By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Does X1 need Europe or Japan this gen?

Japan, no. It's a waste of time for Microsoft. Both the PS4 and WiiU are struggling over there, I can't even imagine how bad the XBO will do.

Europe, definitely. It's way too big to ignore.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network

Need them for what?
To be the top selling console globally? Yes.
To be profitable? No.

North America is big enough on its own to make a system a solid second place and be classified as a success.

Europe, hell yes, Japan, hell no

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Japan, no. Europe, obviously yes.

I agree with you, Microsoft's main focus should be US+UK. The rest is lost, even the price cut and TF didn't move (enough) consoles in the other countries.

Around the Network

It needs every territory it can if MS wants to be within spitting distance of the PS4 this gen.

spurgeonryan said:

and besides the "supposed" extra power the PS4 has over the X1, it will not be enough to be over taken.

Long live Microsoft!

I don't get you sometimes Spurge.

they need everybody cause every console sold counts...

now that being said they need Europe to make more profit and keep their worldwide empire rolling for the next decades...

they need japan to get Japanese studios to dev for XB to atract japanese games fan in US and europe....

but I think USA then Europe then emerging markets then Japan are the way to go when it comes to effort with maybe emerging markets taking second place early on during launch window and then Europe in the long run to maintain sales....

Does japan need X1 (or want it) more to the point.

Bluntly? Its a home console, so not really.
Its an Xbox, so not really plus "no" gives you your answer.

It need Europe. Mainland EU is pretty much ignoring the x1 close to last gen japan levels. There is no way it can be profitable by just focusing on North america and the UK.