By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One... An Unstoppable Beast?? Predictions Inside

Who let you out of your cage? Now with you back, along with Nintentacle and avigo, we'll have simple thought topics filling up the front page.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

I eat toast like you for breakfast

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

And what will happen when the Titanfall hype starts dying out?

random15 said:
Oh boy...

That's why we hate love toastboy!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Every second that PS4 is in a country and XB1 is not the more drastically it will get whipped by.
Its the reason Xbox went from 20 mill to 80 mil.
If people have a PS4 the only reason they would have to buy an XB1 is exclusives, and lets face it. Xbox doesn't have a lot of those.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
Every second that PS4 is in a country and XB1 is not the more drastically it will get whipped by.
Its the reason Xbox went from 20 mill to 80 mil.
If people have a PS4 the only reason they would have to buy an XB1 is exclusives, and lets face it. Xbox doesn't have a lot of those.

Or if the like the idea of Kine...Kin.....I can't even finish that sentence with a straight face.

Welcome back Toastboy!

Once you entered you won't be the same anymore. A blog about life.

http://seetheworlddifferent.wordpress.com/

I wouldn't call it an unstoppable beast either. Nice to see sales picking up a bit for those of you who care about the One though. PS4 seems to be the more unstoppable beast to me, leading Xbox by like 2.4 million consoles.

Beasting in every country? I don't think so. And it isn't a $500 console anymore. In fact with the bundled game it's the same price as PS4. So price is no longer a competetive advantage for PS4. In fact here in NZ where new release games are over $100 and the TF Xb one bundle only $50 more than PS4 it means Xb one is now cheaper than PS4, if you buy certain bundled games.

I guess price parity has now been largely achieved and it will be interesting to see how Xb one fares. MS had to achieve some sort of price parity with PS4 before the September launch countries because Xb one would be DOA in those countries if it was still 20% more expensive than PS4. In pretty much all of the September launch countries PS3 beat 360 quite handily, so a more expensive Xb one than PS4 would sell like total crap. Even so, launch week in those countries might give Xb one a 30K boost for the week, but after that those countries will be only good for 5K or so a week. I wouldn't get all excited about how those September launch countries are going to change anything.

This generation, much more than last, MS will be relying on USA to make Xb one relevant. And Market share will be even for Xb one and PS4.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
Beasting in every country? I don't think so. And it isn't a $500 console anymore. In fact with the bundled game it's the same price as PS4. So price is no longer a competetive advantage for PS4. In fact here in NZ where new release games are over $100 and the TF Xb one bundle only $50 more than PS4 it means Xb one is now cheaper than PS4, if you buy certain bundled games.

I guess price parity has now been largely achieved and it will be interesting to see how Xb one fares. MS had to achieve some sort of price parity with PS4 before the September launch countries because Xb one would be DOA in those countries if it was still 20% more expensive than PS4. In pretty much all of the September launch countries PS3 beat 360 quite handily, so a more expensive Xb one than PS4 would sell like total crap. Even so, launch week in those countries might give Xb one a 30K boost for the week, but after that those countries will be only good for 5K or so a week. I wouldn't get all excited about how those September launch countries are going to change anything.

This generation, much more than last, MS will be relying on USA to make Xb one relevant. And Market share will be even for Xb one and PS4.

Well it is $500, albiet with constant incentives like free games and temporary price cuts (except UK). Relatively cheap methods to up the value without actually dropping the price. Brilliant business moves on their part.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.