By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - I was frozen today!!!!!!

CDiablo said:
Adults love these Pixar/Dreamworks, ect movies, no need to be embarrased. I personally find all of them excruciating to sit through, but I do so because others love them so much. I remember liking Toy Story 1(dont remember 2 and thought 3 sucked and was kind of depressing) and everyone says I need to see the Incredibles(though people said that about Wall E, which was abysmal).

You do need to see The Incredibles.  That's an animated movie for real men!  Go see it.  Now.

Around the Network

Glad to see that more people think Frozen is a cool movie! =)

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

The only animated movie i'll be watching is Incredibles 2 when it comes out.

I don't know why, but I just hated Frozen. I almost turned it off several times while I was watching it. Everything was rushed. The emotions felt fake and forced. The jokes were sub-par at best. It felt like it was just all the Rapunzel leftovers that weren't good enough for the movie compressed into its own movie.

8th gen predictions. (made early 2014)
PS4: 60-65m
WiiU: 30-35m
X1: 30-35m
3DS: 80-85m
PSV: 15-20m

Mystro-Sama said:

You won't watch Kung Fu Panda 3, the Penguins of Madagascar, Minions, Despicable Me 3, Finding Dory or the Peanuts Movie? Those all come out in the next 3 years, probably before Incredibles 2. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
MoHasanie said:
Mystro-Sama said:

You won't watch Kung Fu Panda 3, the Penguins of Madagascar, Minions, Despicable Me 3, Finding Dory or the Peanuts Movie? Those all come out in the next 3 years, probably before Incredibles 2. 

Probably not :/

Incredibles is my bread and butter though.

LemonSlice said:
Acevil said:

Why is that funny? Oh, Nostalgia Critic said it was funny, nvm.

It is the chat topic, so I thought it was relevant. Also NC can be funny, not the biggest fan of TGWTG, but NC can be really funny. 

Acevil said:
LemonSlice said:
Acevil said:

Why is that funny? Oh, Nostalgia Critic said it was funny, nvm.

It is the chat topic, so I thought it was relevant. Also NC can be funny, not the biggest fan of TGWTG, but NC can be really funny. 

Our tastes differ, but that's perfectly fine I guess.

I liked Frozen, but I thought it had major problems:
1) Elsa, as the queen, has responsablility over her people, that she is not taking. Admittedly, at first she doesn't now she is freezing everybody. But after Anna tells her, what does she do? -Chase her forcefully away with a dangerous icegolem. "Don't you want to help your people?" "Eww, no, mabey I hurt somebody. I just let them freez to death, that is going to solve the problem." Conclusion: The villian of the movie had to drag her back so that the plot can move forward and that she can save everybody. Elsa: "I would have let you all die." People: "Yay! Lets go ice skating."
2) Hans being the bad guy does feel like an easy way out. It would have been good enough without a bad guy at all. The old weasel-dude could have been it. It was clear as day, that Christoph could not have been it, since we saw him as a sweet little child playing around. Annas feelings for Hans were just facile. She realizing that on her own and having to cope with the emotionally difficult situation to teach Hans about her true feelings, and Hans being sad and broken would have been a more grown up way. But no, lets make Anna blind and let her wallow in self-denial. And so Hans has to yet again step in and save the day so that Anna can realize her true feelings. Very, very convenient.
Minor things:
3) Anna punching Hans off of the boat. Thats super dangerous. The dude is bigger and taller than her. Why not give her a helping hand in Elsa, her sister with super-strong icepowers, or in Christoph, that big hunk. That is just Disney trying too hard to show everybody that they are embracing gender-equality.
4) Olaf feeling the need to explain the plot to the viewer. I don't mind him explaining it to other charakters, but just looking into the camera and saying stuff feels cheap and constructed.

PS: Awesome movie-reference: I was frozen today!! Suburban Commando - One of my chilhood favourites.
PPS: I had to create an account for this. Hello VGChartz-Community!! :)