By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Weekly Hardware Up 3/8

Big drop for PS4.
Either undertracked which I don't think might be the case or Sony has some production problems

Around the Network

Xevross said:

To be fair VGC has tracked PS4 pretty well so far. its obvious it will be undertracked but I don't think it will be by that much in Feb, is all

VGC trends to undertrack PS4 in US when compared with NPD by a good margin... that's what he is talking... at the same time VGC overtrack Xbone compared with NPD.

Xevross said:
celador said:
true_fan said:

Man ps4 fanboys have so many excuses I suggest you all go into public relations. Sony is not going to purposely ignore the USA (biggest gaming market) for Europe or for some infamous bundles will no cost benefit. That's like saying here's a bone MSFT come get all of our customers who are sick of waiting on the ps4. I believe most people in the US have their ps4, hence the astronomical sales for the first 3-4 months. Also you guys are just trying to sweep under the rug how much of a flop the Japan launch has been. All I heard for months is wait until Japan, some people talking 750k to 1 million in one week. Hype is only going to last so long, eventually you have to make people want to buy your console with software. Expect next weeks numbers to be a demolishing, XB1 will overtake ps4 in the US and the UK, BOOK IT. PS a lot of people waited for Titanfall to make the upgrade to XB1, people who have already made the upgrade will buy Infamous. I expect sales to gradually level out, the honeymoon period is over. Sony is not over producing because they don't have the finances they once had. In terms of the Amazon shipment, I did the 999 trick, it took 3 days for 343 ps4's to be sold.

Whatever you did you did it wrong.  PS4 was the top hourly seller every hour for 5 days, jumped from 40th to 1st in the March bestsellers and moved up to 2nd for the highest sellers of the year so far.  It did not do that selling 343 units in three days.

Yeah, theres no way to tell how many it sells when they have 999 so you know that numbers complete B$. Not saying he's lying though XD.

Ps4 sold about 100 per hour once we finally could see the numbers of stock left. All things considered the shipment was probably about 10k.

Probably around 10k?

Lol, that's absurd. It remained #1 for 5 straight days, climbed up to #2 overall for 2014. If you think it only did 10k, then I guess the Titanfall Bundle that never even hit the top 5, and just a few days ago finally cracked the top 100, sold maybe what, 4k? 

ethomaz said:

Xevross said:

To be fair VGC has tracked PS4 pretty well so far. its obvious it will be undertracked but I don't think it will be by that much in Feb, is all

VGC trends to undertrack PS4 in US when compared with NPD by a good margin... that's what he is talking... at the same time VGC overtrack Xbone compared with NPD.

Yeah I agree VGC tracking of the Xbone has been terrible. PS4 has been off but not anywhere near as bad as that.

I don't trust these numbers one bit, quite honestly.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network
OdinHades said:
I don't trust these numbers one bit, quite honestly.

I see VGchartz number as a gauge of what's going on more or less; however, you really shouldn't put much weight behind their numbers. Wait till NPD and official MS/Sony PR.

wary-wallaroo said:
Xevross said:
celador said:
true_fan said:

Man ps4 fanboys have so many excuses I suggest you all go into public relations. Sony is not going to purposely ignore the USA (biggest gaming market) for Europe or for some infamous bundles will no cost benefit. That's like saying here's a bone MSFT come get all of our customers who are sick of waiting on the ps4. I believe most people in the US have their ps4, hence the astronomical sales for the first 3-4 months. Also you guys are just trying to sweep under the rug how much of a flop the Japan launch has been. All I heard for months is wait until Japan, some people talking 750k to 1 million in one week. Hype is only going to last so long, eventually you have to make people want to buy your console with software. Expect next weeks numbers to be a demolishing, XB1 will overtake ps4 in the US and the UK, BOOK IT. PS a lot of people waited for Titanfall to make the upgrade to XB1, people who have already made the upgrade will buy Infamous. I expect sales to gradually level out, the honeymoon period is over. Sony is not over producing because they don't have the finances they once had. In terms of the Amazon shipment, I did the 999 trick, it took 3 days for 343 ps4's to be sold.

Whatever you did you did it wrong.  PS4 was the top hourly seller every hour for 5 days, jumped from 40th to 1st in the March bestsellers and moved up to 2nd for the highest sellers of the year so far.  It did not do that selling 343 units in three days.

Yeah, theres no way to tell how many it sells when they have 999 so you know that numbers complete B$. Not saying he's lying though XD.

Ps4 sold about 100 per hour once we finally could see the numbers of stock left. All things considered the shipment was probably about 10k.

Probably around 10k?

Lol, that's absurd. It remained #1 for 5 straight days, climbed up to #2 overall for 2014. If you think it only did 10k, then I guess the Titanfall Bundle that never even hit the top 5, and just a few days ago finally cracked the top 100, sold maybe what, 4k? 

Man, some people. 

Sorry if I offended but that was just a random number I pulled from the top of my head, the fact that 100 per hour is about 2400 in a day and it was on sale for about 4 days which makes about 10k. I could be way off but it was just a quick guess.

Man, some people ;P

lol i'll wait for the adjustments..

Xevross said:
wary-wallaroo said:
Xevross said:
celador said:
true_fan said:

Probably around 10k?

Man, some people. 

Sorry if I offended but that was just a random number I pulled from the top of my head, the fact that 100 per hour is about 2400 in a day and it was on sale for about 4 days which makes about 10k. I could be way off but it was just a quick guess.

Man, some people ;P

Nah, you didn't offend me man though I do think I may have overreacted there, sorry. I just found the number weird.

I don't pretend to know how many Amazon sold either, but  keep in mind that using that 100 per hour isn't really a good way of doing it as sales were probaly higher in the initial days. That's all, I don't think it was as low as 10k since that would mean pretty aweful results for everything in the bestsellers list (especially, like I said that Titanfall bundle that couldn't even crack to the top 5). 

Considering the week, XB1 seems under track in EU and PS4 seems under track in NA. Hmmmmm.