By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Japan Developers Don't Get US Gamers

roman838892 said:
Classic example of Nintendo fans making anti sony threads. If this were the opposite the person would be banned for anti Nintendo post. What a joke.

I thought Gooch was a Sony fan.. Why did he convert to Nintendo?

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
AZWification said:
roman838892 said:
Classic example of Nintendo fans making anti sony threads. If this were the opposite the person would be banned for anti Nintendo post. What a joke.

I thought Gooch was a Sony fan.. Why did he convert to Nintendo?

Lol I didn't.

Haha wrong thread. I was on the thread about Xbox out selling sony in the us and uk. My apologies

I would swear Xenoblade was written by a western author. Very relatable. Many FF games are too - 4 and 6 in particular.

90% of all Japanese games are basically for Otakus, so I completely agree with him in that regard.

However, the issue of Japanese people not being interested in foreign cultures is not something that only applies to Japan. How many U.S citizens know what's beyond their borders? How many even care? They barely know that Mexico is below them and that Canada is above them, the rest of the world doesn't exist for them. In most Latin American countries the same applies, many people here doesn't care much about the rest of the world. I would dare say that based on my experiences talking with many people from different countries (plus visiting some of them) Europeans are, in general, the more knowledgeable in terms of different cultures. So congrats to them. 

Nintendo and PC gamer

Around the Network
TheLastStarFighter said:
I would swear Xenoblade was written by a western author. Very relatable. Many FF games are too - 4 and 6 in particular.

He brought up a very interesting point (although he didn't go into much detail because he wants to make an episode about it), that all FF games 8 and forward are basically made for an Otaku mentality. I look forward to that episode if he makes it.

Nintendo and PC gamer

Am i the only one that cant take these youtube videos seriously?

Link me news articles, link me trailers or actual testemonies. This? This is nothing. Some nobody making interpretations.

osed125 said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

He brought up a very interesting point (although he didn't go into much detail because he wants to make an episode about it), that all FF games 8 and forward are basically made for an Otaku mentality. I look forward to that episode if he makes it.

How are IX or X in any way for an Otaku mentality?

Nem said:

Am i the only one that cant take these youtube videos seriously?

Link me news articles, link me trailers or actual testemonies. This? This is nothing. Some nobody making interpretations.

Using that stupid helium voice effect doesn't help.

fuck getting the west... there are enough western studios for that... why would i want 2 exact thing. i like variety. you dont want to play games that would generally cater "japanese" market? then play the games that western studios get you. why are people so against variety. its amazing.