, each fanbase always makes predictions that are way off.  But it shouldn't be you having to do that, it should be the OP.  There are threads and posts all the time about people doing this and that but rarely is there any links to actual examples.  If there were, half the thread wouldn't  have to be people asking for proof.

Around the Network

Shouldn't it b 5 days vs 5 days sales.. coz based on the current 2 days vs 5 days sales i think Infamous SS did pretty good job compared to TF.. or am i missing something?

taus90 said:
Shouldn't it b 5 days vs 5 days sales.. coz based on the current 2 days vs 5 days sales i think Infamous SS did pretty good job compared to TF.. or am i missing something?

Even with Titanfall releasing on the 13 and 14th of March, it outsold inFamous' first AND second week in the UK. US will be no different since that's the only region that released on the 11th.

700k in 1 day > 1.1 million in 11 days

Tabular said:

Titanfall release date: mar 11 (5 days in first week)
Second Son release date: Mar 21 (2 days in first week)
So the Sony exclusive sold more per day even including the staggered international release.

Also, vgchartz tends to be way wrong.
http://insiderp.com/ps4-reaches-7-million-as-infamous-sells-1million.html

Yes, let's trust the site that looks like it was made during an beginners' HTML course, has pink buttons and cites no sources over the actual widely-trusted sales analytics website.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network
Porcupeth said:

*Sigh* see post above.

jlmurph2 said:
Porcupeth said:

*Sigh* see post above.

I see nothing worth commenting on? WW is what matters, dudebro countries are just one part of the world, and one that i'm gladly not a part of.

Porcupeth said:
jlmurph2 said:
Porcupeth said:

*Sigh* see post above.

I see nothing worth commenting on? WW is what matters, dudebro countries are just one part of the world, and one that i'm gladly not a part of.

They are the majority of inFamous sales, without them it would be a flop. Especially US.

jlmurph2 said:
Porcupeth said:
jlmurph2 said:
Porcupeth said:

*Sigh* see post above.

They are the majority of inFamous sales, without them it would be a flop. Especially US.

Yes..which is why it's WW...you know..the whole world.. like, including US and UK, but also everything else?

jlmurph2 said:
Oh, don't make this thread now, you'll just have people saying Titanfall had 5 days and Infamous had 2 (Even though Titanfall was released on Thursday and Friday in everywhere but US).

But you can surely make the thread again if Infamous 1st + 2nd week (9 days) doesn't end up selling as much as Titanfall's 1st week (2-5 days). Which is looking very likely from UK's numbers.

If you include PC numbers for Titanfall, then sure, but if you mean X1 version only then there is a possibility for Infamous to have outsold Titanfalls first week in 2 weeks and to also have a higher second week then Titanfall (X1). Infamous dropped 67% in its second week in the UK, if we extrapolate that to Europe, NA and the rest of the world then we get a second week of just short of 230k. Of course the overall drop won't be exactly the same as in the UK but with Titanfall the worldwide drop was comparable in percentage to the UKs drop.

Also I don't know why you keep repeating that the game was only in NA released on tuesday, Titanfall got 70% of its sales up till now from NA so it's important to mention that it was available for 5 days in its first week there.