By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Pictures Shutters Interactive Division, Prepare to announce layoffs in Studio Operations

badgenome said:
Carl2291 said:

In which case I look forward to the day when Microsoft buys timed exclusive DLC for Uncharted.

Why timed exclusive? Sony would be a third party developer, so it's not like they'd be making games for Nintendo systems.

Ouya, obviously.

Around the Network
VitroBahllee said:

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/economy/sony-pictures-announce-layoffs-studio-operations-source-n54981

Sony fans continue to ignore the desperate financial situation their favorite company faces as massive layoffs are announced. Large 'at a loss' sales of their new console can't possibly patch their bleeding finances.

Where in your source does the word "massive" appear?

What does it have to do with selling consoles?

Where is your source for "large at a loss"?

drkohler said:
VitroBahllee said:

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/economy/sony-pictures-announce-layoffs-studio-operations-source-n54981

Sony fans continue to ignore the desperate financial situation their favorite company faces as massive layoffs are announced. Large 'at a loss' sales of their new console can't possibly patch their bleeding finances.

What does it have to do with selling consoles?

Where is your source for "large at a loss"?

Other sources report the number of laid off employees at 1,000.

The company's solvency is important, but this is a 'Sony news' section. (Interactive division is completely shuttered in this news, by the way).

Large sales of the console, at a loss for each console.

That's too bad... But, it's another example of how even Sonys "good" divisions can't make money. Wasn't it the movie, insurance and gaming? Well, looks like they'll have to rely on insurance and playstation.... But make no mistake: Sony is hurting, bad, and I still see them going bankrupt, or bought out. As long as I keep getting games for my ps4, I couldn't care less.

BaldrSkies said:

Ouya, obviously.

Ouya already went third party, man. It's not even exclusive to itself anymore!

Around the Network

Layoffs are bad... in a peasant mind.

Nintendo 2018

English is not my native language.
drkohler said:

In his defense, it is hard to read and masturbate at the same time.

VitroBahllee said:

Other sources report the number of laid off employees at 1,000.

The company's solvency is important, but this is a 'Sony news' section. (Interactive division is completely shuttered in this news, by the way).

Large sales of the console, at a loss for each console.

They make money back from accessories (Dualshock 4, PlayStation Camera, PS4 stand etc) and from sales of software (games). Pretty sure they're doing fine in the console business, didn't they report a profit last quarter for it? I think so.

I am a fan of all the gaming companies. So why would I care about the financials of any of them???? As long as they make enough money to keep making me more games and HW I am fine with however much they make.

badgenome said:
drkohler said:

In his defense, it is hard to read and masturbate at the same time.

How do you know this Badge? From experience??  ^^ =P