By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do you think about Titanfall's Metacritic score? (XOne)

Do you think the game deserves this score?

Yes 96 20.73%

No, it should've been lower 184 39.74%

No, it should've been higher 57 12.31%

I don't know because I h... 126 27.21%

Total:463

So now that Titanfall's Metacritic score is at a (edit: not so) solid 87 (edit: 86), what do you think about it? Did you expect a score like this or perhaps lower or higher? 

I pretty much expected this score as it was hyped (and I didn't believe they were hyping a game that didn't hold enough value) but I don't really know if the game is really good in my opinion because I haven't played it yet. 

Also, idiotic user reviews are back like always for these kind of hyped games: people giving 10s and 0s all over the place, that doesn't seem right..

Around the Network

Pretty great IMO.

I figured it would end up in the 85-90 range. Reviewers are getting tougher this gen.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Uncharted with 66 reviewers at 88/100 was shit on by the xbox fans on this site. They said it wasnt triple A and lack of MP is a crime against humanity.

I expected better from the second coming really.

Or did I expect reviews to really consider the fact it is an online only game that unless on PC requires you to pay to play and should be reviewed as a MMO but knew they'd ignore this because of the above.

Or maybe it is the score I expected it would get, about 9/10.

Hmm, pie.

Around the Network

Having played the beta actually a bit surprise though not really, for what it does its deserving but at $60 for just mp plus a $25 pass ehhh id say lucky to be that high.

Depends which side you view it from.

Solid. This score will ensure that MS gets the rights to the game for the future and be an Xbox exclusive (I don't own a high graphics gaming PC and neither does like 99% of the PC owners population so don't even try to claim that is not really exclusive because it's on PC).

With the hype around here i expected a score in the 90's, but 87 is solid.

I need to play some more, but so far it's good but not in fact the 2nd coming of Christ.  Deserves a solid 87.  GOTG it isn't.

It's well made. The presentation & tutorial are nice. The on foot combat is nice. You can wall jump & double jump;  that's different from COD but not too different from other FPS games.  Then after a few minutes it changes to mechs, and it gets asymmetrical and more boring.  My opinion, I still prefer more sci-fi shooters like Quake or Unreal than soldier shooters.

I don't know if people genuinely love this Titan idea or they love how hyped it is and jumping on the bandwagon.

My 8th gen collection

Soonerman said:
Solid. This score will ensure that MS gets the rights to the game for the future and be an Xbox exclusive (I don't own a high graphics gaming PC and neither does like 99% of the PC owners population so don't even try to claim that is not really exclusive because it's on PC).

It's on 360.