By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Does X1 need Europe or Japan this gen?

MS doesn't want to disappoint those four loyal fans they have in Japan so that's why the One is getting released there.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Ideally Microsoft could do with a partner for Japan and a restyled more compact console. They should wait perhaps until the second generation of xbox one and launch it much more tailored to Japan with perhaps more bundled games and a choice of colours for the console. It's not just Japan the xbox one could sell to in Asia there are many other countries there that could do well for Xbox one. China and many countries there buy American brand cars that sell badly in Europe. No reason they couldn't sell a lot more xbox one's into Asia.

Xbox one is a long way behind PS4 and can't afford to allow PS4 regions where the xbox one doesn't compete at all. If PS4 becomes the dominant format then developers will concentrate on ps4 which already has a huge technical advantage over xbox one. If developers prioritise ps4 the xbox one versions of games will be even weaker again because they won't put the same effort in.

Europe yes, japan no...I don't why they kepp trying to expand into Japan...you'd think they get the message after two gens.

spurgeonryan said:
arcane_chaos said:
Europe yes, japan no...I don't why they kepp trying to expand into Japan...you'd think they get the message after two gens.

Yet with one game, not even including a price cut yet, they were able to dominate without Europe and Japan. So are you sure they need Europe?

They're gonna need Europe as Sony is going to chew into MS's american sales from last gen.

kowenicki said:

Europe? it needs to do reasonably well and it will.

I see no reason to believe that. Pretty sure US and UK will be its only lifeline.

Around the Network

without all 3 they'll never be the global no1. Whether that matters to MS overall is a completely different matter.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Luckily X1 and PS4 are almost identical in hardware design, so PS4 developers do get a X1 port for free without real extra effort. Else it would not make sense for Japanese developers like Square Enix and Capcom to port their games to X1 at all if the X1 cannot compete in Japan and Europe.

arcane_chaos said:

Like I said before.. They are simply trying to make those 4 remaining fans in Japan really happy!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Japan is a lost cause. EU is going to be touch, it definitely wont catch up with PS4 but should hold its own. If MS manages to get 75% of PS4 EU sales, it should be considered a good result.

Only a matter of time before XO overtakes PS4 in NA.

No doubt japan is going to be a hard battle to win, but Microsoft does have the resources to make a huge push their, it is going to take a mighty effort that much is clear