By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - February 2014 NPD Thread! PS4: 285k, XBO: 258k, Wii U: 82k

pezus said:
DerNebel said:
pezus said:
I am surprised that both Nintendo and MS have already given their PR. Now we wait for Sony, I'm sure they'll write something down since PS4 is first and infamous is coming

Well they still have that pesky little Vita, which they probably have nothing positive to share about.

Didn't stop Nintendo from writing something about 3DS almost exclusively before

When was the last time Sony had anything to even say about the vita? Even if nintendo didn't say anything we still know that its doing good, just nowhere near as much as it did in the past.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
osed125 said:
RolStoppable said:

Perhaps an NPD adjustment month. If they mess up in previous months, they post an unusually high or low amount to bring the lifetime numbers in line with reality.

Has that actually happened before?

Yes, and it's typically February when this happens as the holiday period plus the following January are the most prone to error. Xbox One shooting up over 100k units based on nothing is more than just a little bit strange.

Tax refund time in the US. Given that the X1 is quite expensive, it's quite likely it got the biggest bump from tax refund time as probably more than a few people were holding off until Febuary to get one because of this. 

pezus said:
DerNebel said:
pezus said:
I am surprised that both Nintendo and MS have already given their PR. Now we wait for Sony, I'm sure they'll write something down since PS4 is first and infamous is coming

Well they still have that pesky little Vita, which they probably have nothing positive to share about.

Didn't stop Nintendo from writing something about 3DS almost exclusively before

Sure, but Nintendo has been more open with NPD PR anyway, doesn't Sony just not release a statement after NPD numbers very often? We got a tweet from playstation that the PS4 was number 1 in the US again, I have a feeling that might be all we'll get from Sony.

Vita numbers anyone?

Talal said:
kowenicki said:

Shhhhhhhh!!!

tbf I said I had no idea. Ethomaz was 100% certain as usual.  

Edit.. Wha.. He's banned. Oh bugger. 

Yeah, it's very strange to me actually how he always seems 100% certain about his predictions. Anyway, he was right about the PS4 being UT.

Ethomaz makes those predictions just to get a reaction out of people. Lots of posters are behaving like this lately. Just go through this thread...theres so many posts posted for the sole purpose to piss a fanbase off or something along those lines.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
osed125 said:
RolStoppable said:

Perhaps an NPD adjustment month. If they mess up in previous months, they post an unusually high or low amount to bring the lifetime numbers in line with reality.

Has that actually happened before?

Yes, and it's typically February when this happens as the holiday period plus the following January are the most prone to error. Xbox One shooting up over 100k units based on nothing is more than just a little bit strange. It's more likely that it sold 200k+ in January and about the same in February, but NPD significantly undertracked in January.

As for a way to find out, March numbers will be telling. If Xbox One can improve over 100k units month on month with no games, then this supposed momentum certainly has to continue with Titanfall which is packed in for free. Additionally, March is a five week month, so 325k is the absolute minimum for Xbox One, if February has not seen NPD adjustments. That number is before assuming a boost from Titanfall, with a boost the Xbox One should be above 400k.

Weak excuse based on little evidence. You're aware that every February sees higher sales because of the tax thing in America right?

Soundwave said:
Genuinely surprised about Bravely Default in a good way. I wonder if Square-Enix will make it a higher priority franchise.

The 3DS seems to be able to do OK with mideval/fantasy themed core titles ... Fire Emblem surprised last year, now Bravely Default this year. Maybe Nintendo and their third party partners need to take a clue and make more games in this vein.

Dark Souls 3DS pls

italo244 said:
Vita numbers anyone?

we most likely wont get them.

Could've helped Titanfall beta sell more Xbox One in USA in February?? Maybe a lot of the hype for Titanfall splits during February and March, meaning, maybe, that there won't be so many Xbox One sold in March as we think?

That'll explain why the huge boost for Xbox One in February....

So is pretty much safe to say X1 will win March. Good