By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Does X1 need Europe or Japan this gen?

kowenicki said:
Japan?... doesn't need it at all (360 proves that), but hey, every console counts.

Europe? it needs to do reasonably well and it will.

The ONE will do just fine.

I agree, but I do hope that the Xone doesn't outpace the PS4 in the US and UK nearly as much as the 360 did last gen. I think more equality in sales in those areas will result in better parity and hopefully less exclusive content deals in lieu of more exclusive titles on both systems. Though if I had my way I'd be able to play Ryse, Dead Rising, Killzone, and inFamous all on the same system :-p

Talal said:
I will permaban myself if the game releases in 2014.

in reference to KH3 release date

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

It is obvious that gamers were just waiting for the right game to pick up their beloved X1.  Now that the PS4 hype has seemed to wane, gamers have gone in numbers to buy the X1. If I am not mistaken this was done before the price cut as well. Just think how crazy it will be with the new price cut!

So now the sales will go up even more. So Japan and European sales do not matter. America loves Microsoft! 300 million plus unified people are hard to dismiss...like Nintendo does. We are loyal in America! That is why w have not over thrown our Presidents yet.

The games will keep coming..

and besides the "supposed" extra power the PS4 has over the X1, it will not be enough to be over taken.

Long live Microsoft!

Sadly, I asted money on the Wii U and 20 games, so I cannot get a X1 just yet. But bully for the rest of you who have one!

lol....but I was told that this weeks 220K sales were due to increased supply, not a game (that game being Infamous). If people bought 220K in a week in late March not because of a "beloved game" but simply because the console was available, I doubt the "hype has waned". Unless 220K a week will be the norm....then the XBone is in trouble once its sales go back to normal.

but to answer your question: Japan? No, XBone is too America centric (just looks at its EU sales) in its intention (all that TV stuff) and its games. If the 360 is any indication, the XBone won't sell squat in Japan anyway. Europe? Yes, if it wants to remain in the race. It can sell well in America, but right now, the PS4 is selling better there too. Original Xbox sold well in America too, that didn't stop the PS2 from getting all the big games, leaving the Xbox in the dust. If PS4 has majority marketshare in America and overwhelming marketshare in Europe, devs will just ignore the XBone like they ignored the original Xbox. The numbers just won't be there to justify making XBone games. Xbone needs Europe to at least pick up some slack and make its unit sales respectable

Rose colored glasses?

Problem is they aren't even winning America either. They need a new Titanfall every week I guess.

Last gen they had a year head start on Sony and the PS3 still closed the gap despite its poor start. This time around Sony is off to an amazing start and there is no head start. On top of that a lot of previous Microsoft fans like me have migrated over to owning a PS4 instead of a One.

I'm not trying to sound like a fanboy because all my friends are still on 360 and I still play mine a good bit. But posts like the OP here is a perfect example of how people are going to believe whatever they want to.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Europe, hell yes, Japan, hell no

Once you entered you won't be the same anymore. A blog about life.

http://seetheworlddifferent.wordpress.com/

I don't see anyway MS doesn't loose a massive amount of their install base. In Europe, they did around 25 million with the X360 based on a lower price, better press, and having 18 months to themselves. The PS3 still caught up and outsold them there. I fully expect the X1's European install base to shrink massively. Outside the UK, it'll be largely irrelevant. 10-15 million overall at best.

In NA, as a best case scenario they'll keep up with the PS4. This will still represent a massive loose of install base (unless you think both consoles can sell 45 million units this gen in NA). More than likely, let's be generous and say they do 30 million each, that's a shrink of 15+ for Xbox. Outside of that, let's say it does 5 million or so in other territories. 40 million or so is MS' best case scenario (again, only if they're able to keep up with PS4 in NA).

Around the Network

I dont want to disappoint you Ryan, but its very unlikely the X1 can overtake the PS4. And i thought the US population was 200m.
Though, i'm still amazed at how fast your opinion changes. I still remember the day you sold your 3DS, just to regret it a few months later. If what you want is the winning system you cant go wrong with the PS4. Just make sure that whatever you choose you dont come to regret it...

sales2099 said:
Well if they can win NA then I will feel superior to 90% of PS fans on this site, since they all happen to live in NA.

No victory overseas helps them losing where they live after all.

so the way you value yourself and set your self esteam is based on how much your prefered console sells in  the USA? 

bananaking21 said:
sales2099 said:
Well if they can win NA then I will feel superior to 90% of PS fans on this site, since they all happen to live in NA.

No victory overseas helps them losing where they live after all.

so the way you value yourself and set your self esteam is based on how much your prefered console sells in  the USA? 

Isn't it amazing what fanboyism does to someone? It's friggen hilarious.

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

The only point in even launching in Japan is so they can get third party support from Japanese developers. All MS needs to do is win in the US and do respectable numbers in Europe both of which will probably happen.

I hope so because i want to game with the Xbox brand for years to come as i do with playstation.