By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Pictures Shutters Interactive Division, Prepare to announce layoffs in Studio Operations

Max King of the Wild said:
Im a Sony fan and Sony isnt my favorite company. What an absolute asinine thing to say. Also, there is no need for Sony fans to give a shit about news and acting like people should let this effect their gaming taste is just plain stupid thing to do

You should be used to these type of things by now from the OP =P.

OT - Always sad to see people being laid off. 

Around the Network

You can just hear the glee in the OP's words that Sony are struggling and another thousand people are unemployed from a company that he clearly doesn't care for.

Classy stuff, keep it up.

Sony fans continue to ignore the desperate financial situation Sony is in? I'm pretty sure the fans know of the situation of Sony, what do you expect them to do? Not be happy about great sales of the PS4 or TLOU? Act as if Sony is dead already and not buy their stuff? End every post about the Playstation they make with "but Sony is in a desperate situation financially"?

Also the PS4 is not sold at a large loss, it's sold at a pretty small loss which is why Sonys gaming division managed to profit in the PS4s first quarter (the first PS to do this).

Overall your addition to the OP is pretty bad.

Carl2291 said:
Those pesky Sony fans.

I look forward to the day when Microsoft buy the PlayStation brand.

that will never happen Sony would pull a Sega and just be a 3rd party developer.

EspadaGrim said:

that will never happen Sony would pull a Sega and just be a 3rd party developer.

In which case I look forward to the day when Microsoft buys timed exclusive DLC for Uncharted.

Around the Network
celador said:
You can just hear the glee in the OP's words that Sony are struggling and another thousand people are unemployed from a company that he clearly doesn't care for.

Classy stuff, keep it up.

Too true lol. Sad to see people "happy" about people being laid off, but ah well, what can you do right lol.

They are way too big and way too broke to afford all these workers.
Lay them off and keep what you need to run efficiently.

Wow, amazing how quickly people are impugning my motivations or tone. I'm sorry Sony is in such dire financial straits and are forced to keep laying off people from their divisions, including the gaming division. I feel sorry for the hard working individuals who are put out of a job because of the company's money-losing strategies. But acting like I'm a jerk for posting this news here or that I'm somehow happy that innocent people are out of a job is uncalled for. This is news that ought to be reported, and insulting me isn't helpful.

How is what I say uncalled for? Sony sold major buildings, including their original headquarters, closed over two thirds of their US retail locations, laid off a huge amount of one of their game studios, and then a couple weeks later, this is announced. And they are still posting a multi-billion dollar loss for the year, while their hit video game console loses them a small amount of money for each system sold. Why exactly should I sugarcoat this for people who don't want to hear it?

This is where your novelty on this site shows. The article and news is fine. It's your biased jab and unnecessary comments added that is the problem. Keep those comments up and see what happens.

Sony is just listening to the advice they are being given. They didn't do a very good job on their own as we have seen over the years.

Wanting a company to go out of business simply out of spite doesn't make you look good.