By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Fellow VGC Members, We Are Being Abused

Tagged games:

Are we being abused?

Yes. 37 66.07%

No, but my opinion doesn't matter. 19 33.93%

Total:56

I have complained about thus numerous times!

Around the Network

I'm not sure if "abuse" is the right word, but this site has in many ways gotten worse over the past few years. Not the community; I love it as much as ever. But the website's tools have generally become fewer, and the "Pro" thing is seemingly long forgotten.

And is it just me, or has the database not updated despite a new week's data being available for over a week now? I want to do threads about sales using VGChartz data, but I can't because the darn database isn't updated!

On a random note, as a pre-2010 member, I find this funny coming from somebody who joined late 2011. No offense Ninpie.

Love and tolerate.

Salnax said:
I'm not sure if "abuse" is the right word, but this site has in many ways gotten worse over the past few years. Not the community; I love it as much as ever. But the website's tools have generally become fewer, and the "Pro" thing is seemingly long forgotten.

And is it just me, or has the database not updated despite a new week's data being available for over a week now? I want to do threads about sales using VGChartz data, but I can't because the darn database isn't updated!

On a random note, as a pre-2010 member, I find this funny coming from somebody who joined late 2011. No offense Ninpie.

Why would I take offense to this? I witnessed the decline even though I joined in 2011. 2012 is when things really got bad. Do you remember the whole thing with them seperating the sites and also removing our DB? Yeah, I was here for that!

@Peh-Zeus; you would think so. Isn't this what he used to do anyway?

VGChartz was awesome back in the day since it had everything in one place: sales, news with a biased/flamebait touch (gamrfeed), reviews, the database, active admins, and no annoying ads. Now, the majority of that stuff is gone, and VGC doesn't have much to set itself apart from the other sites aside from sales (which is more limited than before).

There's only two things I would love to see in VGC (but won't happen):

1. Mobile site

2. Eliminate all the subforums,and just have general, gaming, sales and website forum. Every subforum has their own official threads, so what's the point of those forums?

We are all masochist.

Around the Network

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ NEW LAYOUT or RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Well I'm fine, since I never experienced Game DB and that stuff.

I don't like those video ads that sometime runs on the forums. I understand why ads are necessary that is why I don't use adblock, I don't mind them as long as they are not intrusive and video ads are intrusive.

My complaint is that soemtimes the site takes ages to load and don't like how users can get banned for the slightest thing to apoint that its emabrassing. At times when i see that happens,, it feels liek i am going back to highschool lol. Apart from that the site is awesome

My biggest gripe is the games DB.