By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Weekly Hardware Up 3/8

I think the inevitable slight PS4 slow down is gonna happen.

It's still showing numbers between PS360 & Wii if we look back to March 07 week 1 sales (although PS3 didn't have Europe launched at that point).

I guess as it's the market leader that may not be the best sign.

I wonder what PS2's weekly sales were looking like at this point in time.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
JoeTheBro said:
Mummelmann said:
Okey, these PS4 drops can't possibly be just due to stock issues, it's unlikely they have such a low production capacity and we know that there wasn't a huge amount of stock allocated to Japan for the second and third week.
I wonder if certain users are still imagining 20 million by year end and 250k average weekly sales through Q2 and Q3. Even if there are widespread stock issues, it's incredibly unrealistic to imagine doubling last week's numbers and staying there through the mid-year lull.

Yes I'm still confident it can do 20 mil by the end of the year.

How will it happen though, what will drive the sales? The summer will be tough, I can't imagine that it will be able to keep up with the Wii's first year in Q2 and Q3, it's already gaining fast and that only leaves one possibility; an insane Q4, to the amount of up to 10 million, that's a 770k weekly average through all of Q4. I'm basing this on roughly 10 million lifetime by the end of August, even if it somehow managed 12 million by the end of August, that still leaves 8 million for Q4, 900k more than the Wii.

I just don't understand the reasoning behind the 20 million figure at all, especially with possibility of a comeback by the One is North America and Japan being more or less irrelevant for home consoles this gen. I think people have somehow got it in their head that; "Well, one console has to sell amazingly, especially if two of the others aren't doing fantastic numbers." But I think that this is a highly simplified and assumptive way of thinking (look at the 3DS, it's not set to break any records despite pathetic competition on the dedicated handheld market), by all appearances; the entire console market is currently trending rather heavily downwards and people are going way overboard with the PS4 sales predictions.

MoHasanie said:

Uh oh. The strongest console's sales are really slowing down and X1 and WiiU were already not great. More signs that console gaming is dying.

PS4's still sold out everywhere so this is only a sign that Sony is not shipping well, or it's severly undertracked.

My 8th gen collection

Seece said:
sully1311 said:
Seece said:
sully1311 said:
Dark_Feanor said:
NPD won´t show any signifcant difference, VGChartz already adjested their numbers for the March 2nd 6mi PS4 sold.

If PS4 is undertracked in the USA it´s overtracked somewhere else.

The January NPD bombshell accounted by only 5% of total PS4 sales WW. This spring will be a very disapointing one...

Sony needs to push some more effort into marketing the PS4, it needs games and apps and features.

Yes Ok! 

Bolded: How do you know that?

I'm guessing because Sony said 6m March 2nd and that's what VGC shows? But then if we're talking 50k it's negligible.

These numbers are til March 8. The bar chart will be at 6.1 when it updates.

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41700/Global/

6m Match 1st. But like I said, that doesn't mean it isn't undertracked, I doubt they sold exactly 6m

+ 120000 to be added to that figure. Not arguing with you seece. Dark_Feanor is stating that it if it will undertracked in the US it has to be overtracked somewhere else. How does he know that?

VGC right now is showing Sony is shipping 150k units per week... 600-700k per month... too low unless it is undertracked.

Around the Network

Maybe the ships are stuck in traffic.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I assume some people are waiting for infamous ss and metal gear solid gz to buy a ps4 so that may be a contributing factor.

However, we might see another drop in April/May as demand dies down? I can't see the ps4 sustaining 150k sales continuously throughout the year.

At this rate SS isn't going to sell any extra hardware because there won't be any extra in stock without a huge shipment.

My 8th gen collection

Let me say it: GDDR5 shortage > high price > Sony not willing to pay > less PS4s manufactored

Yes i have been drinking tonight

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Great post Joe, showing the weekly results for the United States of America, Europe and Japan is what every original poster should do.