By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Titanfall bundle for 450 at Walmart

Awww sheesh, ya'll! Reminds me of when I got my PS3 with MGS4 for like $400 AND a free $100 gift card. Something I was gonna buy anyway but Wal-Mart made the deal even sweeter!!

Around the Network
g911turbo said:
Machiavellian said:
gergroy said:
if it was 400 I'd be sold! I have set that as my jump in point for the x1...

Interesting enough I have also put that as my price point as well.  I have the money to burn as soon as that price point is reached.

So you guys want it to be 400 WITH a game.  Damn.  You drive hard bargains lol.

Here is how I look at the X1 situation.  I believe during christmas, MS will have a 100 dollar off promotion to sell as many units during that time.  They did this with the 360 and the way the PS4 is selling, I see MS doing the same.  Because I have this belief its hard for me to pull the trigger on an X1 unless I see a 100 price cut promotion.  I can easily wait since I have a 360, PS3, Wii, Vita and DS (yes, I love games).

I am looking at the market with a pragmatic view that MS will need to keep making such promotions because of how well the PS4 is selling.  For the PS4, I do not see Sony changing cutting or promotting anything because demand is high.

EB1994 said:
Great deal for those who have yet to jump on the next gen wagon!

More like the devil wanting to make a deal.....

For someone who's interested in Titianfall it's a pretty good deal, me though i am waiting on more interesting games for both consoles before i buy either the PS$ or the Xbox One. I'm still working my way through last gen games as well as the handheld offerings anyways.

painmaster212 said:
For someone who's interested in Titianfall it's a pretty good deal, me though i am waiting on more interesting games for both consoles before i buy either the PS$ or the Xbox One. I'm still working my way through last gen games as well as the handheld offerings anyways.

Patience can def be rewarding financially.  Too bad I have none :(

Around the Network

They need to do this everywhere as then the XB1 would essentially be the same price as the PS4, only you're forced to get Titanfall as your first game, but seeing how everyone loves Call of Duty, that shouldn't be much of a negative.

g911turbo said:
gergroy said:
if it was 400 I'd be sold! I have set that as my jump in point for the x1...

Well technically you are getting a month of live and a game too.  So the console only is around 400 in value with this deal.

You're buying a special edition cardboard box at the $450 discount and a non-tranferable digital copy of the game that once redeemed, is used up. 

Paying $400 for a basic SKU and another $60 for a retail copy of the game means no special box, but a hard copy of the game that could be traded or exchanged at used value. 

And of course, someone in the market for an XB1 with no interest in Titanfall could simply buy anything else after paying $400 for the console. 

The bundles generally only make sense for those who were planning on buying the game with their console, unless the manufacturer simply gives the game away at no additional cost. Even if never redeemed, it didn't cost the consumer anything extra. 

At any rate, $450 for the Titanfall bundle is a very good value.

I'd still prefer $400 for a basic SKU (unrealistic at current manufacturing cost unless I expect MS to take a $100 hit off cost), but currently, it's looking like MS will move as quickly as they can to make that happen and remain about even on production cost.

I would say these moves practically confirm that MS will make a big push on price for the next holiday season.
Of course, Sony can do likewise just to cement their position, knowing that will disproportionately benefit them, given the organic demand for PS4.
Especially if MS does go with a Kinect-less SKU just for sustainable price competitiveness,
they can plausibly beat Sony for marketshare in US, even if the global picture is a major shift from last gen.

The "surprise" popularity of PS4's camera makes me suspect they will be strongly ramping up production there, and that could see a price drop as well.

Any news if this deal gonna hit Canada ?