By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - February 2014 NPD Thread! PS4: 285k, XBO: 258k, Wii U: 82k

PS4 still won, but closer than expected. I think I might be more interested in April than March lol, wanna see if Titanfall permanently increases sales.

Around the Network
MikeRox said:
tbone51 said:
pezus said:
DerNebel said:
pezus said:
I am surprised that both Nintendo and MS have already given their PR. Now we wait for Sony, I'm sure they'll write something down since PS4 is first and infamous is coming

Well they still have that pesky little Vita, which they probably have nothing positive to share about.

Didn't stop Nintendo from writing something about 3DS almost exclusively before

When was the last time Sony had anything to even say about the vita? Even if nintendo didn't say anything we still know that its doing good, just nowhere near as much as it did in the past.

Do Sony have anything to do with the Vita in the US?

Is that a joke? Vita is a product from Sony. they do state ps3+ps4 #s last time i checked :-/

Titanfall beta started in Feburary too, so that might have been a motivator for getting some extra people on board in Feb.

From GAF:

LTD in the U.S.

PS4: ~2.56 million
X1: ~2.22 million
Wii U: ~2.23 million

RolStoppable said:
Seece said:

Weak excuse based on little evidence. You're aware that every February sees higher sales because of the tax thing in America right?

Not an excuse, merely a possibility.

Sure, tax returns happen during February, but it's a bit hard to believe that the Xbox One is the only system to really benefit from it (unless other leaked numbers show otherwise) and so much at that.

Look at it this way: If Xbox One sales aren't NPD adjustments, March will be really good. If March is disappointing, you have already an excuse.

PS4 is marred by stock shortages, and WiiU, Vita and 3DS are systems that are simply not in demand/popular in the US.

March is always down over Feb, nice try.

Around the Network

Man, imagine if Microsoft swallow their pride and take a small loss pricing the Xone at 449 or 439, it would be insane.

tbone51 said:
MikeRox said:

Is that a joke? Vita is a product from Sony. they do state ps3+ps4 #s last time i checked :-/

Don't worry, it was a dig at SCEA. NISA and XSEED seem more involved in Vita in the US than Sony :/

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

So, can I get full on HW/SW cliffs? None in OP.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Thank the Lord. Great sales for PS4 and XBO. I hope they both sell neck and neck from March onwards.

About damn time people started picking up the Xbox One. March should be a great month.

On another note, I hope this brings and end to those nonsense ''gamespot'' or ''amazon'' chart threads where XBO is tracking dozens of places behind PS4. 

tbone51 said:
MikeRox said:
tbone51 said:
pezus said:
DerNebel said:
pezus said:
I am surprised that both Nintendo and MS have already given their PR. Now we wait for Sony, I'm sure they'll write something down since PS4 is first and infamous is coming

Well they still have that pesky little Vita, which they probably have nothing positive to share about.

Didn't stop Nintendo from writing something about 3DS almost exclusively before

When was the last time Sony had anything to even say about the vita? Even if nintendo didn't say anything we still know that its doing good, just nowhere near as much as it did in the past.

u sure u talking about sony? and what is a vita? is it food?or a new TV?