By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Infamous did NOT outsell Titanfall on Xbox One's opening numbers

Porcupeth said:
jlmurph2 said:
Porcupeth said:
jlmurph2 said:
Porcupeth said:
700k in 1 day > 1.1 million in 11 days

*Sigh* see post above.

I see nothing worth commenting on? WW is what matters, dudebro countries are just one part of the world, and one that i'm gladly not a part of.

They are the majority of inFamous sales, without them it would be a flop. Especially US.

Yes..which is why it's WW...you know..the whole world.. like, including US and UK, but also everything else?

You say WW is what matters yet you discredit the two biggest markets. Unless it is a JRPG then THOSE are the markets that decide how well a game does WW.

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
jlmurph2 said:
Oh, don't make this thread now, you'll just have people saying Titanfall had 5 days and Infamous had 2 (Even though Titanfall was released on Thursday and Friday in everywhere but US).

But you can surely make the thread again if Infamous 1st + 2nd week (9 days) doesn't end up selling as much as Titanfall's 1st week (2-5 days). Which is looking very likely from UK's numbers.

If you include PC numbers for Titanfall, then sure, but if you mean X1 version only then there is a possibility for Infamous to have outsold Titanfalls first week in 2 weeks and to also have a higher second week then Titanfall (X1). Infamous dropped 67% in its second week in the UK, if we extrapolate that to Europe, NA and the rest of the world then we get a second week of just short of 230k. Of course the overall drop won't be exactly the same as in the UK but with Titanfall the worldwide drop was comparable in percentage to the UKs drop.

Also I don't know why you keep repeating that the game was only in NA released on tuesday, Titanfall got 70% of its sales up till now from NA so it's important to mention that it was available for 5 days in its first week there.

I was simply making a prediction that is looking likely to happen from looking at UK ISS sales considering their drops compared to the world are slightly lower.

I keep repeating it because when someone mentions something good about US, there's always someone to say "Yet again americans only thinking about US sales". So now people are ONLY referring to the US when regarding Titanfall release date? That's a little bit of hipocrisy. 

jlmurph2 said:
Porcupeth said:
jlmurph2 said:
Porcupeth said:
jlmurph2 said:
Porcupeth said:
700k in 1 day > 1.1 million in 11 days

*Sigh* see post above.

I see nothing worth commenting on? WW is what matters, dudebro countries are just one part of the world, and one that i'm gladly not a part of.

They are the majority of inFamous sales, without them it would be a flop. Especially US.

Yes..which is why it's WW...you know..the whole world.. like, including US and UK, but also everything else?

You say WW is what matters yet you discredit the two biggest markets. Unless it is a JRPG then THOSE are the markets that decide how well a game does WW.

That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. If a game sells 5 million outside of US and UK, 0 in US and UK, then another game sells 4 million in US and UK, 0 everywhere else, the second game won? Yeah, no. What matters WW is WW. It's WW.

Or have you forgotten how it was the countries that i'm talking about right now that "saved" the PS3 and eventually brought it to surpass the 360's numbers? This whole US+UK obsession is ridiculous.

Zappykins said:
I think there was a whole bunch of wishful thinking, and maybe some alcohol involved.

Still wished we could get digital sales. I do think it would tip even more in TitanFall's favor though.

Zappy, you predicted that Titanfall would have a bigger launch than GTAV. You have no right to insult anyone.

OT: Very few people thought that Infamous would outsell Titanfall, it was not a popular opinion. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

jlmurph2 said:
DerNebel said:
jlmurph2 said:
Oh, don't make this thread now, you'll just have people saying Titanfall had 5 days and Infamous had 2 (Even though Titanfall was released on Thursday and Friday in everywhere but US).

But you can surely make the thread again if Infamous 1st + 2nd week (9 days) doesn't end up selling as much as Titanfall's 1st week (2-5 days). Which is looking very likely from UK's numbers.

If you include PC numbers for Titanfall, then sure, but if you mean X1 version only then there is a possibility for Infamous to have outsold Titanfalls first week in 2 weeks and to also have a higher second week then Titanfall (X1). Infamous dropped 67% in its second week in the UK, if we extrapolate that to Europe, NA and the rest of the world then we get a second week of just short of 230k. Of course the overall drop won't be exactly the same as in the UK but with Titanfall the worldwide drop was comparable in percentage to the UKs drop.

Also I don't know why you keep repeating that the game was only in NA released on tuesday, Titanfall got 70% of its sales up till now from NA so it's important to mention that it was available for 5 days in its first week there.

I was simply making a prediction that is looking likely to happen from looking at UK ISS sales considering their drops compared to the world are slightly lower.

I keep repeating it because when someone mentions something good about US, there's always someone to say "Yet again americans only thinking about US sales". So now people are ONLY referring to the US when regarding Titanfall release date? That's a little bit of hipocrisy. 

You realize that the only thing separating Infamous and Titanfall sales are US (11 days vs 1 day) numbers right? Rest of the world already favours Infamous and Europe is only 60k copies behind (and it won't be behind anymore next week). That's why the Tuesday release is relevant. Because the US is what's giving it its WW lead. For now

Around the Network
Porcupeth said:
jlmurph2 said:
DerNebel said:
jlmurph2 said:

You realize that the only thing separating Infamous and Titanfall sales are US (11 days vs 1 day) numbers right? Rest of the world already favours Infamous and Europe is only 60k copies behind (and it won't be behind anymore next week). That's why the Tuesday release is relevant. Because the US is what's giving it its WW lead. For now

Wrong, Europe TF 1st week 222k, ISS 1st week 215k

US isn't the ONLY thing separating them when the UK had TF nearly doubling Infamous sales in the EXACT same amount of time. 

VitroBahllee said:

I'm not surprised, but a lot of people were arguing Infamous SS would crush Titanfall. You'd think it would, being one of the only full retail releases on PS4, a console with a higher install base. But I think the fans were ignoring the fact that being a glowing purple superhero was more niche than Titanfall. Not knocking Infamous, and the game blew away the prior installments in the series. But that's just the thing: the series before had pretty small launch numbers. It's a cool and loved series, just not a huge mainstream one.

Anyway, I know people think I'm against Sony. I am not. I don't want this to seem like I'm bashing them. I have a lot of respect for them and they make a ton of great stuff, PS4 included.

It was bundled free with the console, x1 had a price cut and still never outsold Infamous by much. Titanfall was also out on a Tuesday, Infamous on Friday so more days of sales for TF, they were close sales wise.

Zappykins said:
I think there was a whole bunch of wishful thinking, and maybe some alcohol involved.

Still wished we could get digital sales. I do think it would tip even more in TitanFall's favor though.

Infamous was up for digital pre-order for 4 weeks, TF was not available digitally prior to launch......

Titanfall was always destined to do better. Hyped up, new IP FPS from the makers of Call of Duty 4 with mechs.

Titanfall will also outsell Infamous in the long run.

You mean a massive hyped FPS " made by COD dev " marketed as an exclusive, offered in bundle with the console and a price cut outsold an exclusive open world ? Such an achievement
It's impressive that Infamous sold so much, the difference is only 200k

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m