By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Weekly Hardware Up 3/8

Okey, these PS4 drops can't possibly be just due to stock issues, it's unlikely they have such a low production capacity and we know that there wasn't a huge amount of stock allocated to Japan for the second and third week.
I wonder if certain users are still imagining 20 million by year end and 250k average weekly sales through Q2 and Q3. Even if there are widespread stock issues, it's incredibly unrealistic to imagine doubling last week's numbers and staying there through the mid-year lull.

Wii U headed for the 20's again and will likely stay in that region until MK releases, unless there are some major deals in the meantime. One still not doing terrific but it has at least improved and will likely have a very good week next week with the TF boost.

PS3 hanging in there but crashing yoy, 360 diving headlong into obscurity. Vita 20k above the Wii U, that's gotta turn some heads here and there. 3DS also headed down, will it settle in the 100k region for Q2 and Q3?

Around the Network

NPD won´t show any signifcant difference, VGChartz already adjested their numbers for the March 2nd 6mi PS4 sold.

If PS4 is undertracked in the USA it´s overtracked somewhere else.

The January NPD bombshell accounted by only 5% of total PS4 sales WW. This spring will be a very disapointing one...

Sony needs to push some more effort into marketing the PS4, it needs games and apps and features.

Dark_Feanor said:
NPD won´t show any signifcant difference, VGChartz already adjested their numbers for the March 2nd 6mi PS4 sold.

The January NPD bombshell accounted by only 5% of total PS4 sales WW. This spring will be a very disapointing one...

Sony needs to push some more effort into marketing the PS4, it needs games and apps and features.

Yes Ok! 

Bolded: How do you know that?

sully1311 said:
Dark_Feanor said:

Yes Ok! 

I'm guessing because Sony said 6m March 2nd and that's what VGC shows? But then if we're talking 50k it's negligible.

Mummelmann said:
Okey, these PS4 drops can't possibly be just due to stock issues, it's unlikely they have such a low production capacity and we know that there wasn't a huge amount of stock allocated to Japan for the second and third week.
I wonder if certain users are still imagining 20 million by year end and 250k average weekly sales through Q2 and Q3. Even if there are widespread stock issues, it's incredibly unrealistic to imagine doubling last week's numbers and staying there through the mid-year lull.

Yes I'm still confident it can do 20 mil by the end of the year.

Around the Network
Seece said:
sully1311 said:
Dark_Feanor said:

Yes Ok! 

I'm guessing because Sony said 6m March 2nd and that's what VGC shows? But then if we're talking 50k it's negligible.

These numbers are til March 8. The bar chart will be at 6.1 when it updates.

I worry for the dedicating gaming market.

NPD will be fun. I look forward to it. I just hope we don't get the latter part of the thread filled with "but who ARE these people leaking numbers? I don't trust them".

No offence to whoever that was. I understand your reasoning, it was just kind of irritating.

pezus said:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6071207

I should have said we would wait for adjustments, because I wouldn't be surprised if WiiU was adjusted down a bit in the future 

I'm going to be really pedantic and point out that you shouldn't have agreed to the bet on those terms.

You lose, you add: "I was wrong and Zero was right" to your signature.

Zero loses, he adds: "I was wrong and Zero was right" to his signature.

At least, that's how it reads :P

JoeTheBro said:
Mummelmann said:

Yes I'm still confident it can do 20 mil by the end of the year.

Confident enough for a bet?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

sully1311 said:
Seece said:
sully1311 said:
Dark_Feanor said:

Yes Ok! 

These numbers are til March 8. The bar chart will be at 6.1 when it updates.

http://www.vgchartz.com/weekly/41700/Global/

6m Match 1st. But like I said, that doesn't mean it isn't undertracked, I doubt they sold exactly 6m